• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Montana 2018-19: Big Sky, Bridger, Whitefish, etc.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The new Ramcharger lift at Big Sky is excellent. Toasty seats and the bubble is a great wind blocker. Very cool lift. Just finished my first trip to Big Sky over the Christmas week and we had a blast. Conditions were great for this East Coast skier!
Thanks for the update! Can't wait to experience Ramcharger myself in February. I really like all the terrain over on Andesite Mtn.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When we have visibility, it's the best.
50050973_10156861573647488_6409648638082940928_o.jpg

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’ll be in Big Sky this week and back for the end of February into mid March.

Regarding Ramcharger 8, which I’ve nicknamed “the four quad”, it’s quite a beautiful ride! I’m not a fan of magic carpets, but I survived. I mention my renaming Ram 8 because when Powder Seeker first opened, an instructor friend told me the locals renamed it “the double triple”, and since then we all use that name when referencing it. They’re adding a couple “dining globes” to Ram 8 next year which I think will be interesting as a different experience.

So many changes at BSR. I’m still trying to figure out if I’m appreciative of the 2025 Vision or not.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I’ll be in Big Sky this week and back for the end of February into mid March.

Regarding Ramcharger 8, which I’ve nicknamed “the four quad”, it’s quite a beautiful ride! I’m not a fan of magic carpets, but I survived. I mention my renaming Ram 8 because when Powder Seeker first opened, an instructor friend told me the locals renamed it “the double triple”, and since then we all use that name when referencing it. They’re adding a couple “dining globes” to Ram 8 next year which I think will be interesting as a different experience.

So many changes at BSR. I’m still trying to figure out if I’m appreciative of the 2025 Vision or not.
Look for a PM since you don't have enough posts to see my Meet On The Hill (MOTH) thread in the Divas Only section. I think my trip to Big Sky may overlap with your next trip.

Do you mean conveyor loading for Ram 8? When I see "magic carpet" I think of what beginners use. I'm used to conveyor loading because my home hill has had it for around 10 years now. Typically beginners get how to load with the help of conveyor loading faster than advanced skiers. At least, that was my observation when it was added to the Supreme triple at Alta before the lift was replaced completely.

What I'm looking forward to checking out is the Challenger quad. The ride on the old double was slow and a bit unnerving, especially the first time (six years ago) in low snow conditions when the landing pad was pretty small with lots of rocks around.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Starting to watch the weather forecast for Big Sky since I'll be there in a few weeks. Not so much for snow, although of course that's of interest. More for temperatures because I have to decide what to pack. Just as well I've been out skiing when daytime highs were in the teens at Taos in January.

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 6.34.25 AM.png

MissySki

Angel Diva
Apparently I’ve always been to Big Sky in much warmer weather, but each time was in March so I guess that makes sense!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Apparently I’ve always been to Big Sky in much warmer weather, but each time was in March so I guess that makes sense!
Ironically one reason I don't ski in the northeast in Jan-Feb is that it's often too cold. My memories of Stowe are skiing in single digits. Although with the dampness of the northeast, it feels that much colder than single digits out west. Found that out at Wachusett one day when I was definitely underdressed even though it was in the 20s.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna