• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Planning for 2021-22 already!

newboots

Angel Diva
The Ikon Pass goes on sale 3/11. The adult
base Pass is $729, and it includes blackout dates, and limited to 4 days at certain resorts. I think that’s the pass for me. There’s no senior pass option

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
base Pass is $729, and it includes blackout dates, and limited to 4 days at certain resorts. I think that’s the pass for me. There’s no senior pass option

I said "oof" when I saw that the pass price was $729, but I'm pleased to see that the renewal price is $649. I guess I have to decide if I want that or the full $899 pass with no blackouts.

MissySki

Angel Diva

I believe the base is 5 days at certain resorts. I didn't see any with 4 days, though there is a separate 4 day pass specifically.. Also note that Jackson Hole and Aspen are not included on the base again, you have to add them on separately if you want them. Glad Jackson Hole was last year's trip!

This is why my add on for Sunday River is so appealing though, it's only $300 more than my regular pass, so that's a deal I couldn't pass up! I don't mind the blackouts on Ikon since I don't have blackouts on my regular pass for Sunday River/Loon/Sugarloaf and wouldn't likely ski elsewhere over holiday periods.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Also note that Jackson Hole and Aspen are not included on the base again, you have to add them on separately if you want them. Glad Jackson Hole was last year's trip!
Ah, so that's may the source of the rumor that JH wouldn't be included in Ikon. Some people were thinking only of Ikon Base. Anyone who wants to plan a trip to JH or Aspen has to decide between paying the Add-on cost or just committing to Full Ikon.

For the trip in Dec, my ski buddy from the midwest added on JH since he hadn't planned on going there in 2020-21 and only has Ikon Base. At $150 for 2 days, that was still a decent price for a destination resort out west. He'll be buying a day ticket for $85 in March for Taos since a Ski Week is 6 days. He'll use his Ikon pass more than enough to make it worthwhile for 2020-21.

newboots

Angel Diva
I'm looking at an add-on, as well, for Windham Mountain. Last year it was only about $150 more; pricing isn't up yet for 21-22.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Ah, so that's may the source of the rumor that JH wouldn't be included in Ikon. Some people were thinking only of Ikon Base. Anyone who wants to plan a trip to JH or Aspen has to decide between paying the Add-on cost or just committing to Full Ikon.

For the trip in Dec, my ski buddy from the midwest added on JH since he hadn't planned on going there in 2020-21 and only has Ikon Base. At $150 for 2 days, that was still a decent price for a destination resort out west. He'll be buying a day ticket for $85 in March for Taos since a Ski Week is 6 days. He'll use his Ikon pass more than enough to make it worthwhile for 2020-21.

Yeah that totally makes sense. I think for the add on type of pass I'm doing we aren't able to upgrade or add to it in that way, but plenty of other destinations that appeal to me since I don't think I'll be heading to JH or Aspen next year.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looks like Ikon is deferrable again for 21/22 season---but you have to choose to defer by Dec 9 next year as opposed to being able wait and defer in April.
I imagine I'll get the full Ikon as per usual--hopefully I'll actually be able/feel okay about using it next year.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Renewal discount for full Ikon last year was $200 but this year is $100.
I wonder if they count those of us who deferred passes this year to be people who are renewing or if they count us as new purchases. I'd like to think they consider it a renewal, but who knows, they might get us on a technicality that a deferred pass is not a renewal.
Also, the deferral credits are apparently not going to deposited into our accounts to use until April 19 . . . .and I don't see any mention of a deadline to purchase the pass at the current listed price before it goes up. Hopefully the deadline won't be April 19 or 20 :rolleyes:

Jilly

Staff member
My email from Tremblant only said it was going on sale. No link to anything...have to wait and see if Canadian $$ price is different.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
looks like Crystal has dropped from unlimited on Ikon Base and is only available as unlimited on the full Ikon now. @Christy hopefully that would help with congestion there?

marzNC

Angel Diva
looks like Crystal has dropped from unlimited on Ikon Base and is only available as unlimited on the full Ikon now. @Christy hopefully that would help with congestion there?
Interesting, if someone buys an Ikon pass but then decides that a local Crystal-only pass makes more sense, it will be possible to switch if the Ikon pass hadn't been used for 2021-22. The local passes are priced to encourage people to ski midweek.

Jilly

Staff member
Canadian pricing isn't up yet. My email from Tremblant just said stay tuned.

bambam

Angel Diva
We just renewed our New England silver pass last night. We generally don’t ski holidays so no need for gold. Will wait to see what trips are planned by our ski club & where-else we might want to go next season before we decide whether or not to buy Ikon or Epic passes.

newboots

Angel Diva
So many details to consider! I never even thought about where my ski club might go! (To be fair, this season was my first with the ski club and I didn't go on any long trips. Some of them did - Telluride, Gore, and Smuggler's. I don't know what resorts are planned for next year.

Christy

Angel Diva

I was happy to see acknowledgment of the problem, though just limited days on the base pass doesn't seem like enough to me. Why not also make it one of the 28 (!!) destination limited to 7 days?

And they always have to get in a little "but it's not really our fault!" dig. Oh, sorry the Puget Sound area has grown so much in the last 5 years but no one has added ski resorts. A ski resort isn't a McDonalds. No one is building new ski resorts anyway, and if they were, they would take a looong time to permit and build. With warming temps it's unclear what our ski areas will even be like in 30 years. It may not be viable at some places--they are saying we likely won't be skiing at Snoqualmie anymore. So no one is going to build a new one here.

Here's the pertinent part of the announcement.

We also recognize the past two years have been different for those who have called Crystal Mountain home for decades. The Ikon Pass has been a positive addition providing our guests a good value for unlimited access to Crystal Mountain, in addition to access to other mountain destinations around the globe. But it has also created unique challenges in Washington. The Puget Sound region has experienced substantial growth over the past five years, but the number of ski resorts has not grown along with it. For Crystal the rise in demand for skiing and snowboarding has created challenges in itself, and at times has negatively affected the experience getting to and on the mountain. We’ve heard you and we are committed to providing a better guest experience.

That said, the Ikon Pass is an evolving product that has continuously evolved since its introduction in 2018 to best suit the guest experience across the variety of destinations. We at Crystal have thought long and hard about the best approach for next season. We are pleased to announce some small but significant changes for the 21/22 season:
  • The Ikon Base Pass will be limited to a maximum of 5 visits with holiday blackout dates at Crystal.
  • The Ikon Pass will continue to offer unlimited access to Crystal Mountain.
  • Both passes will also offer access to 44 destinations across the globe including Crystal Mountain.
  • Both passes will continue to offer free Adventure Assurance.
  • Crystal will continue to offer local season pass products from the Local Hero to the Hall Pass providing superior value for access midweek and weekends during the 2022 spring season.
  • Reservations have been necessary this season for us to control our capacity in the interest of safety protocols, but we will no longer require reservations to access the mountain next season.
  • We will continue to control the volume of daily ticket sales with advance purchase online – this too will serve to support a better guest experience

marzNC

Angel Diva
Why not also make it one of the 28 (!!) destination limited to 7 days?
Except for Deer Valley, the resorts with limited days for Full Ikon are Partners that are independent resorts that aren't owned by Alterra. So each Partner's owner makes a decision about what access to provide to Ikon holders. Alterra uses Ikon as the unlimited season pass for their resorts. DV has a unique history and the DV-only season pass costs around $2500.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly