• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Season Passes 20/21 (other than Epic and IKON)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Any season pass info you'd like to pass along?

I just got an email from Sunday River announcing a new pass called the Maine pass, which is good for both Sunday River and Sugarloaf. It goes on sale September 1 (available through October 12), and it has a host of extra perks including discounted tickets for friends, retail and food savings, Western resort benefits, and more. There's a commitment to being open 150 days that goes along with it, too. Go here for info.

MissySki

Angel Diva
People are PISSED about this.. lol Apparently many were not paying attention when Sunday River said that they were taking passes off sale June 15th and the same products might not be available this fall. If you want a laugh, go to the Sunday River Facebook page. I'm happy I bought my New England Pass in June which includes all 3 mountains still. My gold pass was also ~$1050 and it's now $1399 with less mountains included, Eek!

The good news for season passholders is they answered multiple times on their page today saying they are not planning to restrict season passholder access. Fingers crossed! Though I'm not sure how they could not restrict in some way early season if they open in the usual way..

marzNC

Angel Diva
As I posted in the MidA/SE summer thread, Massanutten has extra deadlines for the upcoming season. The lowest prices go away after August 31, next deadline is October 31. They added options for families of 4 or more, both Full Season unrestricted and the Special Value Pass (not good Sat 9:00-4:00). Rollover to 2021-22 is possible if someone doesn't use a pass.

alison wong

Angel Diva
1) Indy Pass - destination list on website is final for coming season, no more new adds. Few resorts on Indy offer night skiing.

2) MCP - Same as 1). Full refund on or before 11/16.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Today the Indy Pass announced the addition of 11 new resorts for the coming season. This brings the total to 55 resorts, which is a heck of a lot. Bear in mind: you get 2 days each, and there are blackout days. Still, a great deal.

Here are the new resorts:

Snow King Mountain, WY
Buck Hill Ski Area, MN
White Pine Ski Area, WY
Winterplace Ski Resort, WV
Cannon Mountain, NH
China Peak, CA
Crystal Mountain, MI
Granite Peak, WI
Lutsen Mountains, MN
Sasquatch Mountain, BC
Tamarack Resort, ID

And they announced their 20-21 pricing:
Adult - $199
Kids 12-and-under - $99

There's add-on pricing, too, if you're a full season pass holder at any of the Indy resorts.

For more info and to see the full list of resorts, go here.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The MCP price of $469 with a bonus 3rd day at one pre-selected location will probably only last another week. A reminder email was sent out on Sept. 1.

Be interesting to see how long the MCP continues to be available when limiting capacity will be required one way or another at all destination resorts.

MissySki

Angel Diva
The MCP price of $469 with a bonus 3rd day at one pre-selected location will probably only last another week. A reminder email was sent out on Sept. 1.

Be interesting to see how long the MCP continues to be available when limiting capacity will be required one way or another at all destination resorts.

My New England Pass also has benefits at MCP locations. I was wondering how that might work if I actually did travel next year. Though it’s unlikely.

marzNC

Angel Diva
My New England Pass also has benefits at MCP locations. I was wondering how that might work if I actually did travel next year. Though it’s unlikely.
As I remember, people with a season pass with the 50% discount would go to the ticket window and buy a day ticket for the lower price. When the MCP first came out, all the resorts on it gave the 50% discount at other locations to premium season passholders. Made sense so that it was still likely they would buy the 1-location season pass instead of just the MCP. I would think that discount can be made available for an online ticket sale.

MissySki

Angel Diva
As I remember, people with a season pass with the 50% discount would go to the ticket window and buy a day ticket for the lower price. When the MCP first came out, all the resorts on it gave the 50% discount at other locations to premium season passholders. Made sense so that it was still likely they would buy the 1-location season pass instead of just the MCP. I would think that discount can be made available for an online ticket sale.

This is correct, I just meant that I’m curious on whether it would be possible to get tickets if you are more considered a day ticket and they are doing reservations where passholders would have priority.

marzNC

Angel Diva
This is correct, I just meant that I’m curious on whether it would be possible to get tickets if you are more considered a day ticket and they are doing reservations where passholders would have priority.
Ah, good point. Probably similar to what independent resorts that are both MCP and Ikon partners need to figure out in terms of how to handle the level of priority for making a reservation that doesn't require any money. Most of the Ikon partners are also on the MCP. I think Grand Targhee is the only one only on the MCP, but not Ikon.

Since the MCP/Ikon partners have a certain amount of experience with the number of people who used a multi-resort pass in the past few years and only a limited number of days are used by MCP/Ikon holders, probably not too hard to plan for the demand.

The two Alterra resorts on the MCP are in a slightly different situation. But since Mammoth and ?Valley/Alpine Meadows are pretty big and have a lot of lifts, even with capacity limits the number of MCP guests may not be that significant even for 2020-21.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Bridger Bowl season pass prices go up mid-Oct. What's new is that Bridger installed RFID. I won't make it back to Bridger and Big Sky this season, but on the list for 2021-22. By then the delayed construction for the new Swift Current lift will be completed at Big Sky. :smile:

August 31, BoZone.com
BRIDGER SEASON PASSES ON SALE, NEW RFID TECH & PAYMENT PLANS OFFERED
https://bozone.com/bridger-season-passes-on-sale-new-rfid-tech-payment-plans-offered/
" . . .
Bridger Bowl season passes are on sale online now with payment plans available. Gone are the days of tickets and wickets as well as season passes as we remember them.

. . .
The local ski area has implemented RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology with the new Bridger Bowl Card.

Due to the ongoing impacts of COVID-19 and a commitment to best serve its guests, Bridger Bowl has made advances and adjustments to season passes, policies and buying processes.

Bridger’s Community Commitment Policy begins with no price increase on season pass or day ticket products for the 2020-21 season. Also, for the first time, payment plans are being offered for season pass products. These plans create easy, automated monthly payments until full payment is complete on November 15, 2020. Purchasing a pass sooner lowers the payment amounts.

As part of Bridger Bowl’s COVID-19 Commitment, season passes may be cancelled at any time, for any reason, for a $20 fee, prior to November 20, 2020. During this unprecedented time, Bridger Bowl is committed to its community of skiers and riders.
. . ."

marzNC

Angel Diva
Mad River Glen is not expecting to have to figure out a reservation system, but they are encouraging people to consider getting a season pass. If there are times when limiting capacity becomes necessary, season passholders will be given higher priority. Buyers can change their mind before Dec. 10 and get full credit or a cash refund.

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 11.49.01 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
For folks unfamiliar with the locations on the Indy Pass, here's a breakdown by region that shows the variety available. Clearly with 55 locations, the idea is to focus on one region. With perhaps an eye to checking out one location in another region as part of a trip to ski to a destination resort.

Sept. 1, The Storm Skiing Journal
Indy Pass Solidifies Second-Year Coalition as It Breaks Into Wyoming, Loses Mt. Abram
The upstart pass enters its second season with two days each at 55 ski areas for $199
https://skiing.substack.com/p/indy-pass-solidifies-second-year

marzNC

Angel Diva
The Deer Valley season pass price goes up some time in October. Definitely one of the most expensive 1-location passes, almost $2500. That includes Ikon Base if bought before a Dec deadline. There is a table on the DV website to compare a DV pass with Full Ikon and Ikon Base. Obviously someone who wants to ski DV more than 7 days would consider a DV pass.

Several other Alterra resorts have 1-location passes, in addition to Ikon.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Last year my ski buddy got a 3-day deal for Steamboat that was even good over a holiday weekend. For 2020-21 Steamboat has multi-day packages that are unlike any other Alterra resort. For that matter, I haven't seen anything like them for any other destination resort. No deadline for purchase. The 3-day passes have to be bought at least 48 hours before the first use. The days can be used any time, doesn't need to be consecutive days.

* 7 Days over 2 seasons (2020-21 and 2021-22) for $599, free kid pass (ages 5-12)
* 4 Days Mid-week for $299
* 3 Days early season for $199
* 3 Days in April for $149

Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 5.51.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 5.52.05 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
The price for the MCP has gone up $20 to $489 for adults. An MCP for a kid is $149, up from $99. No more bonus 3rd day as expected. Usually the fall price lasts until early October. Hard to predict what will happen in 2020.

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
I suppose only two of us on the forum care, but Grandvalira (Andorra) season passes have been on sale for a couple of months, with better than normal guarantees. Full refund if they can't open or if the skier can't come to ski at all, and progressively diminishing refunds depending upon the number of days skied or the length of the season if they have to close super early. Extra ("covid incentive") discount if the pass is bought before Sept 30th, then normal discount if bought before December something, then normal prices after that. I bought mine already, of course.

Andorra depends upon Spanish and French day and weekend skiers, but also a lot on week-long travelers from the UK and elsewhere who fly into Spain and France and then car or bus into the country (no airport in Andorra). Due to the uncertainty of the COVID quarantine restrictions between the UK and other countries, those UK flights are quite "up in the air" to coin a phrase.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I suppose only two of us on the forum care, but Grandvalira (Andorra) season passes have been on sale for a couple of months, with better than normal guarantees.
Not necessarily. There are always a lot of lurkers for any online forum.

I like hearing about the situation in other regions or countries any time. That's how my bucket list has grown. And not just for destination resorts. I'm actually more curious about the less well known ski areas. Even more so during a pandemic.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna