• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I have a lonely ski...

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This Trip Report is amazing, but kinda like a lot of foreplay with no climax.
I was thinking there would be this amazing reunion of SkiNurse and her Luv:love:

I'll get my popcorn ready for the continuing saga!
:ROTF::ROTF: No kidding...welcome to my life!

Christy, great pics! Have you thought about mountain biking back to it? Would that get you there faster so you'd have more search time? Then you could probably get it attached to your pack in a way to make it out again. Just a thought.

I have a friend that suggested also riding our bikes...but I'm not such a great biker. There is a mountainbike trail called, I think "Klosser Climb" or something. It would be the mountain bike trail for the ridge and Vial advertises that it is 1K verticle and 2.4 miles...or something like that...crazy.

But, Sleepytime road and other roads int he area are technically not owned by Vail, but the Forest Service. so, I would really like to figure out how to access those roads and drive back as far as I can!

Did I mention how lazy I truly can be???:ROTF::eyebrows:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmmm, that would be interesting. I know I was able to drive the Forest Service roads near Winter Park a couple of weeks ago although I accessed outside of the resort, just ended right in the main village. :eek:

I'd really like to mountain bike one of the resorts this summer, maybe in August after my duathlon. If you haven't found the ski by then I'll get more info on it's location from you before I go. But, you should be able to bike the forest service roads as well which would be far less technical. Even if you road them down to the base of Lover's Leap and then hiked from there to do the search and recovery? I don't know, just thinking out loud here.

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Me too, I'm loving the story development.

Your tenacity and determination are a lesson to us all. Especially as you prove to be "human" by planning to minimise physical exertion on this challenge. :laugh:

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
question: If you only have 1/2 of a pair of K2's, is that a K1 ? :laugh:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Multiple answers to this! I was thinking of the most common thing but turns out, per google, that it refers to many. Let's see if someone hits what I was thinking.

The Himalayan peak of fame is referred to as K2, BTW. Hmmm...

Jilly

Staff member
K1 - racing Kayak one paddler.
K2 - racing Kayak two paddlers
C1 - racing canoe one paddler
And so it goes.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Hint: it's the designation given to something that is sold by the gallon (in the US, of course, liter elsewhere)

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Hint 2: much is seen at airports

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
scotch? kamikazes ?
:ROTF::ROTF:

Hint #3: It is transported in tanker trucks, with the designation "This vehicle stops at all railroad crossings"

Come on, you guys. I'm getting really impatient now!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna