• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Review Recent Threads as an option?

marzNC

Angel Diva
I happened to end up with the option to Review Recent Threads tonight. Is there a way to have that on the menu bar in addition to Watched Threads and What's New? On another forum I sometimes use Today's Posts to quickly check recent threads if I haven't been keeping up.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure what you're looking for: "What's New" IS "Recent Threads." However, there are a couple other ways you can see what's new, too. You can click on "Recent Activity" under "Members." Or, once you're in "What's New," you can click on "All Recent Messages," which is waaaaay over on the far right. Hopefully, one -- or all -- of these will get you what you want.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Looked more carefully to figure out what I was looking at. What I found was Recent Threads, which is different from Forums/New Threads and Members/New Activity. Showed up soon after I had marked all forums as read.

What's New displays:
New Threads
These are all unread threads from TheSkiDiva.com. You may also see what members have been doing recently.
The description is very small (hard to read without my reading glasses). Just discovered that the second sentence is a hot link to Recent Activity. Not in blue or anything so that's not obvious. Same as Members/Recent Activity. Definitely useful now that I know it's there.

When I didn't have any unread threads and I clicked on New Threads, then:
TheSkiDiva.com
You have no unread threads. You may view all recent threads.

After clicking on the hot link for recent threads:
Recent Threads
These are all threads recently updated. You may also see what members have been doing recently.
Second sentence is a hot link for Members/Recent Activity.

What Recent Threads displays is similar to New Threads, but includes recent thread titles for threads for which I have already read all the posts. Does that make sense?

Hope you don't mind the questions. I've been on some software development teams for design and testing as the "end user." Tend to wander about in odd ways, so find things that other users are never likely to need or care about.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I get it now! Helps to use my reading glasses now that I'm paying attention to the fine print. The hot link for Recent Messages on the far right side when looking at New Threads is what goes to Recent Threads. :smile:

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DOH, thanks for pointing that out! I was wondering where it went. There seems to be a lot more tiny print on some of the links (or tiny greyed out print, like the date and time a reply was posted) and, um, I often keep my browser window too narrow to display the "recent threads" link. :embarrassed:

OTOH, the tiny print no doubt makes space for more important stuff to be readable, like what we read and write!

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just found something else--if you click on the "members" tab at the top of the page you can see which registered members and visitors are online as well as recent activity by registered members! All kinds of Easter eggs are hidden on this site!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga