• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mid-Atlantic/Southeast skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC, TN) for 2022-23

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have no idea unfortunately :( Hopefully it's more than just the BP!
Maybe I'll try to make that day if I can. If you're planning to be there let me know!

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Maybe I'll try to make that day if I can. If you're planning to be there let me know!
Sadly I am working that weekend (the joy of health care) and won't be able to make it but I am hoping to make it to Montage the very end of January for a few days. I can reach out closer to then and let you know what exact dates I'll be there to see we can possibly meet up!

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sadly I am working that weekend (the joy of health care) and won't be able to make it but I am hoping to make it to Montage the very end of January for a few days. I can reach out closer to then and let you know what exact dates I'll be there to see we can possibly meet up!
Sounds good! We're there most Sundays, but can also do Saturdays (at least until it gets too far into tax busy season for me). :smile:

marzNC

Angel Diva
The heatwave is over in VA/WV/NC! I'm heading to Massanutten soon. Also going to ski at Timberline. There was a lot of snowmaking in WV last night. :snow:

Learned yesterday that the Timberline webcams can point in multiple directions now and can be "user controlled" based on "votes" to decide which direction to point next. So much fun to watch!

Just before 9am on Friday, Jan. 6
Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 9 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 9.40.42 AM.jpg

marzNC

Angel Diva
Apparently Jan. 6-8 is College Weekend at Timberline.

"The slopes are open to everyone; but if you're a college student, you get a deal! Present your current, valid college ID at the ticket window to receive special college pricing: Daily lift tickets for $60.00 for a single day, $55.00 each for two days, or $50 for all three days; ski or snowboard rentals for $29 for a single day or $24 each for 2-3 days."

HMSCster

Certified Ski Diva
Yeah! Keep us posted on conditions of this weekend :smile: I'm going we get to one of those two resorts in the next two to weeks too.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Yeah! Keep us posted on conditions of this weekend :smile: I'm going we get to one of those two resorts in the next two to weeks too.
I started Meet On The Hill (MOTH) threads for my days at Timberline and Massanutten. After you have a few more posts (need 25), you'll be able to the the MOTH section along with all the other sections for Divas Only.

You can always send a PM (envelope icon for Conversations) if you prefer and want to get contact info for a potential meet up for a few runs, or just to say "hello."

marzNC

Angel Diva
In Utah for the winter teaching at Deer Valley and patrolling at Nordic Valley.
Cool! Are you going to be able to pop over to LCC during the SkiTalk Gathering? Bill and I will be there for one day midweek before we head to Grand Targhee and Big Sky.

Nordic Valley is cute. I stopped by one evening just to take a look from the base several years ago. Been watching to see what changes happen with the current ownership.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Skied at Massanutten on Wed and Thu, Jan. 11-12. The new trails on the upper mountain really make a difference! In particular when there hasn't been enough cold weather to get Lower Paradice open yet. That is always the last upper mountain trail for snowmaking. There were a few seasons before the water supply and pumping power was drastically increased when Paradice (the old black trail) never opened.

Now have the option of Mueller's Mile (blue) or the combination of Upper Paradice (the flat section is now rated blue), Ridgecrest, Upper Mass Transit, and Yee Ha to get back to the Peak lift (was called Lift 6). Diamond Jim is always the first to open from the top. From Ridgecrest, can also get to Upper Showtime if interested in heading to the Ridge Triple (formerly Lift 5).

Last part of Upper Paradice as it becomes Ridgecrest (father & son were both advanced beginners)
Mnut Ridgecrest 11Jan2023 - 1.jpeg

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Montage is going to have another free demo day on the 29th. I am hoping to make this one if anyone else is planning on heading there that day! According to their Facebook page will have Volkl, Blizzard, and Head at least.

Attachments

• 1EEBB72F-A747-4F92-8EB4-76213DFC8DB6.jpeg
    1EEBB72F-A747-4F92-8EB4-76213DFC8DB6.jpeg
    595.6 KB · Views: 3

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ah, why they gotta do it the week I'm up at Killington. lol

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Montage is going to have another free demo day on the 29th. I am hoping to make this one if anyone else is planning on heading there that day! According to their Facebook page will have Volkl, Blizzard, and Head at least.
Any idea what conditions will be like tomorrow? @tinymoose ?

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Any idea what conditions will be like tomorrow? @tinymoose ?
I didn't make it up to the mountain last weekend, but I know they were going hard blowing as much snow as they could once temps dropped. When we were there two weeks ago they had one green open (Highball), Switch (blue race trail), park open on Whistler, and then down on the North Face they had Cannonball, Boomer, and White Lightning open. Per Facebook it sounds like they probably got the following open in the last week: Smoke (North Face), Mainline (other main green), Lower Runaway (North Face). Although, they did close today for rain.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I didn't make it up to the mountain last weekend, but I know they were going hard blowing as much snow as they could once temps dropped. When we were there two weeks ago they had one green open (Highball), Switch (blue race trail), park open on Whistler, and then down on the North Face they had Cannonball, Boomer, and White Lightning open. Per Facebook it sounds like they probably got the following open in the last week: Smoke (North Face), Mainline (other main green), Lower Runaway (North Face). Although, they did close today for rain.
Well, we're going to give it a try. It will be my daughter's last ski day for perhaps 2.5 years, so we have to try.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, we're going to give it a try. It will be my daughter's last ski day for perhaps 2.5 years, so we have to try.
I'm sure it will be fine and lovely even if they're not fully open. Should be a relatively quiet day and uncrowded. Not sure if you've eaten in Slocum Hollow before, but do so if you haven't. Montage has great food.

marzNC

Angel Diva
With the deep bases that the southeast ski areas/resorts were able to build after the last cold front, next weekend is looking good. Meteorologist Brad is optimistic about the next few days and next week. Given his focus on the southeast, he looks for snowmaking temperatures more than natural snow. Only the WV mountains get natural snow consistently in Jan-Feb while the ski resorts in NC/TN/VA depend on 100% snowmaking to have a ski season from mid-December thru mid-March.

January 20, 2023

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How was it today @Lmk92 ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna