• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Is coronavirus changing your ski plans?

Bluestsky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So far no new cases in Summit. I'm planning on skiing at Copper tomorrow and Friday. Also, next week. After that who knows?

My hands are getting raw from frequent and thorough washing, but I saw folks at Winter Park lodge today at restrooms and dining areas at their usual unconcerned behavior, so just be careful!

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Too bad. Sometimes the stars just don't align. Where did you decide to go?
i would have gone to steamboat. Instead I’ll probably just stay home this weekend. We have gone skiing every weekend since Xmas and my house needs some TLC anyway. I also need to set the house up properly as it’s highly likely the schools here are moving to a remote/ home school format very soon.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Interesting information about the effectiveness of various products against coronavirus -- https://www.consumerreports.org/cle...-products-that-can-destroy-novel-coronavirus/

Excerpts from the article:
  • Clean high-traffic areas that get touched frequently, such as kitchen counters and bathroom faucets, three times a day with a product that kills viruses.
  • The good news is that coronaviruses are some of the easiest types of viruses to kill with the appropriate product, according to the Environmental Protection Agency. “It has an envelope around it that allows it to merge with other cells to infect them,” explains Thomas. “If you disrupt that coating, the virus can’t do its job.”
  • Just the friction from scrubbing with soap and water can break the coronavirus’s protective envelope.

mustski

Angel Diva
We looked into changing our flight last night but we couldn’t get through on the phone. Lufthansa was just saying they were overwhelmed and hanging up on callers. We’ll travel home Sunday as planned. We will have to go through screening at the airport which will slow everything down a bit. Oh well. C’est la vie; today we ski!

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There's no known cases in Montana yet, but I'm going to start emptying my locker. It's been a rough season for me anyway. I supposedly have a regular visitor arriving on Sunday, though, who I love skiing with, so I don't feel it's right to call the season over. But WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH HIM???? I'm going to put him on the leeward side of the lift every time we load. Lol!! Don't want any germ imports.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There's no known cases in Montana yet, but I'm going to start emptying my locker. It's been a rough season for me anyway. I supposedly have a regular visitor arriving on Sunday, though, who I love skiing with, so I don't feel it's right to call the season over. But WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH HIM???? I'm going to put him on the leeward side of the lift every time we load. Lol!! Don't want any germ imports.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I thought I heard on Rachael Maddow "US citizens who have been tested". Seems like no one knows for sure at this point.

UGH!! I have a friend from home who is due to fly out after her Euro ski vacation tomorrow. Right now she is on schedule. HOPE nothing changes.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Horrifying.. Can you imagine, picking and choosing who to treat?

My thinking about the coronavirus has shifted significantly since the weekend and a huge part of that shift is due to my worry and concern about my husband and responsibilities he may have in the coming weeks. I woke up this morning to the sound of a work call in which he asked his resident to talk to a patient’s family about possibly withdrawing life sustaining measures. But to have to do that on the basis of scarce resources seems to be a whole other level, to me. He assures me that he has to make hard decisions every day, but it’s still a terrible thing to have to do in a crisis situation.

I am so grateful to be a mere paper pusher right now.

MissySki

Angel Diva
My thinking about the coronavirus has shifted significantly since the weekend and a huge part of that shift is due to my worry and concern about my husband and responsibilities he may have in the coming weeks. I woke up this morning to the sound of a work call in which he asked his resident to talk to a patient’s family about possibly withdrawing life sustaining measures. But to have to do that on the basis of scarce resources seems to be a whole other level, to me. He assures me that he has to make hard decisions every day, but it’s still a terrible thing to have to do in a crisis situation.

I am so grateful to be a mere paper pusher right now.

I agree.. I can’t imagine the weight of those decisions if they become based on resources and not the person’s ability to recover.

It’s driving me nuts to still see so many people not taking this seriously. I’m glad I’m working from home right now because it’s making me a bit anxious to be out in public spaces and feeling I need to be so hyper vigilant . Even when you know not to touch your face, it’s really hard to actually do that and it’s hard not to touch things around you because it’s really automatic to do so. We had to bring the cat to the vet yesterday, and I was like eek I want to go back home! Lol

MissySki

Angel Diva
I don't understand this. US citizens can't transmit the virus from overseas? Are they going to be quarantined for 14 days upon arrival? Screened for the virus?

One would hope there would at least be screening! I think a quarantine makes more sense though, otherwise what is the point??

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I agree.. I can’t imagine the weight of those decisions if they become based on resources and not the person’s ability to recover.

It’s driving me nuts to still see so many people not taking this seriously. I’m glad I’m working from home right now because it’s making me a bit anxious to be out in public spaces and feeling I need to be so hyper vigilant . Even when you know not to touch your face, it’s really hard to actually do that and it’s hard not to touch things around you because it’s really automatic to do so. We had to bring the cat to the vet yesterday, and I was like eek I want to go back home! Lol

I am having severe allergies right now that’s making me sneeze, cough and itch on my face. It is almost impossible to not touch my face! Urgh! I was at the hospital yesterday for an appointment and I did not touch a thing - no door handles, brought my own pen, and did not even sit on a single chair. And I am trying not to cough in public either since alot of people still think this is a chinese virus and I don’t want to be targeted...so I am just staying home as much as I can.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna