• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Running: A crazy person's idea of 'FUN'

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey, itri, good luck on the race! You're gonna do great.

Peq, what issues are you having? My stomach is fairly picky before/after a run so it makes nutrition a bit difficult. I'm still trying to figure it out.

Did a 5K yesterday. I'm not a natural runner, so have to fight every step of the way for what most people would consider a warmup pace speed, but I felt ok with the results. No PR, but just about what I ran last year at my last 5K, so at least I haven't gotten worse. And I just did a tri on Sunday, so I'm still a bit exhausted (that's my story and i'm stickin to it!)

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Peq, what issues are you having? My stomach is fairly picky before/after a run so it makes nutrition a bit difficult. I'm still trying to figure it out.

Sorry - didn't see this till now. Basically, I won the genetic lottery and have learned over the course of the last 11 months that I have some sort of glucose metabolism inefficiency, so simple carbs are way out of the question, as are sugar and little energy boosts like candies, etc. I've been trying to figure out how to make sure I have enough glycogen in store to have energy to finish a run on a hot, dry day -- humid mornings in the 70s, I've got figured out. Right now I do my normal meals during the day and also have a pb&J on wheat about 45 minutes before working out. I'm using whole wheat fig newtons to refuel when dinner isn't immediately available.

As for electrolyte replacement, I've found this product called "Nuun." It's like Gatorage without the sugar.

I did recently learn from this NY Times article that running in hot dry conditions actually uses up more glycogen than running in not-as-hot, humid conditions.

Still a work in progress...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna