• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

ESGCO

Certified Ski Diva
After a couple glasses of rose last night I got itchy to use my 20% REI and REI outlet coupons so got the Patagonia Upstride. Not for skiing, just for whatever. It looks super cute, I'm excited to see it.
@Christy Will you please let us know what you think of the jacket when you receive it? I tried the pants and did not like them- found the fit funny and also wasn't crazy about the fabric. Would be interested to get another opinion on the fabric and also hear what the jacket is like!

Christy

Angel Diva
Yep, the aqua one. It is really pretty in person.

Have you worn it resort skiing?

I decided that I needed this, but then saw a review where the person said they were very cold in it even with a puffy underneath, and Flylow responded that yes it is meant for touring and keeping you cool. Was that your experience? I only resort ski and need to be warm. But I also need that color.

arbusch

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have you worn it resort skiing?

I decided that I needed this, but then saw a review where the person said they were very cold in it even with a puffy underneath, and Flylow responded that yes it is meant for touring and keeping you cool. Was that your experience? I only resort ski and need to be warm. But I also need that color.
I wore it this past weekend at the resort. It does breathe really well. Yet it wasn't very cold with the spring-like conditions. The morning was just above freezing temps I had a t-shirt, fleece, and puffy vest on under the jacket and was quite comfortable all morning on the chair and on the down. Then by the afternoon in the 40s, I had taken off the puffy vest and opened up the pit zips, and was super comfortable. I run very cold and usually have more clothes on than everyone else. I do think it runs big or a more freestyle fit so a bit baggy on me but doesn't look bad. I do like how it covers my bum and is super soft. I got a small size because that is what fits me in most companies and from the reviews, it sounded like it was a true fit. I don't think they had x-small in that color. An x-small I think would have fit better but I didn't have the option to return it through the online store I bought it so I am going to make the small work. The color is super pretty and bright. It might pick up dirt easily on the sleeves and other contact points due to the light color. I got it so I can use it at the resort and in the backcountry.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I said I was done buying hard goods in another thread and it’s true, but… I keep looking at pictures of myself in my shell and they are NOT flattering. I think the Flylow Billie coat is cut for someone less chubby, boobie and hippy than I am, and the model year I bought runs small.

Any thoughts on ski shells that won’t look too boxy on someone with, ahem, well developed glutes?

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I have a patagonia jacket and I think it fits well/fairly flattering. I have Flylow bibs I haven’t worn because I fit in them, and I LOVE the color but I think it would be good if I lost a little bit of poundage first… but I think what makes bibs and jackets flattering are exact opposites, right?

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As posted previously I have a slight addiction to the prior generation Arc'Terry Atom LT Hoody (up to 2019 manufacture date). I just found NOS at Bob's Sport Chalet.... they have a few left in a dark purple and light blue....... I added the Dimma to my collection

That shop is around the corner from me! Really nice people!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Me Tuesday: Let's save some money and be more mindful of our spending bc the economy isn't looking so good.

Me Today: Oh I guess I need this jacket from the Burton sale

upshift jacket.jpg

I might, might want a new bib but after that, I swear to goodness, as soon as I put bindings on my touring skis and buy skins, that's the last of it for 2022-2023. :/

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Me Tuesday: Let's save some money and be more mindful of our spending bc the economy isn't looking so good.

View attachment 18843

I might, might want a new bib but after that, I swear to goodness, as soon as I put bindings on my touring skis and buy skins, that's the last of it for 2022-2023. :/
Oooh I have that jacket in black and just love it !!! x

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Not just ‘22, but 2022-2023? I’m not sure if I should wish you luck or just laugh;)
Ahhhh dang it you are spot on... nah just the next ski season. I'm sure I'll pick up more in anticipation of 2023-2024!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Well gals I took the plunge an bought a Burton one piece .... what was I thinking ??? I'm actually trying to re sell as I type :laughter: View attachment 18844
that actually looks really comfy IMO. Like wearing an upright sleeping bag. If I had the body type for it I would certainly be interested!

Reactions: AJM

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
that actually looks really comfy IMO. Like wearing an upright sleeping bag. If I had the body type for it I would certainly be interested!
Ive just tried it on AGAIN ..... Im warming to it, its not as bulky as in the pic as its only lightly insulated and I wont wear it with the belt cinched as she has so it will look a bit more streamlined and less overstuffed sausage :laughter: . I'll have to reduce the items I wear around my neck aka layers I would wear underneath that all seem to have hoods as it all feels a little tight around my neck ...... watch this space x

Skidreamer

Certified Ski Diva

View attachment 18843

I generally don't like orange but I do really like this jacket!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva

View attachment 18843

My new shell came! I like it better than the Flylow Billie coat, which I think looks super boxy on me. Seeing myself in pictures wearing the coat triggered the desire to buy a new one.

This one may or may not be an improvement on the Billie coat in terms of boxiness, but it looks to have some differences in quality and features that make it a nicer jacket… actual lining for one, and the fabric is Gore-Tex. It also comes with a thermal phone pocket, which is handy for me. Burton’s [ak] line is their fanciest line so I would expect the quality to be good. I also think the breathability will be better but tbd on that.

Price on sale was pricier than what I paid for the Billie coat (which itself was on sale)…. I think $280 for this guy versus $200 for the Billie. Well, now I have some options for my shell.

chasinghorizons

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have never cared much about matching clothes... I have always preferred to spend money on more skis rather than more clothes. That being said, I am now seriously perturbed that this awesome combo is going to be ruined? by my lime green jacket.
It is an excellent hardshell jacket. Top of the line and expensive, super comfy, I love it. But it is lime green. Somehow, almost all of my skis are purple and/or pink. This is driving me crazy. Do I need a new jacket? Aargh. :help:

Attachments

• Faction 1.png
    Faction 1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • Faction 2.jpg
    Faction 2.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member