• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How do you apres ski?

mollmeister

Angel Diva
Apres used to equal a glass of wine in the hot tub, a shower, a dinner out somewhere (early) and then crashing in a heap.

These days, more often than not, apres equals unpacking all the kid stuff, bathing the kids, squeezing in a shower for myself, laying everything out for the next day, feeding the kids while drinking a glass of wine, and then falling asleep on the table while eating my dinner.

:smile:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love the idea of the steam shower that Robyn mentioned.
Not much of a hot tub girl, but will do the hot tub when the muscles are sore or if joining friends for some laughs.

Moll, gotta love that collapse thing, huh?

abc

Banned
Apres used to equal a glass of wine in the hot tub, a shower, a dinner out somewhere (early) and then crashing in a heap.

These days, more often than not, apres equals unpacking all the kid stuff, bathing the kids, squeezing in a shower for myself, laying everything out for the next day, feeding the kids while drinking a glass of wine, and then falling asleep on the table while eating my dinner.

:smile:
That's pretty funny. :smile:

Actually for me, there're also two version of apres. There's the apres I WOULD LIKE, which is hot tub + eating out etc. But in reality, half of my trip involves driving 4-5 hours back home on Sunday afternoon. So that's my ONLY apres: get in the car, stop half way and grab something to eat, back in the car again for another couple hours, then at the wee hour of the night when I finally get home, shower & collaps into bed. (unpacking and loundry Monday after work!)

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love the idea of the steam shower that Robyn mentioned.
Not much of a hot tub girl, but will do the hot tub when the muscles are sore or if joining friends for some laughs.

Shall we plan my version of apres for one night after skiing Vail during the Summit? :D

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Shall we plan my version of apres for one night after skiing Vail during the Summit? :D
Sure. We can have Terry fix dinner for us while we chill out.
He's a pretty good cook, so that will work out fine.:becky:

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've apres-ed in just about every way imaginable lately. Considering we've taken trips to Whistler, JH, and Europe (esp Austria) in the past few years, we've definitely gotten rowdy a couple of times. I'm not really a rowdy kinda person, but when in Rome, y'know....

Normally it's much more relaxed. Depends on who I'm with, to some extent. Beer is almost always a part, even if it's just crashing in my sweats in the condo. Food with high fat content is usually a part of it, too.

I will say, the older I get, the shorter my apres has become. :D

Greeley

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My apres ski usually consists of finding a trail and taking my dog for a walk. She knows where the trail is in our favorite towns. When we stay in Snowmass and drive into Aspen for the walk, she always gets excited when we turn left toward the Roaring Fork River instead of right for dinner in town.

C

CMCM

I don't eat much during the ski day either. I always have a good breakfast, but keep it to almost nothing during the ski day. So when skiing is done at 4 pm I'm usually famished. We either have dinner at one of the many spots in Squaw Village, or head into Truckee to either Cottonwood high on a hill overlooking Truckee or another nearby dining spot. Always a glass of cabernet plus whatever meal strikes our fancy that day. Just chill and relax before our drive home (about an hour). Then at home, perhaps another glass of wine and some hot tub time. Then bed!

Jilly

Staff member
I will say, the older I get, the shorter my apres has become

Ain't that the truth. My post makes us sound like party people. Its usually 1 or 2 drinks, then home to cook. Since we're on the mountain at Tremblant, we find the village too expensive to eat out all the time. So its home we go, open a bottle of wine, cook and watch the hockey game on Saturday night.

Skimom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm loving this thread! Depends on if we are staying in the mountains or just up for a day trip. If we are staying, it involves beer or wine while fixing dinner, sometimes a hot tub depending on where we are staying, beer or wine while eating dinner, then crash for the night. If we head home, not much...just unpack and settle in!

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Like abc, apres ski for me usually means driving back. When I do overnighters, though, I'm all about the bath/shower/whirlpool/sauna/whatever variation of water and heat. If I stay up by Cascade (WI) I'll often hit The Cheese Factory restaurant (not to be confused with Cheesecake Factory). They're a vegetarian restaurant with a pretty good menu and an old school soda fountain. They've got a nice coffebar setup too, and I'll often get them to put a shot or two of pistachio syrup into my hot chocolate. Yumm.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Taco Bell on the way home. The hot tub with a wine cooler for me, a Corona for him, and a Warren Miller movie; then bed. Oooohhhh, we're party ANIMALS!!!! :becky:

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
PBR's with the Soli crew at the Moonbeam lodge by the fireplace until traffic mellows out. Then down the canyon (and back to reality) on a Sunday evening. Sigh.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga