• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Muscles go cold at end of day?..

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All day, eh? I could definitely see that for touring, and for camping in general. I'm thinking that I probably wouldn't wear them to bed after a ski day, though. :cool: I know some stores which probably have them so I could get an idea. I also see that there are different levels of compression for most brands.

SkiNana

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wear my compression garments constantly - sometimes they're on for many days in a row - for 23:59 hours and 50 seconds per day . . . .now is that TMI???:laugh: )

Considering that I just read that your chances of being located by avi dogs goes up if you're wearing much worn ski undies, you may be doing everything just right! :bounce:
(They're trained to human scent, so carrying old baloney sammies in your pockets doesn't help at all.:ROTF: )

Downunder Diva

Angel Diva
Considering that I just read that your chances of being located by avi dogs goes up if you're wearing much worn ski undies, you may be doing everything just right! :bounce:
(They're trained to human scent, so carrying old baloney sammies in your pockets doesn't help at all.:ROTF: )

:ROTF::ROTF: Oh Goodie!... Any excuse not to get nekkid for 10 seconds in the snow to perform ablutions... :laugh: Though this
may explain why my snow camping and skiing is done solo :rolleyes:. Consolation prize is that at least I'm highly attractive to avi dogs :laugh: Though no snow camping this year DH and I are actually going to be able to ski together for the first time in 4 years :faint: :clap:... and i can't wait :yahoo:

SkiNana

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was just reading (on EpicSki) about the new (?) Opedix Knee Support compression gear. Then I checked the price on their site. :eek: Well, I thought, after reading the opinion people had about them (namely, any compression tights would probably do the same thing), I will just check out these CW-X things the Ski Divas keep talking about. :eek: :eek:
Wow! This stuff is all expensive! Anybody have some advice on where/when to get deals on these things? $100 - $200 for tights? :faint:

Downunder Diva

Angel Diva
Wow! This stuff is all expensive! Anybody have some advice on where/when to get deals on these things? $100 - $200 for tights? :faint:

Yes compression stuff is dynamite.. I just buy oddments when I can at sales and end up wearing very uncoordinated compression ensembles. No specific advice except keep your eyes peeled at the end of season throwouts - I've been able to buy at 50 - 70 % off rrp. Good luck...:goodluck:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
CW-X retail at +-$100, and sales will be kicking into high gear fairly soon. 4 years ago, I think mine were around $65, and I just replaced them this year - but the originals are still fine. That being said, I really feel like this is one item that is worth the $, at least for me. I'd rather hunt for deeper deals on outerwear than do w/o these!

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

End of season deals on backcountry.com, or steep and cheap. The latter option is more time consuming because it's more variable whether what you want will come up as a deal. I have a pair of tights and one pair of capris. And, as MSL wrote, they're pretty durable. In fact, I've had a tear in the tights for 3 years from when I walked into some brambles or something, and the tear hasn't expanded, if that's any "endorsement."

Lilywhite

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Check also the discount grocery stores such as Lidl/Aldi I have picked up very cheap compression "pyjamas" for £6 in both this winter and been pleasantly surprised at the quality, quite honestly I was expecting to use them and dump them after a 1 week holiday but they have washed up as new and been used several times since without noticable wear other than slight bobbling at the thighs and armpit.

MissySki

Angel Diva
https://www.backcountry.com/cw-x-3-...ns?rr=t&cmp_id=&rrType=ClickCP&rrProd=CWX0067

Are these some that anyone has tried in particular? They are not the insulated ones unfortunately because Backcountry is out of my size in them. I could get it elsewhere, but really like backcountry's return/exchange policy and the price is good too. I usually wear a 3/4 length smartwool baselayer so I thought these should fit well under them and will only add to the warmth I normally have. Are the insulated ones more bulky and these would then serve my purposes better under my wool layer anyway?

Is it more worth my time to get the insulated? Any opinions?

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was surprised that their sizing chart puts me at a solid medium :rolleyes: but the reviews indicate that they run small if you're near one or the other end of the sizing range (based on weight in my case)--so it's a large for me. And a markdown from $86 to $66 changes my reaction from a price-related :eek: to a :drool:.

BTW, the discount only applies to the black/lavender. Pretty!

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
https://www.backcountry.com/cw-x-3-...ns?rr=t&cmp_id=&rrType=ClickCP&rrProd=CWX0067

Are these some that anyone has tried in particular? They are not the insulated ones unfortunately because Backcountry is out of my size in them. I could get it elsewhere, but really like backcountry's return/exchange policy and the price is good too. I usually wear a 3/4 length smartwool baselayer so I thought these should fit well under them and will only add to the warmth I normally have. Are the insulated ones more bulky and these would then serve my purposes better under my wool layer anyway?

Is it more worth my time to get the insulated? Any opinions?

I have the insulated version only, so I'm not sure how they compare in terms of warmth, but the insulated is not bulky at all. If you're planning on wearing these under Smartwool, it should probably work.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Not really, especially if you are going to wear these under your regular 3/4 underwear. I have the insulator but wear them in place of long underwear (unless it's 0 or below, then it's both!). This is a good deal. It might really help you.

FWIW, re: sizing - I should probably be in a small, am on the S-M edge, went for the M for non-binding comfort. They are 4 years old and still fine.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not really, especially if you are going to wear these under your regular 3/4 underwear. I have the insulator but wear them in place of long underwear (unless it's 0 or below, then it's both!). This is a good deal. It might really help you.

FWIW, re: sizing - I should probably be in a small, am on the S-M edge, went for the M for non-binding comfort. They are 4 years old and still fine.
Thanks for the sizing comment; I'll go with the large. I'm inclined to get uninsulated tights and then look for 3/4 length insulation. I could even wear wool because it'd go on top of tights! :cool:

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Question: there are different kind of CW-X tights: Expert, Performx, Staybilyx, and Pro. I'd assume they provide different levels of support, but try as I might I haven't been able to find anything that indicates why they're different. Does anyone have a clue?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Question: there are different kind of CW-X tights: Expert, Performx, Staybilyx, and Pro. I'd assume they provide different levels of support, but try as I might I haven't been able to find anything that indicates why they're different. Does anyone have a clue?

I'm with you, could not find any real comparison chart or anything for level of support..

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just emailed CW-X.com to find out whether it'd the fabric or the pattern of support in the garment. I'll post their reply when it comes.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here's their email:

"All of our tights are made with a coolmax.lycra combination and have the same grade of compression.

The various styles have different taping web patterns that support various muscle groups in the lower extremities.

What muscles groups were you looking to support? I can tell you the most skiers wear a 3/4 length stabilyx tight---best for knees, it band, and core."

The stabilyx tights on sale for $65.95 have raspberry trim, and the regular price for other colors is $87.95. The insulated stabilyx ones are $78.36 (20% off) but are only available in a large. I think I'll take the plunge on the uninsulated ones so I can wear them in warm weather too.

There are 3/4 length CW-X tights for other sports, and they also carry a 3/4 length skins tights for $33.73 but only a few are in stock.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Well this explains why we couldn't find different levels of support anywhere! :smile: Thanks for the info. I agree, I am going to grab up a pair of the uninsulated with raspberry trim to try out.. good price and you can't really go wrong when it comes to the return/exchange policy at Backcountry.com.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
.. good price and you can't really go wrong when it comes to the return/exchange policy at Backcountry.com.
Thanks for mentioning it--I was hoping that was the case. Now I'm kinda excited.

Now I need to look for a compression shirt; I couldn't find any with real support at Backcountry.com.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga