• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Length of skis in your quiver

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
After posting in the So what's your quiver like NOW? thread, we listed our current skis.
I was on the chair lift with another Diva who asked me "What length are your skis?"

So, lets talk about the average length of skis in your quiver.

From my post
All of these skis have demo bindings and are available to try if you meet up with me and Phil
  • DPS Zelda 106 Alchemist - 168cm
  • JSkis Metal - 173cm
  • Nordica Santa Ana 100 (with metal) - 169cm
  • K2 Fulluvit 95 - 170cm
  • DPS Uschi 82 Foundation - 168cm
  • Blizzard Black Pearl 98 - 166cm
  • Renoun Z-90 Limited Edition - 165 cm
  • Völkl FLAIR 81 - 163 cm

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
5'1" (154 cm)
95 lbs

Volkl Yumi - 147
Kastle LX72 - 146

I included my height in cm (I'm actually a hair short of 5'1") for comparison to the ski length.

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
5'2.5" (159 cm)
135 lbs

Elan Free Spice - 168
Atomic Century - 156
Nordica Santa Ana - 161

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
5'5 (165cm), 190ish pounds

My skis are all between 165 and 169.

This thread is going to be a great reference!

Jilly

Staff member
5'5 and 155lb.

Attraxion 12's (dedicated carver) 154
Hero Elite ST Carbon 161
Temptation 88's 163
Soon - Atomic 95W 169

marzNC

Angel Diva
5'0" (152cm)
110 lbs

Stöckli Stormrider 85 - 159
Head Absolut Joy, 78 underfoot - 148
Blizzard Black Pearl, 88 underfoot - 159

Previous all-mountain skis I used in the southeast and in the Rockies were Rossignol Attraxion 8, 75 underfoot, 154cm.

When I rent powder skis, widths run 100-115mm with lengths usually 159-166cm. For a lesson off-piste at Alta, my go to rentals are DPS Nina 99 @ 158cm. The Alta instructor I work with the most prefers that I get skis in the 100mm range underfoot, even for powder > 6 inches.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
5'4"
110lbs

Volkl Sol 158cm (wish these were a just a touch shorter--but lengths offered were either 151 or 158)
Blizzard Black Pearl 159cm

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
5', 97 lbs - skis range from 146 (backcountry) to 156 (daily driver)

ETA - it's funny because I'm carrying more stuff (i.e., heavier) when I'm backcountry skiing, so I could go longer theoretically, but I'd rather be able to turn on a dime

:noidea:

Last edited:

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
5'4"
110lbs

Volkl Sol 158cm (wish these were a just a touch shorter--but lengths offered were either 151 or 158)
Blizzard Black Pearl 159cm

There is nothing more I hate than when really you're between sizes. I'd prefer my Yumis be 149-150, but the 154 was too long so 147 it was.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There is nothing more I hate than when really you're between sizes. I'd prefer my Yumis be 149-150, but the 154 was too long so 147 it was.

Yeah. My powder skis ended up a 165 - shorter than most of my skis - because the next step up was 175, and I haven't enjoyed skis that long. I haven't had a chance to test out the powder boards yet. The owner of the company (benefit of a small manufacturer) assured me that even at my weight, they'd have plenty of float.

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
5', 97 lbs - skis range from 146 (backcountry) to 156 (daily driver)

ETA - it's funny because I'm carrying more stuff (i.e., heavier) when I'm backcountry skiing, so I could go longer theoretically, but I'd rather be able to turn on a dime

:noidea:
My old backcountry skis (Atomic Century 156) were 12 cm shorter than my dailies (Elan Free Spice 168). Now those little short ones are my powder skis and I've gone to a 161 for the backcountry. The short ones skied fine and the shorter ones in the backcountry were nice. Less ski and skin to haul uphill on each foot!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
5'9"
174, 178, 180, 181, 181

That's weird to not have a 177 in the quiver, first time in forever. (I guess I still have those, just don't ski them as much)

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
5'7" (down from 5'9" years ago. gravity does suck!) and 142

I was advised to go shorter a few years ago in deference to my annoying knees. And I may have sacrificed some stability for ease and quickness on turns. That said both my skis right now are 153s. Nordica Belle to Belle and Nordica Wild Belle. I do still have an old pair of Dynastar 4200s in 161 downstairs someplace.

I skied last Friday on some Rossignol powder demo ski handed to me by the shop in anticipation of snow (that didn't come until 6 - 10 hours later). 161 length, 102 waist. They were beasts weight-wise, and hard to turn until someone told me how (on hardpack), but I didn't feel any issues with the length. More skis .......!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna