• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Length of skis in your quiver

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
5'6" hmmm flux between 150-175#
2009 Atomic Heaven's Gates 159 rock skis-the last of my non rocker skis..
2014 Black Pearls 159cm
2014 Atomic Elysians 168
2016 Atomic Cloud 11's 162 or 165?
2017-18 Renoun z90's 165 Waiting for fall delivery :-)))))))

lucy

Angel Diva
Am I too late to join in? Loved this thread. Wish I would have found it at the beginning of the year. Oh well, so glad for the extra info. I always worry that my skis are too short... but now I know I'm just a chicken. Lol. Here goes...
5 feet 3 inches, ~120 lbs.
150, 156, 158, 163, 168

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
5' 5" 190 ish

Voile Vectors 170
Rossi Temptation 88 172
Karhu Jils 167

Just added DPS Wailer 112s at 168 -- I like to ski trees and 178 would have felt long in NE. Got them at Okemo for a STEAL. :becky:

Now I just have to wait a full 8 months to ski on them! :doh:

newboots

Angel Diva
You know what I love? A whole buncha women happily (or at least without lots of complaining and apologizing) recording their height and weight.

No, I don't have anything else to contribute. I don't own skis yet. But I was checking out the ski length compared to body sizes (I'm 5'4 1/2", 140 lbs.) and I just realized this. It's wonderful. And yes, I realize this isn't the body image thread, so I'll be quiet now.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You know what I love? A whole buncha women happily (or at least without lots of complaining and apologizing) recording their height and weight.

No, I don't have anything else to contribute. I don't own skis yet. But I was checking out the ski length compared to body sizes (I'm 5'4 1/2", 140 lbs.) and I just realized this. It's wonderful. And yes, I realize this isn't the body image thread, so I'll be quiet now.

No, it's true. And isn't it funny how on a women's forum, not every woman is <= 120lb ? (not that there's anything wrong with that, either!)

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
5'10" (178 cm), 165-170 lb (77kg)

Stockli Stormrider Motion 100: 174cm
Black Crows Captis: 178cm
ID One FRXP: 176cm
Head World Cup Rebels i.SL: 155cm (non-FIS slalom ski)

Favorite binding (while we're at it): Look Pivot 12 or 14. The only binding I'll put on a flat ski.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
5'8.5" 165-170ish (75-77kg)

Head iRally 170cm
Blizzard Brahma 173cm
Praxis Concept 178cm
Rossignol S7 188cm (mounted with touring bindings but not really used much now)

echo_VT

Angel Diva
5'4" 122 lbs (55.6 kg)

roxy skis (151) twin tip
backcountry skis (161) (uh i forget the name of them now...)

i probably could use a hard charging resort ski - taking all recommendations! :smile:

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am 6 ft 1 in (185 cm) tall. Weight fluctuates between 182-185 pounds in the last year. Advanced skier.
Current skis:
Kastle BMX105 HP 181 cm
Kicker POTUS 178 cm

Recently got Head Super Shape iMagnum in 170 cm (a.k.a. cheater slalom skis) for East Coast ice and race clinic.

I have to say I have hard time imagining skiing anything longer than 185 cm. I have demoed 185 cm Nordica Enforcer 93 this year and while they were fine on groomers they were not fun in bumps for me. I doubt I will ever go above 185 cm in my ski length because I like to turn and I like to ski bumps and trees. I can charge on the groomer's too, but it's not my favorite type of skiing. Soft snow, soft bumps and easier trees with soft snow are my favorite types of skiing. Sigh, I need to move out West.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am 6 ft 1 in (185 cm) tall. Weight fluctuates between 182-185 pounds in the last year. Advanced skier.
Current skis:
Kastle BMX105 HP 181 cm
Kicker POTUS 178 cm

Recently got Head Super Shape iMagnum in 170 cm (a.k.a. cheater slalom skis) for East Coast ice and race clinic.

I have to say I have hard time imagining skiing anything longer than 185 cm. I have demoed 185 cm Nordica Enforcer 93 this year and while they were fine on groomers they were not fun in bumps for me. I doubt I will ever go above 185 cm in my ski length because I like to turn and I like to ski bumps and trees. I can charge on the groomer's too, but it's not my favorite type of skiing. Soft snow, soft bumps and easier trees with soft snow are my favorite types of skiing. Sigh, I need to move out West.
@pinto has a hart time finding women's skis at the ski tests. I can't imagine that you'd find anything. I could see you getting a lot out of it, tho.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@pinto has a hart time finding women's skis at the ski tests. I can't imagine that you'd find anything. I could see you getting a lot out of it, tho.
You are right - if I demo, it's usually men's/unisex skis. Women's demo tents rarely have skis above 170 cm length. Some women's ski lines top out at 170-175 cm anyway - too short for me at this point. The day I demoed 93 mm Enforcers was Subaru Day/festival at Jack Frost and they had Nordica demo tent - men's and women's skis. I demoed 93 mm Santa Ana in 177 cm and they actually were not enough of a ski for me. I did demo some women's skis, but they usually were either too short or not enough of a ski. I demoed Santa Anas 2 different years 2016 (169 cm - too short) and 2017 (177 cm, not enough of a ski for me). I have a feeling that 177 cm Enforcer might have been just right for me. I liked 185 cm Enforcer a lot on groomers, but not in bumps.

I also demoed Black Pearls 3-4 seasons ago, they were fun but way too short in 169 cm. I also skied 170 cm Kenjas for about 3 seasons and I liked them a lot, they were a bit tiring though to be honest. I also skied Savory 7 in 177 cm for 1.5 seasons and those are waaay too soft for me, not enough of a ski for me. So yeah I gave women's skis an honest shot, but came to a conclusion that I am better served by men's unisex skis at this point. I guess Kenjas were the only skis that were enough of a ski for me.

Sometimes I get an impression that there is this perception that stiffer and longer skis are better at any stage of one's skiing and I don't think that's always true. When I just started skiing, my K2 Superfree in 166 cm were great beginner ski for me. I am not sure that Kenjas were a perfect 2nd ski for me TBH as I was rapidly advancing intermediate at that point. Maybe a touch softer ski would have been better for developing some of subtle skiing skills that are required to ski more challenging off-piste terrain. POTUS are softer then Kenjas and I love skiing them in almost everything, but powder.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga