• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Is coronavirus changing your ski plans?

Jilly

Staff member
Next week is spring break in Ontario. The provincial government must think that everyone is going to be travelling. They decided to close all government funded schools for the 2 weeks after. Add in the government is fighting with the teachers unions for new contracts....interesting times.

I haven't seen anything from Tremblant, but the Catholic church has suspended mass for this weekend.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am so bummed to admit that yes, I am cancelling the plans for the booking at Brian Head with my granddaughter. Brian Head is in southern Utah and is a destination for families on that school holiday period. People come from California, Nevada, and Arizona . And of course, Utah. Despite that, it is never really crowded. However I have been advised by a few people who understand this virus situation from a medical perspective to cancel. I have looked forward to this trip for so long!!!!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I am most likely canceling Crested Butte.... Also not flying to Reno Saturday but may drive up Monday or Tuesday.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My division is letting everyone who "can" work at home to do so. I've out sick for a week and a half. Went back today, and brought my laptop home. I'll be working from home for a while.

I am still sick, from my Vail trip that ended on 2/29. I've never been sick for this long. I have a low fever and cough. I come around and feel better for a day or two, and then devolve. I'm worried.

I've been careful and mindful, but this is getting hard.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
This is interesting:

Whiteface will be operating with a 50% density reduction within our indoor facilities. Additionally, Cloudsplitter Gondola will be closed for the remainder of the season starting at 5pm Friday, March 13th. All lifts and the seating capacity on lifts will also be controlled.

I'm not sure what they mean by "50% density reduction within our indoor facilities," but the rest sounds good to me.

StayWarm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is interesting:

Whiteface will be operating with a 50% density reduction within our indoor facilities. Additionally, Cloudsplitter Gondola will be closed for the remainder of the season starting at 5pm Friday, March 13th. All lifts and the seating capacity on lifts will also be controlled.

I'm not sure what they mean by "50% density reduction within our indoor facilities," but the rest sounds good to me.

Powder Mountain sent out an email this evening saying that they would have hosts outside each indoor space to control the flow of people into buildings, so that guests can maintain sufficient distance indoors. I'm guessing that might be what Whiteface has in mind?

Mind you, this kind of crowd control is easier somewhere like PowMow, which only has two lodges, and caps daily ticket sales already.

newboots

Angel Diva
My division is letting everyone who "can" work at home to do so. I've out sick for a week and a half. Went back today, and brought my laptop home. I'll be working from home for a while.

I am still sick, from my Vail trip that ended on 2/29. I've never been sick for this long. I have a low fever and cough. I come around and feel better for a day or two, and then devolve. I'm worried.

Have you talked to your doctor? This worries me.

MissySki

Angel Diva
This is interesting:

Perhaps remove 50% of seating/tables and spreading everything out?

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

:frown: I'm sorry! Remind me, were you tested for the flu? It's probably time for a call or visit to the doctor again. That's definitely a long time to have a fever in particular.

Like2Ski

Angel Diva
Public schools in our area started announcing closures today, effective tomorrow. I’m hoping DHs company will jump on the remote work bandwagon, but they havent yet. Sort of crazy for one of us to be sequestered and the other not.

The public school where I teach is closing 3/16-20. The public library where I work PT is remaining open, but has canceled programs 3/14-22.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Denver Public Schools are shutting down for 3 weeks starting on Monday. I imagine more school districts will be following suit.

REI in Dillon has stopped renting out ski and board gear. Silverthorne Rec. Center is closed until further notice. An employee is being tested.

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
JeffCo schools also shutting down. I think they’re 2 of the largest 3 districts in the state? (I think the other one is DougCo.)

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Cornell University is moving all students out by March 28, with online courses for the remainder of the semester. Same at Yale and Rutgers.

I finished my role at my prior company last Friday. They sent everyone to work from home on Monday. My new employer is moving to work from home his week.

My family made the difficult decision to postpone my father’s memorial service that was scheduled for this weekend. We decided that we could not risk exposing elderly and immunocompromised family members (which includes me) with so many people traveling to attend.

My anxiety level hasn’t been this high since September 12, 2001.
:hug:

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Hmm, I'm wondering what will happen with this Red Mountain trip. I'm going with the Pentagon Ski Club and the vast majority of the members are over 60. In the meantime, our Steering Committee just cancelled our Spring Meeting.
I won a trip to Whitefish, MT 01/19 and greatly enjoyed time there with the Pentagon Ski Club! I would definitely consider traveling with them in the future! EEK!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna