• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How many ski days did you get ('08/'09)?

altagirl

Staff member
I'm not sure keeping track has anything to do with... well anything, for me. I've done it, and even kept notes on what skis I used and what the conditions were like, how I felt each day, and how many powder days I skied. And then there are other seasons where I really don't keep track at all beyond a rough estimate. And whether I kept track or not hasn't really had anything to do with whether or not I was completely obsessed with skiing or was more interested in other things, skied all the time or not much at all, or anything else I can really think of. Other than that there have been times where I thought it would be a nice "record" of a season, or wondered which skis I actually used more often, or some such thing...

abc

Banned
How much of your skiing days where bluebird days???
I'm for quality of the weather before quantity of skiing days .... :D:D
There's a difference in N.A. than in the Alps. In north American, we're allowed to ski through the forest. So on a day that has poor visibility, we can simply ski below the tree line. Snaking through the trees can be great fun! As such, some of the "non-blue-bird" days could be really good days to ski, even when it's snowing (or raining) hard, because the snow surface condition can be very good on such days.

I understand your concern. I wouldn't want to be far above treeline when the sun is not out. One can't even tell which way is up vs. down! And the grave concern of skiing into the next valley that has no lift!!! :(

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There's a difference in N.A. than in the Alps. In north American, we're allowed to ski through the forest. So on a day that has poor visibility, we can simply ski below the tree line. Snaking through the trees can be great fun! As such, some of the "non-blue-bird" days could be really good days to ski, even when it's snowing (or raining) hard, because the snow surface condition can be very good on such days.

I understand your concern. I wouldn't want to be far above treeline when the sun is not out. One can't even tell which way is up vs. down! And the grave concern of skiing into the next valley that has no lift!!! :(

I was just about to post this ... glad I read ahead. Visibility is much worse when you're in a vast area above treeline with no natural markings. Plus, terrain is not managed there like it is here. You can get off piste and into a crevasse or some other sticky situation pretty easily.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Here in Michigan we go when we can - if we waited for the bluebird days I'd get to ski maybe once a year! I love the big lake but it makes for very cloudy skies.

plainjane

Certified Ski Diva
Last day, #74 was yesterday. Best season ever! Topped off by about 13 feet of snow in 10 days at Alta and the last two days being those clear sunny bluebird days. With season pass there, averaged about $13.50 per day to ski.

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
wow, that's a lot of days spent skiing between all of us!

I managed to get in 43 days, most of them with a broken humerus and torn rotator cuff. Hey, I never said they were all quality days! And I know for a fact some were only 2 hours, and the first time back after my accident was ONE run! I was scared to death of the crowds and ice so I left.

On the flip side, I did have a few first to last chair days, usually when I had someone fun to ski with.

So it was a strange year for me. I skied more than I ever have, but didn't enjoy it as much as I had hoped, if that makes any sense. I'm already looking forward to next season.

thewilde1

Diva in Training
40 days...so far. Lake Tahoe, Jackson Hole, Brundage and Sun Valley in Idaho, Utah last week. That may be the end of my season, but perhaps I'll try to sneak back up to Lake Tahoe at the end of April.

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last day, #74 was yesterday. Best season ever! Topped off by about 13 feet of snow in 10 days at Alta and the last two days being those clear sunny bluebird days. With season pass there, averaged about $13.50 per day to ski.

74days skiing???? But how do you manage to ski that much and a full time job????:confused:

I still prefer to ski only on sunny days than to ski in murky weather with fog, snowfall and no visibility ....:becky::becky:

plainjane

Certified Ski Diva
We are self-employed, have 5 long-term staff who manage the business when we are gone skiing. Some may say we are "lucky" to be able to ski 74 days, but it took a lot of years of hard work, good planning and sticking to our financial goals--to me we've "earned" it. And very grateful for what we have.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Holding at 32, and possibly done. :(
Still several weekends left to the season, so there's still an outside chance of more??
33 :becky: Yay, it got cold here, and it snowed in the mountains! Not a ton, but it sure looks "purdy" again!
#34 pending this weekend! :thumbsup:

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got in 27 days of skiing this year. I felt pretty good about it. Coming back from my broken leg and surgeries, I wasn't sure how much I could do this year. The days weren't always full days of 9am-4pm skiing, just what my leg could handle on any given day. But, hey, I'm thankful I could ski at all.
I had a lot of people asking how many days were showing up on my scanner for them this week. I think the most I saw were 113 or so.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My goal for this year was 60+, again.

Due to injury, I managed 34 by Feb 20, plus an additonal 16 days sitting in the lodge watching others ski - hey, you could call that time on the hill :p.

GimpyGal

Certified Ski Diva
Well, I made it to 80 but I had to ski the last 4 hurt to get there. Incredibly stupid thing to do but really wanted to reach that milestone.

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
38 days -- down from 42 last year (it was the Diva trip missed due to flu!).......mostly in Tahoe, 5 days in Catskills and 5 days in CO.

Roe

Certified Ski Diva
Hi,
I was able to ski 44 days this season................14 at Snowbird (YEAH!!!!), 2 at Camelback, 2 at Ski Liberty, and 26 days at Whitetail. Whitetail is located in Pennsylvania (it's close to hagerstown, MD). I am a member of the Safety Team at Whitetail. Does anyone else ever make it to whitetail or Ski Liberty?

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I didn't even try to keep track this year, and I'm actually pretty happy about it. Not counting days this year allowed skiing to be what it really is for me - not a goal, not a challenge, not a competition. Just fun and utter happiness. I feel like I skied my brains out, and that's all I really need to know.

MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY
And it ain't over yet, folks....

MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY. ----not counting and don't know exactly, and am living off the memories, not the numbers, and I really enjoyed this season.

I thought it was over after Wed pow day---but ended up at Brighton this afternoon.

And I'm getting my new backcountry Lowa boots molded.

And I thought I was the only one and others think I'm weird.....thanks for validating me.:D

With 150 inches in our mountains, it's hard to let go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga