• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How bad is the jonesing?

Babette

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Actually I added some exercises to my training routine this week in anticipation of ski season because I am missing it so much right now. I'm also spending a lot of time watching ski videos and reading ski magazines.

What is your source for ski videos? Would love to be watching some and dreaming of snow!

QCskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What is your source for ski videos? Would love to be watching some and dreaming of snow!

I go on Youtube and see what I can find! Sometimes I go for ski advice from channels like this one. Other times I go for ones that are just about skiing or in depth looks at different mountains.

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So jonesing! I have to watch my daughter train on the ski simulator. BTW-hope yet for those of you who have kids who don't love skiing. DD below, used to have to be bribed to ski. Last year, positive peer pressure from her best friend got her on the ski team and now she is working hard to try to varsity this year. In fact she will be going away at Thanksgiving to Loveland to do a ski camp. Wish I could go too.
IMG_20180726_103753497_BURST000_COVER_TOP (1).jpg

marzNC

Angel Diva
So jonesing! I have to watch my daughter train on the ski simulator. BTW-hope yet for those of you who have kids who don't love skiing. DD below, used to have to be bribed to ski. Last year, positive peer pressure from her best friend got her on the ski team and now she is working hard to try to varsity this year. In fact she will be going away at Thanksgiving to Loveland to do a ski camp. Wish I could go too.
Where is that indoor facility?

One of the draws for a few of the colleges my daughter is considering is that they are relatively close ski slopes. Not big mountains, but any skiing is better than none.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thankfully I'm as passionate about mountain biking as I am about skiing, so am thoroughly enjoying the summer. I would find it torture to watch ski videos without an opening date imminent; I hide my ski stuff out of sight for the green season. However, I DID recently buy a pair of alpine touring boots because they were super-cheap, so I can't say I've been pure in thought when it comes to MTB!

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Where is that indoor facility?

One of the draws for a few of the colleges my daughter is considering is that they are relatively close ski slopes. Not big mountains, but any skiing is better than none.
It's in Clarkston, MI. She comes off sweaty and tired. Our first daughter is sadly far away from anything good (Chicago). Sniff, sniff, we drop her off in two weeks and I'm going to be a mess. She is our first to go. The last senior year went so fast.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jonesing? I suppose ski dreams count. I almost never remember dreams, but I remember quite a few details from one last week. I was going through the drive through at a Burger King, and was delighted that the kids meal I just ordered came with a pair of kid sized skis. They were 125 cm, and I remember looking at the binding and it was something that ended in the number 40, so basically a youth binding, but I also noticed that they could be set for a size 25 boot. No idea what food I ordered though. I was just excited about the skis.

Babette

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I go on Youtube and see what I can find! Sometimes I go for ski advice from channels like this one. Other times I go for ones that are just about skiing or in depth looks at different mountains.

Wow thanks for that -- looks like a great resource, especially when jonesing!

Jenny

Angel Diva
It's in Clarkston, MI. She comes off sweaty and tired. Our first daughter is sadly far away from anything good (Chicago). Sniff, sniff, we drop her off in two weeks and I'm going to be a mess. She is our first to go. The last senior year went so fast.
Wait, what? There's a simulator in Clarkston? Open to the public?

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m racing my boat twice a week at this time of year so I’m not as worried about skiing right now. For me it’s always a balance between the two seasons. And I basically end up hating November because I’m not doing either! My boat is the one with the blue and red spinnaker.

Attachments

• D6D8DA62-DAD3-42EC-8FD5-3D394E1D7460.jpeg
    D6D8DA62-DAD3-42EC-8FD5-3D394E1D7460.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 12

cvana

Certified Ski Diva
I just found myself tugged to the computer to do some "shopping" and wound up here, of course. My growing daughter needs some new gear, so this is my first stop for advice! My mind is definitely on skiing already. Been getting pass info from my favorite VT co-op in the mail, and teasers in my email, so the jones is ON! Need to lose some weight or I am going to need new ski pants, too!

mustski

Angel Diva
Jonesing? I suppose ski dreams count. I almost never remember dreams, but I remember quite a few details from one last week. I was going through the drive through at a Burger King, and was delighted that the kids meal I just ordered came with a pair of kid sized skis. They were 125 cm, and I remember looking at the binding and it was something that ended in the number 40, so basically a youth binding, but I also noticed that they could be set for a size 25 boot. No idea what food I ordered though. I was just excited about the skis.
That kind of Burger King would convert me to eating fast food!

kiki

Angel Diva
3 months to ski season! I have been counting the day. Got some blisters this week and commented to a friend that i hoped they would be all healed before ski season lol! squats and lunges program has begun.

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wait, what? There's a simulator in Clarkston? Open to the public?

This is at Vertical Drop. The owner is a great guy. I'm not sure if it is open to the public. The kids on the local teams get to use it for off season training.

marzNC

Angel Diva
This is at Vertical Drop. The owner is a great guy. I'm not sure if it is open to the public. The kids on the local teams get to use it for off season training.
Looks like it's $65 per hour. There is a place in Florida that's had the same simulator for a few years. Designed to simulate carving at high angles so perfect for race training. But seems to be fun for other skiers and snowboarders as well.

Next time I visit my cousin in Rochester Hills, will have to go over and take a look.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna