• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I have a lonely ski...

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Went to Vail today (yes, what usually is an 90 minutes trip on clear roads took 3 hours).

Incredible skiing. 26 inches in the last 48 hours. There was untracked to be found all over the mountain, The back bowls were pristine...Thigh deep and untracked. The trees were amazing. Faceshots continually. Skigasms every where!!!!:yahoo:

And then we went to Blue Sky Basin...which, BTW, is one of my most favorite areas.

I was with 3 friends that are boarders. We decided to go into the Lover's Leap/Iron Mask Area. The 3 boarders went down more to Iron Mask while I decided to drop into Lover's Leap. Fabulous turns about half way down when my L ski tip went into the powder and I ejected. Slid down for a while. Said a few expletives. Took off my R ski and started looking for my other ski.

I searched for about 10 minutes when my boarder friends came over to help me search.

FORTY FIVE MINUTES LATER and my ski was no where to be found:( .

No where.:noidea:

Since they actually didn't see where I ejected, we really had no idea where the ski might be. The snow was deep enough that we couldn't even really track where I had slid, cuz it just looked like more tracks.

So, I had to ski out of Lover's Leap on one ski. Not pretty. Basically it was doing a big traverse on my right leg.

Why didn't I take off the one ski?? The snow was so deep, that at least with one ski I could float a little. Let me tell you, bowls, trees & moguls are no fun on one ski.

Finally made it to Pet's Express where patrol called me a taxi!

I had never been on a snowmobile before...so that was fun! And the patrollers were cute!:wink:

Lesson learned: Need to buy some powder leashes!!!!

Anyone know where I can get ONE Lotta Luv 153????:cool:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that you've lost your ski but I'm glad you're okay.

SkiNurse!
I will go with my metal detector with you this late spring and WE WILL FIND IT!!!!!! :yahoo:

I'm so sorry....but WOW! You are my hero! A one ski diva! Fabulous!

:cheer:

Chin up! We will find you a 153! :D

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Two more positives:

Cutie patroller has my name & number in CASE he finds my ski!:becky:

I still have my trustworthy Burnin' Luvs to finish off the season!:love:

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SkiNurse!
I will go with my metal detector with you this late spring and WE WILL FIND IT!!!!!! :yahoo:

Chin up! We will find you a 153! :D

Yes!! We could make it a Diva field trip!!:yahoo:

And, if I don't find a singel 153, then it will be donated to the adinorack (sp) ski chair that someday will be made!

Two more positives:

Cutie patroller has my name & number in CASE he finds my ski!:becky:

I still have my trustworthy Burnin' Luvs to finish off the season!:love:

1) You gotta LOVE a cute patroller who is looking for your little glass slipper....errrrrr.....ski! :becky:

2) YEAH FOR THE K2 LINE!!!! Saves the day! (you were just telling me that you were kindof missing your Burnin's! I think maybe somebody heard you....and took your little ski!!) :love:

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's just a Lotta, no big deal. :wink:

No, really....that sucks. I hope somebody finds it and returns it to you. Yay for you getting back on 1 ski.....that's awsome!!!!

And, if I don't find a singel 153, then it will be donated to the adinorack (sp) ski chair that someday will be made!

Love it!
Mr. NVG says that there is NO WAY I would have left that mountain without the ski! To know me is to know this....you see.... I think my skis have feelings and I wouldn't have wanted it to be up there on the hill alone....at night....without it's friend.....OMG! I'm gonna cry! :Cry:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
SkiNurse, I knew someone who lost an Atomic and wrote to the company about it. They actually sent him one they had lying around! Maybe you'd be as lucky with K2? Might be worth a shot!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Oh no! That's a first on the forum (I think...). SO sorry to hear this!! Skiing on one ski, wow. Actually, you've got a really good chance of finding it if you actively pursue it.

Here's a good story: when DH was still teaching at Sugarloaf, a kid in his class lost a ski. 3 of us dug for that ski for 2 hours after the loss. Finally gave up. I think it was in early Feb. We eventually DID find the ski----in JULY. It was amazing. A little rust on the edges but nothing that couldn't be fixed.

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SkiNurse, I knew someone who lost an Atomic and wrote to the company about it. They actually sent him one they had lying around! Maybe you'd be as lucky with K2? Might be worth a shot!

Good idea!!

snowsparkle2

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Poor you SkiNurse - what a bummer :( - Losing a ski is one of my nightmares, as I'm always falling over in the deep stuff. Got some powder traces last year and they do seem to help.

To keep you company, a friend of mine managed to lose one of her husband's skis last week - and this was on a practically flat piste, with smooth groomed snow, outside a mountain restaurant. They'd been having lunch & had split their skis up for safety. So after lunch she gets her two skis, one of his, one of hers and puts em down flat on the snow. Little does she know that his telemark skis don't have any brakes on them. She looks up to see where he and the kids are, and when she looks back down, his ski is gone ! They looked and looked everywhere, but no ski to be seen. At least he was able to download in a bubble from where they were - no need to ski for miles on one ski ! But I think he was a little bit ..:mad: all the same.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All I could picture was that scene at the end of Better Off Dead when the binding breaks on one of Lane's skis and he has to do the ski off on one ski. :D

I'm so sorry you lost it! Hopefully, you'll get a call from cutie patroller! :wink:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SnowHots translation of this thread:

Deep Deep Powder, whooo hoooooo! :yahoo:
Lost a Lotta Luv, so a search transpired :faint:

Perfected a new "One Ski" technique and an appreciation for adaptive sports. :smile:
(And could donate the other to an adaptive program)

Totally Hot Ski Patroller :love:

Got a reason to go ski shopping get those Auras or Head Fat Thangs for those deep deep powder days
:yahoo: :ski2::yahoo::ski2::yahoo::ski2::yahoo:

Hey, I'm always looking for a reason to buy skis!

Pssst, I think there are some awesome deals on those Head Fat Thangs in Gear Swap :eyebrows:

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
The same thing happened to me in Colorado, years ago (I was a very inexperienced powder skier so it didn't take much for me to lose a ski). Dug around everywhere but couldn't find it. It went in tip first like a missle....left no trace of its path. Fortunately I left a huge body-sized divot from my faceplant and a friend went back up a few hours later and dug around more, and found it.

Your is still up there, somewhere. If no one finds it soon, I do think a Diva field trip is a great idea later in the spring....could be pretty funny if you document with photos! In any case, write to K2 and see what they say! Maybe you'll eventually end up with 3 skis!

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
SnowHots translation of this thread:

Deep Deep Powder, whooo hoooooo! :yahoo:
Lost a Lotta Luv, so a search transpired :faint:

Perfected a new "One Ski" technique and an appreciation for adaptive sports. :smile:
(And could donate the other to an adaptive program)

Totally Hot Ski Patroller :love:

Got a reason to go ski shopping get those Auras or Head Fat Thangs for those deep deep powder days
:yahoo: :ski2::yahoo::ski2::yahoo::ski2::yahoo:

Hey, I'm always looking for a reason to buy skis!

Pssst, I think there are some awesome deals on those Head Fat Thangs in Gear Swap :eyebrows:

SnowHot, I LOVE the way you think! Donate the lonely ski for a good cause and then go ski shopping for a new pair!!!!!:becky:

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bummer, there is hope though...Kind of a funny story:

A girl in my daughters ski group lost her ski one Saturday, the whole group looked and looked, but couldn't find it. Sooo a few weeks later a guy loses his ski at nearly the same location. So him and his friends are looking and looking. They finally find something under the snow, they are pretty psyched, they dig and dig, and lo and behold uncover....a childs ski. OMG, can you imagine what they must have all thought when they pulled that out? WTH? It shrunk? Too funny, but they had posted signs around the area and the guys were at least able to return the ski, so signage, get it up!

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
High on a hill was a lonely Lotta Luv
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo
Sad was the voice of the lonely Lotta Luv
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo

Anyone? Anyone? Just me? Okay - back to my cube. :becky:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
High on a hill was a lonely Lotta Luv
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo
Sad was the voice of the lonely Lotta Luv
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo

Anyone? Anyone? Just me? Okay - back to my cube. :becky:
I totally got that in my head!!

dvmvail

Certified Ski Diva
All I could picture was that scene at the end of Better Off Dead when the binding breaks on one of Lane's skis and he has to do the ski off on one ski. :D

I'm so sorry you lost it! Hopefully, you'll get a call from cutie patroller! :wink:

fr-an-ch fries, fr-an-ch dressing and fr-an-ch toast
I want my five dollars!!
OMG, that movie was hilarious. I haven't seen it forever, thanks for the laugh.

SkiNurse, keep us posted on your ski search. I like NVG's idea to hit the mt. with a metal detector!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna