• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
So did you get the pinkish/lavender and blue Roxy jacket? And what about pants/bibs?

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
So did you get the pinkish/lavender and blue Roxy jacket? And what about pants/bibs?
I did get the pink and blue jacket! It’s set on a black background so I’m sticking to black pants for now. But I might keep an eye out for mint pants… would coordinate with a number of my jackets.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I did get the pink and blue jacket! It’s set on a black background so I’m sticking to black pants for now. But I might keep an eye out for mint pants… would coordinate with a number of my jackets.
or grey pants...... just sayin

brooksnow

Angel Diva
I love this thread, even though I am incredibly far from a jacket slut.

I own a basic Eddie Bauer insulated coat, a really cheap no name raincoat that's nearly waterproof for wet days and a fleece vest works for warm days. The zipper on the coat is getting finicky. Replace the zipper or ask for suggestions when the inevitable happens? I know what divas here would say!

newboots

Angel Diva

I own a basic Eddie Bauer insulated coat, a really cheap no name raincoat that's nearly waterproof for wet days and a fleece vest works for warm days. The zipper on the coat is getting finicky. Replace the zipper or ask for suggestions when the inevitable happens? I know what divas here would say!
Well, we do know what they would say!

I am not precisely a slut of either persuasion, but I will say that a ski jacket with a couple of ski features (RFID pocket on the sleeve, goggle wipe attached inside another pocket, cell phone pocket someplace it will be kept warm) can make life much easier.

(I have a Land's End jacket for wearing around in the winter, and another from them that's a down coat - 3/4 length. Both bought during their massive discount sales pre-Christmas. I'm cheap. I got my ski jacket (a North Face Steep Series in deep purple) at Marshall's. That was a score. Virtually all my baselayers come from Sierra.com, with an occasional purchase at a sale at a store. Yes, cheap.)

Iwannaski

Angel Diva

I used to be more like you, but then I moved to this wintry climate, and realized that having a few different jackets and coats to tide me through the winter gave me something to enjoy on the bleakest of February days. And the more color the better.

:smile:
Also, for fixing, as more and more fashion has gotten disposable, there are fewer people who can do a zipper fix - or at least do it affordably relative to the price of a new jacket. I think the less expensive fix is to just get a new one.

brooksnow

Angel Diva
(RFID pocket on the sleeve
This is in general a very nice feature, but as a ski instructor I am switching back and forth from my own coats to one of my uniform coats sometimes multiple times a day. When I tried using the sleeve pockets for my pass I forgot to switch it more often than not. My pass lives in my pants pocket because I don't have to change those to free ski.
Also, for fixing, as more and more fashion has gotten disposable, there are fewer people who can do a zipper fix - or at least do it affordably relative to the price of a new jacket. I think the less expensive fix is to just get a new one.
The problem here is that I am capable if replacing the zipper myself although it would take me a lot longer than a pro. The challenge would be sourcing a good zipper. The zippers at the fabric stores near me are cheap junk.

I will plan to stalk Sierra etc. in person and online sales over the summer and resort to replacing the zipper only if I don't find anything I like better.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, we do know what they would say!

I am not precisely a slut of either persuasion, but I will say that a ski jacket with a couple of ski features (RFID pocket on the sleeve, goggle wipe attached inside another pocket, cell phone pocket someplace it will be kept warm) can make life much easier.

(I have a Land's End jacket for wearing around in the winter, and another from them that's a down coat - 3/4 length. Both bought during their massive discount sales pre-Christmas. I'm cheap. I got my ski jacket (a North Face Steep Series in deep purple) at Marshall's. That was a score. Virtually all my baselayers come from Sierra.com, with an occasional purchase at a sale at a store. Yes, cheap.)

“Cheap“ has such negative implications. The word you seek is “thrifty“! :wink:

lisamamot

Angel Diva
bought a Trew Stella too! Lots of room for layering and I can both turn my head AND see with the hood up, which should make stormy days a lot more pleasant.
Oooh, good feedback! Did you order your regular size? Based on their size chart I am squarely a M, but I do have very long arms.

Scribble

Angel Diva
Oooh, good feedback! Did you order your regular size? Based on their size chart I am squarely a M, but I do have very long arms.
I sized up to an L from my usual M, I wanted a less snug fit at the hips. Its a little boxy but the freedom of movement while skiing is awesome. Definitely more of a freestyle fit. Most coats that fit my chest and waist in a flattering way are too short and tight across the shoulders. The arm length is just right on this one.

If I had to complain about it in any way, its that I wish that the inner mesh pockets were sewn just a bit higher up. When I load up like a pack mule they overlap the front pockets and feel bulgy.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I sized up to an L from my usual M, I wanted a less snug fit at the hips. Its a little boxy but the freedom of movement while skiing is awesome. Definitely more of a freestyle fit. Most coats that fit my chest and waist in a flattering way are too short and tight across the shoulders. The arm length is just right on this one.

If I had to complain about it in any way, its that I wish that the inner mesh pockets were sewn just a bit higher up. When I load up like a pack mule they overlap the front pockets and feel bulgy.
I am 5’9” so too short would be an issue. Gah. Sizing up rarely goes well either, lol.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SO CUTE… also, I feel like that jacket would look so good with pink unicorn skis. It would basically be rude NOT to pair those items.
It would also work with any of the iterations of the Santa Ana with hot pink...(2018-2021ish). Of course, the jacket that was actually purchased would work with the newest 2022/23 versions....
Yes!! The question is, what pants do I wear with them?
Apricot/peach. Like the sphynx bib. Or teal-aqua for contrast.

Attachments

• SphynxBib_Peach_2618_1200x.jpg
    SphynxBib_Peach_2618_1200x.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Their “don’t forget to use your coupons” marketing totally got me. I ended up with a pair of clogs from the outlet and another of my favorite base layer. LOL. I did stalk the jackets, but nothing jumped at me. I have a color palette for my ski gear, and nothing fit it.

:rotf:

arbusch

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
With two of my hardshells dying and sent in to get fixed or maybe store credit by respective companies (they are in review) , I was out ski jackets the last couple of weeks of the season. So I purchased a flylow Lucy in teal and Mia jacket in burnt orange which also meant I needed pants to match and went with the flylow siren bids in purple. Then while in McCall my husband pointed out in a second hand gear shop a barely used lightweight Salomon jacket in bright yellow with purple touches which I bought. So I will either have 4 jackets or back to two. One for resort days and the other for backcountry days. One being repaired or in review I love and they no longer make that style. It worked great for the backcountry and the resort. Just fit perfectly. So sad when they stopped making a jacket you loved.

Christy

Angel Diva
With two of my hardshells dying and sent in to get fixed or maybe store credit by respective companies (they are in review) , I was out ski jackets the last couple of weeks of the season. So I purchased a flylow Lucy in teal and Mia jacket in burnt orange which also meant I needed pants to match and went with the flylow siren bids in purple. Then while in McCall my husband pointed out in a second hand gear shop a barely used lightweight Salomon jacket in bright yellow with purple touches which I bought. So I will either have 4 jackets or back to two. One for resort days and the other for backcountry days. One being repaired or in review I love and they no longer make that style. It worked great for the backcountry and the resort. Just fit perfectly. So sad when they stopped making a jacket you loved.
The one they call aqua? I LOVE that color. https://flylowgear.com/products/lucy-jacket?variant=40363230822593

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Their “don’t forget to use your coupons” marketing totally got me. I ended up with a pair of clogs from the outlet and another of my favorite base layer. LOL. I did stalk the jackets, but nothing jumped at me. I have a color palette for my ski gear, and nothing fit it.

:rotf:
Yup. I refused to even look at ski items this time because I was afraid jackets/pants would draw me in.

I am finally getting my kayak this spring, so I zeroed in on the kayak accessories section (hard goods, not soft goods). I did some gift shopping there in 2021 so had a healthier dividend than usual, plus the 20% off coupon.

REI is a dangerous place for me overall....hiking, skiing, and now kayaking.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna