• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How do you apres ski?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Do you like a soak in the hot tub? A couple beers in the nearest bar? Or do you crash with a good nap?

What's your favorite way to relax after a day skiing? And what do you usually end up doing?

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Soaking in a deep tub of hot water (not generally a "hot tub," per se) with a glass of red wine, preferably Pinot Noir or Syrah. Nothing else needed or wanted, no frills, nobody else, & no conversation. Football on TV or chocolate are acceptable additions. Aaaaaaaaaaah!

Jilly

Staff member
Apres ski for us (DH and I) is usually heading home first (we're on the hill) and changing into jeans. Then off to either the Microbrewery La Diable or if we want noise - Le Shack at Tremblant. If its spring and warm - all the upper village bars, the Shack, La Forge, Fat Mardis have patio bars in the Place St. Bernard and there might be live music.
And then again, sometimes its a run into town for groceries!!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hot shower, fluffy robe, popcorn and a cup of good coffee with a shot of Baileys.

I had never drank alcohol until last year when I tried a friends apres' ski coffee. It brings a nice end to a cold day on the hill. Mmmmmmm!

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Cold beer! I don't actually like to go to the bars afterwards, it's too much of a scene for me. I prefer to go back to my condo or hotel, pop open a local brew and hopefully catch an episode of Mythbusters (it seems like everytime I'm on ski trips, there's a MB marathon on... I'm not complaining, I don't get cable, so I never get to watch tv unless I'm on vacation!)

Sometimes we go home and shower and then go out to a restaurant, but usually we're in bed by 9:30pm!

K.

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
on cold days: hot tub and a glass of white wine, then change and go to dinner

spring: hang out at the mt. for a while, chat about skiing, glass of white wine, then dinner and music

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
If it's Highlands - beer and munchies at ZG Grill. On the deck if it's late season & sunny. We know all the bartenders and get hooked up with some freebies. Their "Hot B52" is the best coffee concoction in the valley.

If it's Snowmass - end the day at Gwyn's High Alpine. Good soup and beer. Be careful - still gotta ski to the car!! Then if we are really lucky we head to our friends' parent's vaca home in Snowmass and hit up their hot tub. (They're never there, someone's gotta use it!!)

If Aspen - drinks at the Sundeck or head into town.

I miss apres.

abc

Banned
on cold days: hot tub and a glass of white wine, then change and go to dinner

spring: hang out at the mt. for a while, chat about skiing, glass of white wine, then dinner and music
Nearly identical, just substitue the drink with some REAL fruit juice.

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I'm skiing with friends, then it is all about where we are going to eat (usually a brew pub, but sometimes a "local"bar) and then the adult beverage of choice for the day. Most often it is beer, but sometimes we love those bloody marys!

Skiing by myself? Then I just want to be in my flannel jammies, curled up on the couch w/ my dog at my feet.

If I had a hot tub, or access to one than I would use it!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My preference is to take a long steam shower at my family's condo then head to my favorite restaurant down the road to enjoy a seven course tasting menu at their kitchen bar chatting with the wonderful staff for hours.

More often, I head home grab a shower and curl up with a glass of wine on the sofa.

QA1

Certified Ski Diva
Typically, apres ski involves Chaka Kahn, white party dance music, or Cher pumping from the car stereo. The food is a potluck of elk jerky, buffalo sausage, assorted cheeses (cut with the kayak knife), fruit, Boulder chips (because they might be healthier, or not), and bread/crackers. Hydration options include: hot cowgirl cocoa with Nivan, Veloce, the "Crazy Chicken" ( a mistake), microbrews, Gatorade, and bottled water. Then, we laugh and tell stories until we are freezing, they close I-70, or the fireworks start. :fireworks:

ScottishGirlie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like to get back, have a nice long shower and then just curl up for the evening.

When I was in France in January with my hubby, we had an apartment and stayed most nights and read books and chatted. A couple of times we went for a meal. When I was in Copper last month with friends, we got in, had showers, ate dinner about 6pm and were usually in bed for 9pm!

I can't handle the pace at night time, need my bed!!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Eat eat eat. :becky:
I'm one of those who can't eat much while skiing. (unless I want to seriously slow down or stop) Anything I eat just lies there undigested if I keep on skiing. I generally go for real easy stuff on the stomach, but when the day is over show me the food!

Daria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski Diva you are awesome!!! You know how to keep the ski juices flowing :clap::clap::clap: For me apres ski is about a nice bottle of wine and some cheese back at the condo after changing into my comfy clothes. Sometimes I soak in the tub after a really hard and/or cold day. I found a really nice product to add to the tub water for this - here are the details:

Sage Bath
by Dr.Hauschka

Nurtures and Revives
The refreshing quality of sage tones and revitalizes the entire body. Especially beneficial after sports and over-exertion. Tired, itchy, burning feet feel revitalized with Sage Bath, while the appearance of hard, callused skin is diminished.
Size: 150mL/5fl.oz

Price: US $29.95

I highly recommend it :D

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sometimes we ski right through lunch, then we'll quit in time for some early apres.. make a beeline for a few cold beers and some filling comfort food like nachos. Then it's back to the condo or whatever for a good hot shower and curl up with a glass of wine or a light snack later.

Or, straight back to the condo, hook into a gin and tonic and some chips while we thaw out, then spruce up and head out to stroll around the town and grab a nice dinner.

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
on really cold days like to get a cup of tea after skiing and taking a shower

if the weather is nice (and warm) it's nice to sit in the sun for a while and drink "radler" or "weisser spritzer" AFTER skiing. just hang around and chill with some friends.

what i definitley don't like is this typical kind of aprés ski some resorts, bars, lodges promote. especially the "schlager"music, crowded places and drunken guys will make me kind of aggressive :D

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When returning to the condo my DH insists I get a nice bath while he wipes down the skis again and gets the boot dryers going. Once I've gotten into comfy clothes, he retreats to the bath for a soak and I light a fire, pour wine, and do the prep for dinner. We almost never go out.
Since he is a former chef, cooking is a form of relaxation. After dinner we watch the video he took during the day. I guess we're just party-poopers...can't imagine heading out to drink. Although I must confess we have "inhaled" a time or two.

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Usually my mom cooks for us while we're skiing so we come home, get some yummy food, veg in front of a movie (we LOVE the Planet Earth/Blue Planet series for winter days) and then crash early. Remember, I have two young ones that are usually with me. :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga