• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Planning for 2021-22 already!

captain_hug99

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The of the Colorado mountains that caters to locals has started sales for 2021-22. Monarch is offering the rest of this season, plus next season for $539. Had a good time checking out Monarch a few weeks ago. They were limiting tickets sales and Saturdays were selling out, but I doubt they'll want to do that again next season.
Monarch is a fantastic place, especially for families.

EPIC is 20% lower than it was last year.

I re-upped with Epic because we're retired military and it is the cheapest ticket in town.

jskis190

Certified Ski Diva
We didn't ski this year. I didn't miss it as much as I thought I would. Now trying to figure out how skiing will fit into our retirement plans. We took a leap of faith that the border will be open and have booked an RV spot in Tucson for 5 months. We also bought a midweek pass for Taos and hope to do several short trips. That is quite different from our normal one trip ski agenda. Hopefully we will rediscover our passion for skiing.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We didn't ski this year. I didn't miss it as much as I thought I would. Now trying to figure out how skiing will fit into our retirement plans. We took a leap of faith that the border will be open and have booked an RV spot in Tucson for 5 months. We also bought a midweek pass for Taos and hope to do several short trips. That is quite different from our normal one trip ski agenda. Hopefully we will rediscover our passion for skiing.

If you go to Taos you your passion will be re-ignited :tongue:

Boston girl

Certified Ski Diva
Monarch is a fantastic place, especially for families.

EPIC is 20% lower than it was last year.

I re-upped with Epic because we're retired military and it is the cheapest ticket in town.
I decided to go with Epic as well. The Northeast value pass is so reasonable I couldn’t resist. I like how no reservations will be needed too. I didn’t like that reservation thing.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Here is how my 2021-2022 season is shaping up...

Lift-Serviced Turns: Bought an IKON Base Pass and a full pass at Mad River Glen. The full pass at MRG was more expensive than the IKON. Stark Mountain, where MRG is located, is currently visible from where I sit at my kitchen island, so it's still a good buy for me. Since the bulk of my non-food & beverage recreational spending is directed to the ski season (hiking and running are free, yo) I am still considering Epic, but I am leaning towards no -- simply because there's only so much time in the winter. Maybe someone can share their buddy tickets.

Touring: I bought the weekday Nordic, backcountry and uphill pass at Bolton. Previously they sold one pass for the same price that granted weekend access, but I have heard that they are hurting for money. Their passes keep getting more and more segmented and offering less and less value. I suspect that my true backcountry touring will remain limited next season and I'll mostly be using this pass for uphill cardio, which I really enjoy! Flats are a total pain to navigate on a splitboard and I'm not strong enough a skier to start backcountry touring on skis. Just being realistic about my abilities and how much fun I'd actually have. I am also looking forward to skinning at Cochran's in the mornings too. I can bring my dog along to Cochran's.

XC Skiing: I still want to progress on XC skis! Because of the lack of time and daylight hours, though, I suspect that this one will be an a la carte activity for me. There's an incredibly beautiful XC ski area about 10-15 minutes from my house that is a mere $10 per visit.

Gear, Softgoods: Not allowed to buy anymore. My softgoods quiver is 100% complete! On the other hand, Dr Pugs and I have been intermittently fasting to try to lose weight. I might change my mind if I lose 30 pounds! I am down a bunch already and it doesn't seem unrealistic to drop another 20+ pounds before next ski season if I stick to it. There are days when I only eat one meal a day. It sucks.

Gear, Hardgoods: Just talked myself out of picking up a new snowboard on super spring sale. I've been highly, highly tempted to pick up the Black Pearl 82s on end of season sale, but my superego is telling me to keep skiing the Black Pearl 78s another season and besides I have two other pairs of skis that I need to give love to... I might want to buy the solid version of my splitboard if I get a half-off coupon from my friend, though. I had so much fun on that board (Burton Hometown Hero) this season.

I asked my little brother what his plans were with respect to snowboarding would be next season. He said he hasn't thought that far ahead but isn't the least bit surprised that I've already given the season so much consideration. :noidea: It's clearly a lot of fun for me to think about.

Jilly

Staff member
Realized that I hadn't posted anything concrete yet...

Ikon base pass bought, as I need it for Tremblant, unlimited.
Condo booked and a deposit heading to landlord with his key.
Possible trip to Banff, Covid dependant, Ikon pass will look after that and friend with timeshare is sharing. So flight and car is all my expenses there.

I still need to ask Tremblant about the "privilege package" I usually buy. It gives you 20 coffees, 1 full tune up, 15% discount on food etc and first tracks. Well I still had 4 coffees from 2020 + 20 from 21...I didn't use the pass for a tune up or buy anything...so.. They did say in the fall that I was carrying coffee's over. So does the same happen this year, minus the first tracks??

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought the Epic Pass for senior mid week Northeast version and just got the Ikon base pass. My hope is to at least go to Utah once. And the Ikon pass will get me a few stops at Killington and unlimited at Stratton.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I have a fantasy of skiing with @kiki at W-B next season. But it's just a fantasy because I don't know where I would find the time to go to western Canada before the mountain closes, plus who knows if then border will be open by then! My other fantasy is to spend a couple of days spring skiing at Banff Sunshine Village/Lake Louise. The skiing is likely to be pretty decent there in late April/early May and the resorts are quite empty. This is a more doable 4 day weekend trip for me.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Work, work, work! Hopefully continuing to work at teaching skiing to amazing students.

If borders open up and they are not sold out, we might go to Retallack lodge in Canada to cat ski for his 50th, since we went to Japan to ski for my 50th. We almost never leave town so it would be a very big deal. Have only been outside of my 2 counties once for 2 nights in the past 2 years! So ready.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Thanks all for your input about WB. I just remembered there may be a spring software upgrade at work during 2nd weekend of March. I may have to push my visit to 1st week of March. Still planning to combine WB +Banff in one trip. That's what I did for the past 2 visits.

Less worry about the crowd..... more worry about border will be open by then.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I get the impression that more resorts are selling their 1-location passes during the spring for at least a month or two. Perhaps a reaction to Epic/Ikon or perhaps a reaction what happened in the ski industry March-Dec 2020.

For example, Alta is going to sell 2021-22 passes starting May 3. The new perks are a reflection of a season during a pandemic.

•Weekend & holiday parking reservation benefits
•New Family & Friends benefits
•$269 Ikon Base add-on
•Peace-of-Mind Purchasing

newboots

Angel Diva
Thanks all for your input about WB. I just remembered there may be a spring software upgrade at work during 2nd weekend of March. I may have to push my visit to 1st week of March. Still planning to combine WB +Banff in one trip. That's what I did for the past 2 visits.

Less worry about the crowd..... more worry about border will be open by then.

Interestingly, my ski club scheduled a trip to Whistler for next year. IIRC, they were also slow to end "race training" together at a local restaurant. I wonder about the decision process.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Interestingly, my ski club scheduled a trip to Whistler for next year.
Could it be a rolled forward trip from 2021? A Washington DC ski club has a trip organized to WB in early Feb.2022, as well as one to Austria 2022.
If there'd be an out of country trip, I'd think it's better to plan for "later" month, e.g. in March.

newboots

Angel Diva
That's a good guess. They had an early one for Sugarbush that was cancelled after difficulty with the new ownership. And Telluride, late Feb-early March - they went! The pictures are amazing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna