• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How many ski days did you get ('08/'09)?

mollmeister

Angel Diva
This has been a TERRIBLE year for me. :mad2:

Although I guess I shouldn't complain, as I have a 2yo and a 5yo. Lots of my friends pretty much gave up on trying to ski from the time their kids were born until the youngest was 7 or so. So I guess I am doing OK, all things considered. (And with an extensively traveling husband factored into the equation.)

So. . . the *grand* total is, I think, 10 days so far, with at two more planned (children permitting) in the next week or so, and then hopefully a couple partial days late season at A-Basin.

Which will put me at a whopping 14 total. :(

This was supposed to be a big year for me, before ODS started kindergarten, but the force was not with me. Even the first couple years after ODS was born I somehow managed 20-30 days per season, but I am discovering that having two small kiddies definitely more than doubles the challenge of getting to the hill. Ah, well. At least they are learning to love (and I mean LOVE!) ski towns and ski hills and ski hotels/condos. I don't think it will ever be a problem getting them to join me on the mountain.

Acrophobia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't really kept track, but a rough estimate is 30+ so far. Given the snowpack, lift-served may linger on locally until May, and then W/B and Mt Hood stay open indefinitely (albeit with limited terrain).

abc

Banned
I doubt I'll (bother to) get any more days in. So let me count...

4 at Loveland for MLK day
3 the next weekend (2 of which are x-c)
7 at Jackson Hole (2 of which are x-c)
8 at St Moritz (1 is x-c)

Grand total of 22 days downhill and 5 days of x-c. Just about what I expected. Pretty "normal" year in terms of days.

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:dance:I'm feeling much better this a.m., it's snowing like crazy right now at K-Mart! yay!!! (I know it won't last forever, tho) but I'm going up for the long Easter/Spring Bash weekend, so I'll have another 2 days at least.

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I didn't even try to keep track this year, and I'm actually pretty happy about it. Not counting days this year allowed skiing to be what it really is for me - not a goal, not a challenge, not a competition. Just fun and utter happiness. I feel like I skied my brains out, and that's all I really need to know.

I totally understand why people like to keep track of their days. I even kept a blog last year documenting details from every single ski day I had. It's motivating, and it can be fun to see if you can "break your record". But it felt really good this year to not even worry about it.

And it ain't over yet, folks....

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
19 days and 3 nights!!!!!!!!!!! A small number compared to some Divas, but last year it was 8, and before that it was 5 years dry, and before that I only skied once or twice each season. So I'm pretty pumped. And it all ended in a fabulous fashion on a gorgeous day at Sunday River. It's possible I might try to get one more day in so my BF can experience spring skiing if there's any left to be had.

Now I'm bummed that it's spring in New England...my ultimate least favorite season of rain, gloom, mud, and cold. Hopefully summer will be here soon enough so I can feel less sad about the end of ski season. Thanks to all the Divas who helped me out with my new ski and boot purchases and all sorts of other advice, support, and fun stories! :grouphug:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had 76 days on the hill this year! Not bad for having a new baby at home! :thumbsup:
That is awesome for anyone but especially for someone with a new born. Wow!

Moll, 14 is better than nuthin!!!

As for me, I got 52 days in this year. The last 7 were the most incredible ski days of my life!!!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't even try to keep track this year, and I'm actually pretty happy about it.

When you know you'll be able to ski enough to not bother counting your days, you're doing good. :smile: Personally, the less I ski, the more I obsess over the number of days I've skied.

P.S. I'm currently at 53. If I ski every day I possibly can for the rest of the season, I'll end up at 61. More likely I'll end up around 58. Which is great, obviously, but I feel like it should be higher given that pretty much all I did for 7 weeks there was ski.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Holding at 32, and possibly done. :(
Still several weekends left to the season, so there's still an outside chance of more?? :noidea: But....with the kind of weather we've had in NNE....:rolleyes::mad2:

Missed a good month due to being NurseWife, so below my previous 7 year average of +-40.
But worth it to see him come through the knee surgery so well :smile:

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Only 22 so far. I usually hit 30, so this is low. I don't imagine I'll make 30 this season, but I'll do my best, if the weather cooperates.

They were almost all long and of high quality, though, so that balances things out some.

Up to 24....

abc

Banned
I didn't even try to keep track this year, and I'm actually pretty happy about it. Not counting days this year allowed skiing to be what it really is for me - not a goal, not a challenge, not a competition. Just fun and utter happiness. I feel like I skied my brains out, and that's all I really need to know.

I totally understand why people like to keep track of their days. I even kept a blog last year documenting details from every single ski day I had. It's motivating, and it can be fun to see if you can "break your record". But it felt really good this year to not even worry about it.

And it ain't over yet, folks....
I don't actually keep track as the season goes on. And I didn't used to know how many days I ski. So I don't have anything to compare to years past. Nor do I care.

But since people ask, I just go through the calendar and "re-construct" the number of days after the fact! :smile:

For example, I skied half as many days this year as last. But I'm not half as happy. I'm equally happy as last year. :o)

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I only know because the Copper passholder site shows me how many days I used my pass, then I can easily add the extras onto that. Three at Whistler, one at Vail, etc.

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think I went skiing 14 days this season. Not much compared to the 25-30 times per season I went snowboarding. But I ski only weekdays (less people on the slopes) and if there is sunny weather.:D

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm at 62, currently. Trip to Utah will put me at 64 or 65 and then I've got a month left at Bachelor, and however long I want at Mt. Hood. When does it become next season? Probably will end at 75ish?

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How much of your skiing days where bluebird days???
I'm for quality of the weather before quantity of skiing days .... :D:D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga