• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Playful but stable 90-something mm ski?

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
xSzJaWr4-FhAXiFSg8LydlTdDmd8e0I9GaAcxEdwTd2eozX9b3wpHk6VhQn9pvNLdB1UOnmcazPJNLrjjZi66KlwWX3D2FRZcXzGs2eSO2lwfg8NJas7iJnwPu8ofLY-t-MNyA635lHXK31GF26pBuUvxIe9tQDxSjBBY1S0jtMsqu1ZrEp4eMfub3ucnqx624xKWE-IjdLWA6rAXbTzEe_gKLwfxDSmVHvF24k22yq1bE8TwpXngaHZTaIHPBU9UZATQgCEK8e9VcjiHSj01bw5anGXw33OnCtzrBSwLHPIH94DxOQYlRmXV43dW39AMNbVxzrHujq4MOOiriK1Ceyh1hvBoc_eRrG-O6FR65RjrUPUuZAT5uo_k8GluNQprx3uEEp4G-rA3FidnyWjJ3-Ul5Mh1U2Zpu6SWOnTSQ9b_ea-Az4l6WE8BHYhIMKxvk-9SM5NJ3YT8hlL2PnAboMHJGIrZhmceIIQDVmcE_fH-KRlvd7AEu5l7k5yNoPPETceuv075vMXVk01GAlKJPwxJueHGav8t7WZtS-SCdEYwU0DS2TQ-PYj514uYyN48EMcvv1s9whCThsRJ0NzAFnyNYw8lTaLERORPViSGNHenY8p07cxL4cWxM3acYmzVLvEAXz302LTTkZwZ-5CZwq-=w491-h654-no

All ready for me! :ski2::becky:

@geargrrl, keep the Sheeva 9 on your list.
What are some qualities that you like in your skis?

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I always think about it in terms of how I ski. Hmmm. I like a ski that feels solid and reliable, with feedback but I don't want to fight with it. Easy to turn, responsive in crud or groomers, something I can trust.

I categorize myself as an expert/non-charger. Assertive but not aggressive. All mountain, all conditions, groomer performance is not as critical as the rest of the mountain.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I always think about it in terms of how I ski. Hmmm. I like a ski that feels solid and reliable, with feedback but I don't want to fight with it. Easy to turn, responsive in crud or groomers, something I can trust.

I categorize myself as an expert/non-charger. Assertive but not aggressive. All mountain, all conditions, groomer performance is not as critical as the rest of the mountain.
Did you ever try the older Blizzard Samba?

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

The Secret is definitely worth checking out, as is the Sheeva 9 OR 10 :becky: I have found every Salomon I've been on to give a little too much feedback, if that makes sense. Easy enough to ski, but they don't have a smooth feeling to them or the "right" kind of energy. Based on feedback on the forum here, the Black Crows Camox Birdie is also very worth checking out.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I did have a Samba. I got it in the 160-something size and I ended up fighting with it all the time. Sold them half way through the season I bough them. I'm sticking with sub 160 length from now on. Between that Samab and the custom 166 Svevas I won, lesson learned.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did have a Samba. I got it in the 160-something size and I ended up fighting with it all the time. Sold them half way through the season I bough them. I'm sticking with sub 160 length from now on. Between that Samab and the custom 166 Svevas I won, lesson learned.
FWIW I fought with the Sambas, too. Same length. The Sheeva in a 164 is a totally TOTALLY different ski and skis quite short. I can't get over how easy it is to flick around and make short radius turns on. I believe I skied the Secret in 163 and wouldn't want shorter. It was very easy to ski. Not as playful, I don't think. Sometimes, the right ski ends up being the one that comes in your "happy length".

Is anyone else as happy as I am that widths are narrowing down for skis that are meant to tackle the whole mountain?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have the 2014 Samba in a 152 and really like that ski... not getting rid of it any time soon.. kind of beat up but will keep !

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You are taller than me iirc.
I'm not sure--I'm 5-5". I guess what I was trying to say is that I get it that you have a happy length, not that my happy length should also be your happy length. And, some skis just fall in between that length which kinda stinks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga