• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How do I quote someones post?

Lilywhite

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am sure I have done it before (somehow?) but appear to experiencing brain flu! Help please and thank you x

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi Lilywhite,

I am sure I have done it before (somehow?) but appear to experiencing brain flu! Help please and thank you x

Above is what it looks like when clicking on 'Reply' for a specific message.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Or after clicking on the double quote symbol, you can insert your quoted text in between the Quote and /Quote. Hope this helps.

open bracket QUOTE close bracket quoted text open bracket /QUOTE close bracket

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ha, I only "remembered" by accident very recently...

marzNC

Angel Diva
Or after clicking on the double quote symbol, you can insert your quoted text in between the Quote and /Quote. Hope this helps.

Above is what it looks like when clicking on 'Reply' for a specific message.

Aha! Now I can do "multiple" quotes again. First one done by clicking on Reply. Second one by pasting text after clicking on the double-quote icon.

SkiNana

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I was trying to figure that out too, Glad you asked Lilywhite.

I just click on reply in another post to get a second set of quotes. Is that what you mean by "double quotes"? I don't see any "double quotes" otherwise

SkiNana

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just click on reply in another post to get a second set of quotes. Is that what you mean by "double quotes"? I don't see any "double quotes" otherwise

Or do you mean to cut and paste using the quotes in the tool bar? AHA! That works too! And you can do it any number of times!!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Gee, that's too simple. Never thought to try that. :doh:

The "double quote" icon I was talking about is at the far right on the same formatting line as Bold, Italics, and the Link/Unlink and vid icons.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, that's what I meant, those double quotes on the tool bar that look like 2 blue upside down and reversed commas. It doesn't name the person you're quoting, but still creates the lightly shaded box.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga