• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Overcrowding at Epic and Ikon resorts

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is not a hijack .... but does anyone know what the IKON pass cost last April? I'm juggling a few things for this and next season!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
This is not a hijack .... but does anyone know what the IKON pass cost last April? I'm juggling a few things for this and next season!

Base or full IKON?

I think the base pass was around $620 (that included a $30. savings if you had the pass the previous year and renewed it). The full pass was $300. more.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Base or full IKON?

I think the base pass was around $620 (that included a $30. savings if you had the pass the previous year and renewed it). The full pass was $300. more.

Thx!! I am supposed to go to Utah in about two weeks. I’m still considering canceling since I can only go to Park city on this Epic Pass. So thinking about getting the, if it is still there next year, Okemo weekday pass and the IKON local pass. Or what I did last year.

And unrelated to skiing, two of my dear friends are getting married in Bermuda at the end of the Newport to Bermuda sailboat race in June. So I’m dancing around my dollars!

newboots

Angel Diva
And unrelated to skiing, two of my dear friends are getting married in Bermuda at the end of the Newport to Bermuda sailboat race in June. So I’m dancing around my dollars!

Aww, get a job!

:becky:

MissySki

Angel Diva
Not sure if blackouts helped or just the very cold start today (-10 F), but Sunday River wasn’t busy at all. I skied onto lifts all day, easily found a seat for a warm up tea right around lunchtime in the North Peak lodge, and had a bunch of chair rides all by myself. It was an unexpectedly great holiday Saturday!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Base or full IKON?

I was thinking about the base level pass. Basically doing what I did two years ago with the Okemo weekday and the IKON base pass.

gr8outdoors

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thx!! I am supposed to go to Utah in about two weeks. I’m still considering canceling since I can only go to Park city on this Epic Pass. So thinking about getting the, if it is still there next year, Okemo weekday pass and the IKON local pass. Or what I did last year.

Snowbasin is on the Epic Pass this season.

kiki

Angel Diva
Here in the Vancouver area the crowding on weekends At local-ish hills is crazy. I think maybe the improving economy and younger millennials who live at home forever and have disposable income may be impacting this. I usually ski whistler and blackcomb but this year also went to cypress a couple times and it was equally crowded.
crowding has been especially bad this season, much worst than prior years at WB as the alpine has been shut a lot so everyone crowds in mid mountain, quite an issue of discussion in local press. hopefully vail figures out their maintenance and avalanche control issues!
As for all the young people, The good news is if millennials stick with it there is a future to ski Industry ;-)

Jilly

Staff member
All I can say is Tremblant was a frickin zoo today. Long line ups at all the lifts. Last fall I purchased the Montangard pass. We go through the ski school gates at most lifts. So line ups are minimal. I really feel for the guests that are paying big $$ to ski.

Christy

Angel Diva
All I can say is Tremblant was a frickin zoo today. Long line ups at all the lifts. Last fall I purchased the Montangard pass. We go through the ski school gates at most lifts. So line ups are minimal. I really feel for the guests that are paying big $$ to ski.

Is this a pass that you pay extra for to skip lines?

Christy

Angel Diva
Yes, or if you own a condo in the resort village you get it as a perk.

I hadn't heard of that with ski resorts. I can see how that is a great incentive to help someone make the decision to buy real estate. That seems like something that ski resorts in general might try, absent of a condo sale. Another way to make money--If you are willing to pay, we'll let you help avoid the crowds. Or are there places that are doing this already? Where people that pay more will get a special line. Our ballpark has this...the airport does of course...

Jilly

Staff member
You can get it added to a day ticket too. Not sure how much.

Over 14,000 visitors yesterday.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Over 14,000 visitors yesterday.

My daughter, son-in-law and two granddaughters were among them. I wasn't sorry my pass was blacked out! They claim to have had a great day, nevertheless - in part I'm sure because I suggested they remain in the glades as much as possible. Daughter and her hubby and I just returned from a truly spectacular x-c outing this morning. Gorgeous snow, sun, blue skies and a wonderful network of ungroomed trails on which we saw just one person. This was truly x-c skiing at its very best! My daughter is not happy to be returning to Toronto - though they're back in a couple of weeks for spring break. Hope this great snow will last.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There was a separate, marked line for premium passholders at the couple of lifts I saw this at last season.

Copper has a suite of options. You can join the Over-50 group ($59 for the day, $429 for the season). You can pay for parking privilege, but it comes with no guarantee of a space. You can pay for line-cutting.

I haven't taken lessons at Copper. I don't know if they have separate lines for ski school. Loveland doesn't seem to.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna