• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski resolutions for the new year?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I could repeat my resolutions from last year as I didn't accomplish all that I wanted to.
Get better in moguls,(improved but not great)
Do a heli(got closer on this)
Get my husband to take a ski trip........he did and now he's planning trips without me!!!:eek:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
'09 resolution: get to a few new resorts that I haven't yet experienced here in New England! Have Loon (NH) on my list for this year, as pass includes it - hoping for a mid to late March get together with other divas!

Jilly

Staff member
Yah I've got some.

1. Get my skiing up to CSIA level 3 so I can get this course
2. Ski with the Diva's - Feb and March
3. Get as most days as possible this year!
4 ..... I'll come up with some more!

toughgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mine is just to get physically in shape, so if i'm healthy and stronger it can only mean better skiing.

Daria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a couple...

Keep my hands in front of me!

Try cross country skiing :ski2:

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I will ski at least 1 day a week. Gotta get some good use out of my season pass, even if it was free (as an employee).

abc

Banned
I didn't make any. Can I make one after the New Year? ;-)

Get some air!

(I got a few baby air last season, mostly un-planned ones though. I quite like it. So would try to PLAN some this season, now that I'm getting a little better at landing them :smile: )

KauaiShan

Certified Ski Diva
more adventurous

I really want to play more in the park/pipe stuff (which is hysterical if you saw me). My inner 16 year old has to convince my 35 year old body to go for it :becky:

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mine is just to get physically in shape, so if i'm healthy and stronger it can only mean better skiing.

Me too. I took DS skiing yesterday so we could try out our new equipment, and I learned instantly that my slacking on exercise was going to come back to bite me:

1. Less strength and stamina; therefore
2. Less ability to get my skis to do what I wanted them to; therefore
3. Feeling less in control; therefore
4. Dealing with the fear factor again.

The good news? That ski trip was the greatest motivator to eat properly and get in shape. I may not be anywhere near perfect in 5 weeks when we head to Utah, but I can surely improve over yesterday! I did manage to get a little more confident each time I did a run, whether on the bunny slopes or up the hill.

I also started Mermer Blakeslee's book about fear so I'm sure that will help too.

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
would it really be asking too much to make it through the rest of the season without getting hurt?

I don't think that's too far fetched.

MSL, let me know when you're going to Loon. I'm less than an hour from there.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
MSL, let me know when you're going to Loon. I'm less than an hour from there.
:yahoo: Will do! Right now, it's me and BKH319 and respective SO's, hopefully overthehilldiva (haven't seen her around here in awhile), and we're hoping around late March?? Will post in Meet On Hill section when dates are firmer. Fabulous! You're closer than I am (2 hrs, but still worth it!). Waiting for when Kangamagus pass is a little nicer for the drive-over. (necessary "evil" from our direction)
How are you feeling???

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am going to work on not dwelling on my mistakes and imperfections in skiing-- in the end I end up skiing worse since I won't let mistakes go. So I need to encourage myself more rather than discourage.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
work on 'form'. I can ski most anything, but now I want to do so gracefully, but will never be able to get close in form to my 80 year old idol who skis like he's in a ballet.

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've got a few. =)

- Huck a cliff over 10ft. :dance:
- Start working on park stuff, boxes for sure, maybe rails at the end of the season.
- Be able to do the medium jumps, and cross my skis, or grab, or take off switch, land a 180.
- Be able to actually keep up with the boys in powder. :becky:
- Speedy tree skiing, instead of 3 turns, stop, 2 turns, stop.
- Attempt a front flip off of something small, into powder.
- Be able to ski a blue run, top to bottom, switch.
- Get my knee back into skiing-open-to-close shape.

- Huck a cliff over 10ft. :dance:
- Start working on park stuff, boxes for sure, maybe rails at the end of the season.
- Be able to do the medium jumps, and cross my skis, or grab, or take off switch, land a 180.
- Be able to actually keep up with the boys in powder. :becky:
- Speedy tree skiing, instead of 3 turns, stop, 2 turns, stop.
- Attempt a front flip off of something small, into powder.
- Be able to ski a blue run, top to bottom, switch.

Awesome goals! :thumbsup:

I have some of the same goals, but for the 09/10 season. This season I would like to ski a green run all the way switch, take some small jumps, maybe do a grab, and ski the pipe a bit without hurting myself lol. Next season land a 180, medium jumps, cross, and clear the lip in the pipe. No rails for me (too much injury risk for me with my responsibilities) though.... I am really loving the Pearls, hope you get a chance to try them, but only in the 169. They are a light ski and anything shorter would probably bounce you up to Seattle.

Otherwise I want to keep working on form, on being relaxed, and on keeping my speed and confidence up in varied terrain. Hope to get some pow skiing experience in Colorado, bumps . . . basically everything. And most importantly, steer clear of injuries!

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am really loving the Pearls, hope you get a chance to try them, but only in the 169. They are a light ski and anything shorter would probably bounce you up to Seattle.

:ROTF: I'm sure they would!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna