• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How bad is the jonesing?

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Those are nice pants! How's the length?
I'm 5'1.5 and length is good in a size 4. Haven't tried with ski boots yet but walked around barefoot and they don't drag on the ground. Also, bottom of legs seem to be wide enough to accommodate boot heaters. Fit is relaxed which is good because I wear layers on cold days. The fit is not so relaxed that I look like a mushroom which often happens in that style pant.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm 5'1.5 and length is good in a size 4. Haven't tried with ski boots yet but walked around barefoot and they don't drag on the ground. Also, bottom of legs seem to be wide enough to accommodate boot heaters. Fit is relaxed which is good because I wear layers on cold days. The fit is not so relaxed that I look like a mushroom which often happens in that style pant.

Same height as me! Thanks!

echo_VT

Angel Diva
we picked up our daughter's new set up (they're pre-race skis and boots) in New Hampshire as we do every year. in a few weeks our local mtn will have a demo day for kid racers and for ski staff which we'll go to.

time to also get a couple of XC skis - for myself and for LO (they sized me wrong a few years ago and i've improved a lot - plus LO is starting to skate-ski now)

we got ski magazine and saw the ratings for 2019. i already know which ski i'm getting. can't do the quiver thing, but totally living vicariously thru those of you who do add to the quiver!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
we picked up our daughter's new set up (they're pre-race skis and boots) in New Hampshire as we do every year. in a few weeks our local mtn will have a demo day for kid racers and for ski staff which we'll go to.

time to also get a couple of XC skis - for myself and for LO (they sized me wrong a few years ago and i've improved a lot - plus LO is starting to skate-ski now)

we got ski magazine and saw the ratings for 2019. i already know which ski i'm getting. can't do the quiver thing, but totally living vicariously thru those of you who do add to the quiver!

I was so happy to get my SKI Magazine on Saturday.. blew off some chores on Sunday and read and read.. I don't 'need' any skis but it fun to "want" more.

Jilly

Staff member
Magazine arrival came up on the facebook memories. So Ski Canada should be here soon. I didn't know that SKI was still around. Thought they had gone "online" only. Have to venture to the local magazine outlet!!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Started fitness class again to prepare for Ski Fitness classes next month...bahaha. Have to train to start really training. Help! Walking around in my new boots from Matt down in Park City, amazing fitting process at the beginning of August. Booking Japan lifelong dream holiday for my 50th, Hokkaido and Honshu skiing here I come. Feeling the stoke of seeing the first big snow up high in the Tetons two days ago. I LOVE SKIING SO MUCH!

kiki

Angel Diva
New ski gloves came in the mail today!
Only about 11-12 weeks to ski season now!!
Exercise program has to begin in earnest!!

echo_VT

Angel Diva
I have been hiking and I’m in the middle of a training cycle for a marathon so I have plenty to keep me busy and not sad about no snow :smile:

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Haha,I get to be 180 degrees out of sync living in the southern hemisphere.It's snowing in the mountains now and Tues/Weds will be a (heavily wind affected) powder day so it's all good here.The season has a mere six weeks left and then it will the long wait until February and France! At least there will be a few months of bike park fun both here and in Queenstown and some d/h and enduro racing to look forward to.

cskis88

Certified Ski Diva
I bought an elliptical this year (Nordic track C7.5). It's pretty basic, but on full incline it feels a little like mogul skiing. Very pleased with that and hoping it will pay off in a couple of months.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Instead of scanning the newspaper while I had my morning coffee I looked up the dates for the new Warren Miller and Teton Gravity films. As usual they are scheduled to roughly coincide with the Boston Ski Show. Then I watched the trailer for Face of Winter, the Warren Miller film.

Jilly

Staff member
I noticed on the WM site that you can buy a flash drive with just about all the films ever....It's that 25% exchange rate that doesn't have me hitting buy!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna