• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Inspiration for skiers over 50, or 60, or 70+

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
SO many on this forum!!! But you must talk to @Ursula Howland - Amazing World Cup German team freestyle competitor and teacher of skiing - for 43 years now, 27 of them in Big Sky Montana (and counting). Ursula is part of that generation of women skiers who made it as a professional in the macho man's ski world through sheer talent, athleticism and stubborn perseverance, and who helped to pave the way for the rest of us.
Would LOVE to do a clinic with @Ursula

marzNC

Angel Diva
I am working on a story about women skiers over 50 who are still going strong and skiing beautifully. I would appreciate your suggestions about women (anywhere in the world) to feature!
Hope you'll keep us informed of who you find!

Really can't think of a name to add beyond those in this thread or the older thread linked in Post #1.

An easy way to way to find women over 70 who love to ski powder is to hang around Alta midweek once the season gets going. The Wild Old Bunch includes quite a few women. Can find them taking a break around 11am at Alf's. Some are wives who only ski when the snow is good. A few years ago I overheard a group of three women lamenting that it was a "groomer day" during late season because it wasn't warming up enough to soften things off-piste. My guess is that the average age for that group was probably about 75.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm doing an Online PSIA clinic on aging.. depressing.. Keep moving, keep skiing as the reality of it all. Get all the discounts you can!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I’m trying to decide on color. I know I want the long sleeve tee.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Not Redl; The "On Wine Alone" doesn't show up as well....

And, although I have really great lined flannel shirt in purple, every other purple T or golf shirt in purple has NOT held its color!

Gray or one of the pinks?

Jilly

Staff member
Usually these companies will print something on anything....get what you want!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna