• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Muscles go cold at end of day?..

Downunder Diva

Angel Diva
What muscles groups were you looking to support? I can tell you the most skiers wear a 3/4 length stabilyx tight---best for knees, it band, and core."[/I]

Thanks for this LB I had no idea what to choose but now I know the stabilyx are optimised for *** IT Band (my nemesis) *** and knees - bliss :dance:

SkiNana

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you for this!! I placed an order for the raspberry and black in a medium at the $65.99 price . . . no shipping, no tax! Can't wait to see how they feel! Thanks again for the heads up! :love:

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skinanny,, thanks for posting. I got busy at the end of the day & then went to a play, and would have forgotten until tomorrow if I hadn't seen it. Now my order is in. Wish I had them for tomorrow pm because I'm going to freeze my patootie off at Alta! Breaking out the handwarmers for the first time ever! :brr:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
^^^ Good deal, and I think you'll all be pleased. I got the raspberry trim black ones on close-out last spring, in advance of my 4 y/o CW-X's losing their compression. The older ones are still doing fine! Remember, though: line dry only!

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I went for free shipping, so it'll either be early next week or two weeks from now. Either way I'm excited!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I was going to do free shipping, but I really wanted to have them for Whiteface next weekend for Diva Week and then the next weekend after that I have a 2 day camp too. So figured it'd be worth it, hopefully if it gets my legs gong longer! :goodluck: We shall see.

MissySki

Angel Diva
My 3/4 length stabilyx tight arrived today, so I had to try them on right away of course. My first impression was that there was no way I was going to be able to get into these things and maybe I should have went up to a medium. However, with some tugging and wiggling I was able to get into them. Once on they were quite comfortable and even flattering, not that it matters since they will be under everything else :bounce: It was interesting because I didn't notice them being super supportive while they were actually on, just tight in a good way, but once I took them back off I felt like something was missing :noidea: so maybe that means something promising :goodluck:. I plan on trying them out tomorrow, hopefully in a bit of fresh snow! I'll report back.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have mine on right now! Too bad I didn't have them skiing today. I like the way they feel, except they kind of bite where they end on my calves. That's because they come down to the thickest part of my calves, which is the price of being short & plump. I imagine one solution would be compression socks. Hmm. But I like them enough to try them skiing, maybe on Sunday. Maybe I should wear them to bed to help me recover?

MissySki

Angel Diva
I tried out my tights yesterday for the first time, and wow, just wow. I saw such a huge difference in my legs it wasn't even funny! I was skiing in conditions that I'm terrible at, very tracked up heavy snow. I just haven't had enough practice in these conditions and tend to traverse too much which in turn usually creates a lot of fatigue in my legs very quickly because I end up having to absorb constantly the bumps I'm going over. Now the tights did not help my technique obviously haha, I wish, but though my legs obviously tired over the course of the day, they never got jello like, and I wasn't dying from all the bouncing around and absorbing I had to do. I skied longer than I would have thought possible for myself in this stuff, which leads me to believe the tights are definitely going to make an even bigger impression when I'm not in conditions that are so extremely challenging to me personally. Also, my legs stayed extremely comfortable temperature wise. I hope the rest of you who just purchased these will have a great experience as well. Thanks so much to those who suggested trying these out, apparently I must've been having some circulation troubles. Looking forward to trying these out some more, I also have nowhere near the soreness I normally do today, I probably had the tights on for around 4 hours after skiing due to stopping for food and the drive home.

The only time I was uncomfortable was when I ate after skiing, the waist band then started to dig into me where it hadn't before. Apparently I overindulged on Guinness :beer: and Buffalo chicken tenders! There is a drawstring on the waist, so I'll be sure to see that it's not pulled taut at all next time I eat while in them! :rotf: Maybe they will also stretch a tiny bit with additional uses.

Downunder Diva

Angel Diva
Glad to see you gals are all enjoying your compression tights (there ought to be a club or something :becky: ). I ordered some CW-X stabilyx 3/4 uninsulated off US eBay posted for $79 and I'm really looking forward to using them for my gym work... MissySki I'm with you they need to have a guiness 'gusset' model. :laugh:

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wore mine last Friday but hadn't written about it because it was a crap ski day with equipment problems and I'm tired of whining about stuff. :boom:(sorry, I've just been waiting for an excuse to use this emoticon!) However, two really good things happened.

First, I've been trying to skate, and my current setup supports that. Up to Friday I'd gotten better on level and slightly uphill ground, but suddenly I was able to coordinate the change from one leg to another and even skate downhill (for a while) with some nice gliding and a good push off the back leg; I'd always balked at going downhill because I got going too fast, but now I just felt more coordinated. There's something graceful about skating, and it felt better than it has since I switched to downhill skis.

Also, I skied a hill covered with bumps! Granted, it was by accident, they were powdery, and it wasn't pretty skiing, but they were bumps as opposed to bumplets, and instead of skipping across the top of the bumps at increasing speeds as I usually do, I did it the way I've been told to do when I'm learning: stop at the top of one bump, pick the next one, make a soft turn around the first bump to the top of the second bump to and stop again; pick the next bump, turn and stop at it's top, etc. I didn't fall once, and when I got to the bottom of the field I was really excited!

I really liked wearing the tights. They're definitely long for me, so to get the patella support in the right place is I had to pull them up without having them bunch up anywhere. But despite only being 3/4 length they don't cut off circulation to my calves, and my usual ankle swelling was almost non-existent. And, despite the astonishing thigh, calf and ab burn, my knees felt fine. They definitely reduce movement of my muscles and whatnot, and embarrassing as it is to admit the extent of the 'whatnot,' keeping it in place no doubt helped my balance while skiing on stuff that didn't require too much action from the rear of my boot. They were a pain in the a** to take off and put back on when I had to pee, but it was worth it.

So, a thumbs up from me, and I hope that with Zo's new fix to stabilize my heel I'll have a more accurate report after skiing on Friday. :becky:

Downunder Diva

Angel Diva
^^^ awesome!! :thumbsup: They really do make a difference... I've just started running as part of ACL rehab and I'm telling you now that this body was NOT built for running!! I'm suffering some quad burn and so can't wait for my tights to arrive...

Downunder Diva

Angel Diva
My new 3/4 CW-X stabilyx tights arrived from over the ocean (god i love Ebay) and I'm seriously impressed! They are 1000 x better than my old ripped snow skins brand which in comparison have the thickness and compression of a pair of nylons and they cost double :mad:. These are a seriously superior product (once I was able to wriggle into them :redface: thank god they have a drawstring to stop them rolling down :becky:) ski season is still 3 months away so I'm going to hit the gym in them and try them out on my nemesis the treadmill...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga