• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mid-Atlantic (VA, WV, MD, PA) for 2012-13

marzNC

Angel Diva
Turns out that Massanutten's last day wasn't today after all. Snowed most of the day and temps never got over 32 on the mountain. From the Massanutten snow page as of Sun evening:

"Winter Storm Watch in effect for tonight. We will operate 3 lifts servicing 11 trails for our final day on Monday, March 18th 9am-4:30pm."
Snowshoe got 5 inches, with more expected the next few days. Silver Creek closed for the season today. Those who went for the $199 season pass (late season plus 2013-14) who could get to SS more than once in March must be happy campers.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Mnut and Wintergreen are open day because of the snow last night. Mnut got 4 inches, Wintergreen about 1 inch. Mnut has both Lift 5 and 6 open so I bet there are instructors and ski/board team members who will be on the slopes today. Both parks are closed as well as Geronimo since that lift isn't open. Wintergreen said they wouldn't groom the Highlands. They have another open weekend to go but no more weekdays.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wintergreen doesn't want to quit. They announced today that slopes will be open for THREE more weekends . . . meaning skiing in Viriginia in April!

eSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's killing me - I think I might have to get out one more time.

dividedsky75

Angel Diva
I went to Elk in PA today. I saw just a few harder/slightly icy spots but, considering it's almost the end of March, conditions were great! It was also snowing while I was there. They are open until next Friday. Definitely check them out if you're in the area.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The last nearby resort Liberty Mountain in PA is closing today. Had some really nice spring skiing in the afternoon with a little firm in the early morning. This is probably my last day of skiing for this season, a bit sad - but it was a great season, hope next one will be even better. :smile:

Pandita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skied today at Blue Knob. lots of great coverage. Had a great time. Will there be skiing next weekend???? Mabybe?:clap:

eSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh hey, you got room in your car for one?:becky:
I wish I saw this before we left. That is one heck of drive and more company would have been welcome.

The conditions were great and the resort was a ghost town. That was my first time at Snowshoe and my Rockettes and I will definitely be back. (Oh yeah and I'll probably drag DS along as well).

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So Seven Springs are doing this nice deal for this weekend where for $149 you can get a hotel room for 1 night, all day lift ticket, and breakfast. I am really tempted. Anybody wants to come to Seven Springs this weekend?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna