• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New Zealand 2023

Rashika

Certified Ski Diva
Interesting reading, although the review is based on Montec brand so not exactly the same but as a sister company possibly similar. I have also found a few good reviews of Dope snow (not on their website) so am reserving judgment until I have given this jacket a good go. So far I’m finding it suits me really well, but I probably have different needs to many skiers.

I did a lot of looking for a new jacket as my previous one has never fitted me well ( think long rectangle shape, too big at the top but ok at the bottom, not many special features), and that is the story of my life!
Im not the typical size for almost any clothing but I have found this especially applies to skiwear…. And motorcycling clothing as well: up till the last 5 years I’ve always worn guys stuff which doesn’t fit well either but better than something that doesn’t have the safety needs for motorcycling. That has changed over the last 5-10 years which is great, and I now have a jacket and pants that fit pretty well, after putting up with guys stuff for 30 years. Now if only they made a decent boot to fit me, cos women’s style boots with heels do not cut it on long rides.

5 ft 8, 40,38,45inches top to bottom makes it really hard to find clothes that fit me and this one actually does, and has adjustments that help with the fit, something else I have yet to find in most jackets I’ve tried on. And pants are a whole another drama.
And over this season I’ve tried a lot in shops all over nz, most will fit my top but just won’t do up at the hip…. And that is actually really depressing time after time, as I’m not huge but I am a very typical pear shape.
So the fit is a big thing.

The second huge thing is actually being able to get a jacket brought online to nz… usa companies just don’t seem to send here much anymore, I gave up after trying three companies… ‘sorry we don’t post to your country’. Yes I could send it to a friend in the states, and then send it on, but yknow, lots more hassle and frustration and then if it doesn’t fit…

Europe companies will post at about $100 euros, but still didn’t like much I could find, unless it was in black, or colours that’s were just blah or pink. Purple I like, pink not quite so much!

So yeah my reasoning for purchasing from dope; liked their style, quality looked good ( although not top of the line but I don’t expect that as the price was mid range), it fits me and they send here, even quickly.
And the proof will be in the wearing… so far after a day on the Snow and snowing all day I can say I was dry and warm by the end of it.

lol and I don’t buy for fast fashion, more for what fits me. I still call my two year old bike jacket that fits me ‘new’!

Love this website, especially all the comments from everyone, it’s good to get honest and varied reviews. And if anyone knows of companies that has good fit for larger bottomed women please let me know!

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Love this website, especially all the comments from everyone, it’s good to get honest and varied reviews. And if anyone knows of companies that has good fit for larger bottomed women please let me know!
Keep an eye out for the jacket Maria currently has in pre-production / testing from Nobody's Princess, she reckons Winter 2024 it'll be available; the demo she had up online last month showed all the various fastenings where you can take it in / let it out to custom fit and it looks amazing.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My understanding from @Analisa is that they are probably equivalent to aliexpress snow brands like gsou snow, just with glossier marketing - so there is a lack of quality control / warranty / commitment to ethical or environmentally sound manufacturing processes.
Thank you, that concerns me a fair bit. I've always been happy to pay a decent amount for ski gear on the grounds that when you need it to perform, you NEED it to perform.

On a happier and back on topic note, my son's mate managed to catch the good dumping at Remarkables and apparently got a good first-ski experience. So maybe another convert from the tropics!

Rashika

Certified Ski Diva
Keep an eye out for the jacket Maria currently has in pre-production / testing from Nobody's Princess, she reckons Winter 2024 it'll be available; the demo she had up online last month showed all the various fastenings where you can take it in / let it out to custom fit and it looks amazing.
Oh such a cool website! I will read it a bit more and following this intently, love her concept. Wish I had found it before I got my spyder bib pants… which are of course guys ones, although they do fit me nicely.

lol and you know how I figured they are guys pants?
On Sunday I did them up and then thought nooooo the zip broke, but no it was just double ended hahah…

Last edited:

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Interesting reading, although the review is based on Montec brand so not exactly the same but as a sister company possibly similar. I have also found a few good reviews of Dope snow (not on their website) so am reserving judgment until I have given this jacket a good go. So far I’m finding it suits me really well, but I probably have different needs to many skiers.

I did a lot of looking for a new jacket as my previous one has never fitted me well ( think long rectangle shape, too big at the top but ok at the bottom, not many special features), and that is the story of my life!
Im not the typical size for almost any clothing but I have found this especially applies to skiwear…. And motorcycling clothing as well: up till the last 5 years I’ve always worn guys stuff which doesn’t fit well either but better than something that doesn’t have the safety needs for motorcycling. That has changed over the last 5-10 years which is great, and I now have a jacket and pants that fit pretty well, after putting up with guys stuff for 30 years. Now if only they made a decent boot to fit me, cos women’s style boots with heels do not cut it on long rides.

5 ft 8, 40,38,45inches top to bottom makes it really hard to find clothes that fit me and this one actually does, and has adjustments that help with the fit, something else I have yet to find in most jackets I’ve tried on. And pants are a whole another drama.
And over this season I’ve tried a lot in shops all over nz, most will fit my top but just won’t do up at the hip…. And that is actually really depressing time after time, as I’m not huge but I am a very typical pear shape.
So the fit is a big thing.

The second huge thing is actually being able to get a jacket brought online to nz… usa companies just don’t seem to send here much anymore, I gave up after trying three companies… ‘sorry we don’t post to your country’. Yes I could send it to a friend in the states, and then send it on, but yknow, lots more hassle and frustration and then if it doesn’t fit…

Europe companies will post at about $100 euros, but still didn’t like much I could find, unless it was in black, or colours that’s were just blah or pink. Purple I like, pink not quite so much!

So yeah my reasoning for purchasing from dope; liked their style, quality looked good ( although not top of the line but I don’t expect that as the price was mid range), it fits me and they send here, even quickly.
And the proof will be in the wearing… so far after a day on the Snow and snowing all day I can say I was dry and warm by the end of it.

lol and I don’t buy for fast fashion, more for what fits me. I still call my two year old bike jacket that fits me ‘new’!

Have you tried the Nobody's Princess Zali pants? I met someone on Mt Hutt who raved about hers - she went in store to Complete Outdoors, they happened to have her size (I think she said size 20?) and she looked absolutely fantastic in them!

Rashika

Certified Ski Diva
Have you tried the Nobody's Princess Zali pants? I met someone on Mt Hutt who raved about hers - she went in store to Complete Outdoors, they happened to have her size (I think she said size 20?) and she looked absolutely fantastic in them!
No I haven’t, and I couldn’t justify buying more new pants yet… but it’s great to know they have them in nz outlets. Will definitely remember for the future though

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No I haven’t, and I couldn’t justify buying more new pants yet… but it’s great to know they have them in nz outlets. Will definitely remember for the future though
I also can't justify getting new pants, but once I see the bathroom features on their bib release for 2024 I might bite the bullet...especially if I don't have to take my jacket off to access them.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also can't justify getting new pants, but once I see the bathroom features on their bib release for 2024 I might bite the bullet...especially if I don't have to take my jacket off to access them.
I was straining my mind to remember if I had actually seen pants with a pee-zip for women (probably not what it's called but that's the function) or whether I had imagined it. Of course it was something NP came up with.

Rashika

Certified Ski Diva
Wow what an idea that would be, I will wait with bated breath for that one!
Bit like the she-wee for motorcyclists!:smile:

Rashika

Certified Ski Diva
Last off topic post!
Just curious, do you have a link this? Cant find anything on the NP website?

and yes Mt hutt looked great today, top carpark closed by 9.09am so a lot of others ( and school holidays) must have thought so too.
I wish I could get up there…. Sigh… work…

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just going to leave this here ... Hubby ditched the builders apron today and snuck in a cheeky heli day :thumbsup: he's the one in orange

Rashika

Certified Ski Diva
Just going to leave this here ... Hubby ditched the builders apron today and snuck in a cheeky heli day :thumbsup: he's the one in orange

Awesome!!
That looks like so much fun... my partner did it last year and had a ball.
I think it would be a bit above my pay grade at present :smile: but would be just amazing!

Reactions: AJM

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Awesome!!
That looks like so much fun... my partner did it last year and had a ball.
I think it would be a bit above my pay grade at present :smile: but would be just amazing!
Mine usually go's at least once a season but he missed last year so when the opportunity to go today came up he didnt need asking twice :laughter:

Ski The Tasman is another great trip if you ever get the chance ... slightly mellower heli landings !!

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last off topic post!
Just curious, do you have a link this? Cant find anything on the NP website?

and yes Mt hutt looked great today, top carpark closed by 9.09am so a lot of others ( and school holidays) must have thought so too.
I wish I could get up there…. Sigh… work…
It's only been on their instagram stories so far!
I was straining my mind to remember if I had actually seen pants with a pee-zip for women (probably not what it's called but that's the function) or whether I had imagined it. Of course it was something NP came up with.
A few of the bib designs have attempted to solve the toilet issue - I have seen drop seats, long side zips that turn the back of the "pant" part into more of a flap that opens, double side zips where the bib straps un-snap/are actually connected to the front, and the long waist zips on the onesies - I think the Nobody's Princess bib looked like a variation on side zip??

Rashika

Certified Ski Diva
Mine usually go's at least once a season but he missed last year so when the opportunity to go today came up he didnt need asking twice :laughter:

Ski The Tasman is another great trip if you ever get the chance ... slightly mellower heli landings !!
Just talking to partner and of course he’s done that too! He even reckons I could that one, brilliant views… maybe one day

Reactions: AJM

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The skiing is super cruisy and just being in that incredible environment make skiing the Tasman a true bucket list thing to do !!
We were lucky in that we went during covid so it was easier to just book a few days in advance when we saw a good weather window coming up, oh and the prices were cheaper too :laughter:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga