• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Is coronavirus changing your ski plans?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Interesting. A second connection to Australia. The 73yo Australia doctor who decided to test himself after getting over minor symptoms skied at Vail in late February.

". . .
The number of coronavirus cases in Colorado reached 33 on Tuesday, including nine patients who were newly diagnosed in Aspen. That group was linked to a 21-year-old Australian tourist who left the glitzy resort town last week and tested positive for the virus when she returned home.
. . ."

There was a group of high school students from an Eagle County who returned mid-Feb from Italy. A few have tested positive. Vail is in Eagle County.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm starting to think this trip to BC will have to be cancelled (there seems to be a spike happening). I will wait until the last minute to see if the club will do it, but I don't think I'll be going at this point. As much as I'd love to get stuck in Canada, it would have to be under other circumstances. I expect that travel bans will only be expanding . . .

Last edited:

Bluestsky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Was skiing Winter Park today. More people than usual, lots of small kids.
Wanted to thank all for a great job providing current info from your areas.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
However, he explained, if the outbreak worsens he will not hesitate to ban large public gatherings altogether. The first places to be affected by such an executive action would likely be in the mountains.

Do you think the governor will close the ski areas?
Aspen and Gunnison cases. I'm supposed to go to Gunnison on the 24th. Cancelling my flight to Reno for Saturday and will drive up with my BF on Monday...

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I .... whew. That would be extreme. Maybe.
160 people were tested in Denver today. Governor said they'd learn more as the results come in.

I refilled my asthma prescription a couple of weeks ago. Usually I need to see the PA in March to do my refills. Nurse refilled my prescription for 6 mos. and told me to come in to see them in early summer. Thought that was odd but now I'm beginning to understand the reasoning behind it.

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There are cases in both Aspen and Gunnison. Sounds like there is community transmission in Aspen - it’s one of the “hot spots.” Not sure about Gunnison.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So far no new cases in Summit. I'm planning on skiing at Copper tomorrow and Friday. Also, next week. After that who knows?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna