• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Know any ski pass deals? ('06-'07)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone know of any great deals for the coming season? Like fill up your tank, get a free lift ticket; two for ones; etc.? Post 'em here so we could all save a buck.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My sister in law lives in Summit County.
She emailed me with this deal, and is trying to encourage me to buy lift passes now so I will be stuck and not have to cancel our trip to visit her this winter.

www.passwagon.com

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a good one: At Bellayre in New York State, you can ski free on your birthday!

check this out:

Ski Free on Your Birthday!
If your birthday falls during the ski season
Nov* - April* , Ski Free on your birthday. If your
birthday is in the off season, follow the dates
below.
May - Your birthdate in Dec.
June - Your birthdate in Jan.
July - Your birthdate in Jan.
Aug.* - Your birthdate in Feb.
Sept.* - Your birthdate in Feb.
Oct. - Your birthdate in March
* Nov.- If your birthday is before we open for
the season, ski free in March on your birth
date. April - We have a tentative closing day of
April 24th. If your birthday is April 25 -30 ski
for free in Dec on your birthdate. If we close
before your birthday we will be happy to send
you a free ticket for 2006/07. Call for details.
If your birthday is Aug. 29-31 or Sept. 29-30
, ski free on Feb. 28th.
Please bring photo ID with your birthdate.

tcarey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
sunday river santas

Bethel Area Events (Sunday River)

Events Calendar

7th Annual Santa Sunday
12/03/2006
Come celebrate the arrival of winter and the upcoming holiday season while raising money for a good cause. Dress in full Santa costume and you can ski or ride for free. Pre-registration required, log onto sundayriver.com.

*edited on 10/5/06 to remove unrelated material.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a good deal that actually does some good:

Skiers who purchase wind energy to power their homes for one year will receive a free one-day lift ticket to any of Vail's five resorts (Vail, Breckenridge, Keystone, Beaver Creek, and Heavenly). Not bad!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone who goes to a showing of the Warren Miller movie, "Off the Grid," will receive all sorts of goodies. I think different locations offer different deals. For example, if you go see it in Lebanon, NH, you'll get free mid-week tickets to Killington, Ascutney, and Attitash.

Check the Warren Miller web site for details, though I don't think the offers for all the locations are listed yet:

https://www.skinet.com/skinet/warren_miller/article/0,26908,1226832,00.html

Lisamarie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SnowHot said:
My sister in law lives in Summit County.
She emailed me with this deal, and is trying to encourage me to buy lift passes now so I will be stuck and not have to cancel our trip to visit her this winter.

www.passwagon.com

Where does she live. That's my neck of the woods.

BTW, I work at Copper, and I can get up to 4 discount tickets a day. Depending on the day and the season, last year they ran anywhere from $25 to $60. Also, if you don't mind dormitories, I can get rooms at the Edge at Copper for about $35 a night.

Trek Chick: When are you coming?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a good offer that just came in the mail today, courtesty of Eastern Mountain Sports. I suspect it's just good for those of us who live in the east, however.

You can get a free lift ticket to either Stowe, Waterville Valley, Loon, or Cranmore if you buy 2 pieces of Sync outerwear at EMS.

chaletlaforet

Certified Ski Diva
One for anyone in Europe here - this is a really good deal if you are planning a trip to Chamonix....

Chamonix is restructuring its lift pass system this season, and will be offering 30% discount to anyone buying their lift pass before 15th November 2006!

There will be two main types of pass:

Mont Blanc Unlimited
This lift pass gives access to all the lifts of the valley:
- the Aiguille Du Midi (for the Vallee Blanche, or just for the views)
- Le Tour (also known as Balme)
- Les Grands Montets including for the first time unlimited access to the top lift
- Brevent
- Flegere
- Les Houches (very handy for days when the higher domains have bad weather)
- The learner slopes
- Courmayeur (in Italy, a short drive through the Mont Blanc tunnel)
It also includes the Montenvers cog railway which runs up to the Mer De Glace, and the Tramway du Mont Blanc.

A six day Mont Blanc Unlimited pass is 220 euros - with 30% discount this comes to a very good deal at 154 euros.

Chamonix Le Pass
This lift pass includes the lifts at:
- Le Tour (also known as Balme)
- Les Grands Montets including for the first time unlimited access to the top lift
- Brevent
- Flegere
- The learner slopes
- 50% discount on the Montenvers cog railway which runs up to the Mer De Glace

You get six days for the price of five. A six day Chamonix Le Pass is 182 euros - with 30% discount this comes to 128 euros - a really good deal. You can also upgrade it to the full Mont Blanc Unlimited pass at any point, by paying the difference.

They will both be available from three days , and you now have a day off included (for instance a three day pass can be used on three days out of four - they don’t have to be consecutive.

Passes for up to five days are completely transferable so very useful if you are a mixed ablity group.

They also do “packs” of days which can be used any time up to 31st December 07 - again, the five day packs are transferable.

They say that you will be able to buy them on line “soon” - I’ll update this information as I find out more.

More info:
https://pistehors.com/news/ski/comments/0607-chamonix-lift-pass-grands-montets

The Compagnie du Mont Blanc is apparently about to relaunch its site, and this info is only available in French! but you can always google translate it
https://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/fr/index.html

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
December 15: Attitash (NH) is free. No strings attached. Just go and ski!

HotChocolate

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm always on the lookout for specials and deals to keep my membership skiing as much as they can. I just sent out an email I copied and pasted some things below that someone here may have and interest in. All I ask is that you double check the website before adventuring out to anything.

ADIRONDACK PADDLE'N'POLE, 2123 Central Ave in Colonie. www.onewithwater.com
Nov 15 (Wed) is CLUB DAY - Club members get 20% off everything in stock (except canoes and kayaks) including xc skis, snowshoes, clothing and paddlesport accessories. Proof of membership to any club required.

ActiveRxEyewear, a Prescription Sports Eyewear Specialty shop. For all the skiers that need to wear glasses, I am offering all ski clubs 50% off Bolle Ski Goggles with the purchase of the Prescription insert and lenses. The goggles range between $20-$130 with the insert being $150.00 including lenses. Located at 881 New Loudon Road, Latham, NY. Sale ends 12/24/06

STRATTON MOUNTAIN, VT HURRY!!!! FREE LIFT TICKET GIVEAWAYS DAILY GO TO: https://www.stratton.com/snowday

BELLEAYRE MOUNTAIN: Aside from the ski free birthday deal here are some other discounted days.
SKIER APPRECIATION DAYS - $15 Lift Tickets
Friday, December 15, 2006
Friday, January 12, 2007
Friday, February 16, 2007
Friday, March 9, 2007
Friday, April 13, 2007
WINTER FESTIVAL WEEK - $10 Lift Tickets
Monday - Friday, January 22 - 26, 2007
DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING SPECIAL - $25 Lift Tickets
November 24, 2006
CHRISTMAS DAY SPECIAL - $25 Lift Tickets
December 25, 2006
SKI CLUB DISCOUNT - Bring an active ski club card and photo ID any day of the season and get $10 off a full day rack price. Your ski club must be recognized by Belleayre Mountain. For more details or to sign up, call the Group Sales Director at 845-254-5600, ext. 474.

BROMLEY MOUNTAIN, VT https://www.bromley.com
Vermont’s only Southern facing mountain. What does that mean? It means bring your shades!
MLK MONDAY MADNESS
Jan 15th : As if a $25 ticket wasn't good enough! Here's an MLK Day bonus for you: save your used MLK Day ticket and turn it in the next time you visit and get $10 off a weekend ticket.
MOM'S DAY OFF
Feb 2nd : Hey Mom! Show us a picture of your kid and ski or ride all day for a $15 donation to the VT-NH Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL
Feb 14th : Two hearts beating as one? Fabulous! Now the two of you can ski or ride as one too, all day for just $25 when you display your affection publicly – at the ticket window, mind you – with a big ol’ smooch on the lips!
FEBRUARY FESTIVAL
Feb 17th : A Presidents Weekend tradition continues with a day of music, games, prizes, giveaways and an appearance by Radio Disney and a night with a torchlight parade, live music, dancing, a desert tasting, and a silent auction and vacation raffle, all capped off by a magnificent fireworks display!
A FOOLISH SPECIAL!
Apr 1st : There’s nothing foolish about this deal…it’s a two-for-one Sunday!

OKEMO MOUNTAIN, Ludlow, VT https://www.okemo.com
Opening Day is scheduled for sometime in November.
Ladies Day!
Calling all OkeMommas! Tuesdays are now officially Ladies' Days at Okemo! All ladies can ski and ride all day on select Tuesdays for just $39. And the savings continues when you join a group lesson for just $25! So grab your girlfriends, sisters, mothers and grandmothers and enjoy a girls’ day on the slopes. Come on, you deserve it! Wait! If you’d like to take advantage of the lesson option for just $25, be sure to guarantee your space and call ahead for reservations: (802) 228-1600.
December 5, 12, 19, Jan 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, March 6, 13, 20, 27
Okemo Skier & Rider Appreciation Day
Skiers and riders of all ages can enjoy the entire day on the slopes at a special price of just $39!
December 7, 14, 21, March 22, 29, April 5 and 12 only $29.00,
Ski and Ride with Santa and Friends on December 25, 2006
Santa and his merry crew will be cruising the slopes filled with baskets of goodies. Find him and go home with a prize!
Valentine's Day Events on February 14, 2007
“Find the Liftie with a Heart” and a Heart Scavenger Hunt. Find the Lift Attendant that is wearing a heart and report their name to the Learning Center Desk for a special prize. Somewhere on Okemo Mountain are hidden 10 hearts. Find one and bring it back to the Learning Center Desk for a special prize bag filled with goodies! Valentine’s Day with confections provided by M&M Mars. Have a romantic dinner at the Coleman Brook Tavern.

MOUNT SNOW, West Dover, VT https://www.mountsnow.com
Youth Pay Their Age Day - 01/07/2007
All youth 18 and under pay their age for a lift ticket!
If you are 16 years old you pay 16 bucks for a lift ticket. It’s that easy!
Bring Your Parents to the Slopes Day - 01/28/2007
Kids, bring your parents to ski or ride with you and get a free ticket! One complimentary youth 18 and under per full price adult purchased.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
On December 22, Sugarbush is having its annual birthday bash, where you can ski all day for $5.50.

This was the price of the original ticket when the resort opened 12/25/58.

Wow.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
ArmyWife, make a note of this:

Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort and Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort are inviting all active duty military to grab their skis and snowboards and enjoy free skiing/riding at either resort every Sunday this winter (excluding Dec. 31, 2006 and Jan. 14 and Feb. 18, 2007).

To receive their free lift ticket, active military personnel simply need to present their CAC (Common Access Card) at Northstar Resort’s ticket windows or Sierra Resort’s season pass office. This offer will be limited to one per person, per day.

The savings are not limited to just active military personnel. Their friends and families can also reap the benefits of huge savings by purchasing discounted lift tickets at the Recreation/Outdoor Center of their local military base.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
This sounds pretty good, too:

The new Ski Tahoe North Interchangeable Ticket means that skiers can ski at seven California resorts all on one ticket.

The interchangeable ticket, with no black out dates and offered through the North Lake Tahoe Marketing Cooperative, allows guests to ski or snowboard at Alpine Meadows Ski Area, Diamond Peak Ski Resort, Homewood Mountain Resort, Mt. Rose/Ski Tahoe, Northstar-at-Tahoe, Squaw Valley USA and Sugar Bowl Ski Area. The flexibility of the ticket accommodates those looking for the best conditions and terrain on any given day. The ticket costs $58 per person, per day for two-or-more-day tickets. The tickets are valid all season long and are accepted as two-for-one at Homewood and Diamond Peak. FOMO: www.GoTahoeNorth.com

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Mt. Sunapee in New Hampshire has a "Cares and Shares" day on Sunday, 10 December -- bring in 5 non-perishable food items and a lift ticket is only $25. Not bad!

Jilly

Staff member
Mt Sutton in Quebec is running special weeks of discounted lift tickets. Some weeks are in honor of certain occupations and there is a women's week. Lifts will be $ 28.00 CDN/day. Check out www.mt-sutton.com/en for whats on which weeks.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
The American Lung Association sells a card for $49. that provides special pass deals to certain mountains in Vermont. So you're helping out a good cause AND saving money.

Go here for more information.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
In celebration of Jackson Hole's 40th anniversary, lift tickets will be $40 for opening week (December 2-8). Young adult tickets will be $30, and junior/seniors $20.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna