• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How bad is the jonesing?

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looks like it's $65 per hour. There is a place in Florida that's had the same simulator for a few years. Designed to simulate carving at high angles so perfect for race training. But seems to be fun for other skiers and snowboarders as well.

Next time I visit my cousin in Rochester Hills, will have to go over and take a look.

Always a small world. I practice in Rochester Hills!

echo_VT

Angel Diva
they say they will open the year-round indoor ski center in NJ sometime in Mar or Apr of 2019.
can't wait :smile: i'm sure it won't completely be like the real thing (i imagine bunny hill) but hey, i can practice backwards skiing !

until then it's cycling and hiking and running. also water sports or rock climbing. i do whatever i can to get outside -

Jilly

Staff member
they say they will open the year-round indoor ski center in NJ sometime in Mar or Apr of 2019.
can't wait :smile: i'm sure it won't completely be like the real thing (i imagine bunny hill) but hey, i can practice backwards skiing !

until then it's cycling and hiking and running. also water sports or rock climbing. i do whatever i can to get outside -

Is that the place that has been saying they are going to open for the last 10 years??

mustski

Angel Diva
Ah ... the jonesing is getting more and more expensive. The best thing about having retired is I can go skiing whenever I want. The worst thing about being retired is that skiing costs lots of money. We just booked a second Colorado trip to Copper and Steamboat!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Is that the place that has been saying they are going to open for the last 10 years??
Yes and no. The company that is building American Dream Meadowlands is not the one that failed to get very far with Xanadu. The builder for American Dream is Triple Five, a Canadian company. They are responsible for the Mall of America and the West Edmonton Mall, two of the largest malls in the world. Triple Five has been working on American Dream Meadowlands since 2011. Construction was delayed for a variety of reasons, mostly related to money.

https://www.njfamily.com/The-First-Indoor-Snow-Park-in-North-America-Is-Coming-to-NJ-Yes-Really/

Snow Operating is running Big SNOW, which will use standard snowmaking not plastic. Since they are also the operator for Mountain Creek, would expect them to hope to get some new folks to try skiing outdoors after learning a little indoors.

KBee

Angel Diva
Bought a lone pair of 2014 or so old school style skis today. Have been thinking about them for months, and almost walked away, 'cause I didn't have time to buy bindings. Quickly realized how sad I'd be if they sold to someone else, and just got them! So stoked.

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was fine...enjoying the August flowers...the start of football season...the upcoming green chili harvest...the cool mornings/evenings and perfect warm days...then SO bought new skis (Rossignol Sin 7)...and now, I find myself reviewing my ski notes from last year...looking for new googles...visualizing going down certain runs...I can't wait!!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm hoping for early snow for a different reason. I'm currently looking out my condo window at the burned out trees near my condo building. The morning sun highlights the burn scars. Heard yesterday there are still hot spots in the burn area.

Looking forward to Loveland opening. Will be skiing there early season instead of A-Basin. It's a no Brainer, season Pass is $99 for 70+.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I definitely want to check it out at some point, but worry it's gonna be a zoo.

GeoGirl

Certified Ski Diva
I recently started a weightlifting program with a friend, and all that's keeping me on the wagon is thinking of how strong my legs will be for skiing (and the fact that I bribe myself through the circuits with gummy bears lol).
I'm wearing my ski boots while working on the computer. Totally just making sure they're properly broken in for the season...

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not quite ready for the ski season. There was a dusting of snow on the peaks this morning near Dillon and Frisco. Went to the Christy Sports VIP Night. Bought my season pass for Loveland. Cost me $99. Also got these ski pants. https://www.bobssportschalet.com/descente/descente-struts-pant-womens-2237. I got them in Fuschia. I bought the jacket that goes with them a couple of years ago. I had a $10.00 off coupon so the total cost was $85.75 including tax. No plan for new skis and got new boots last year and got the Icon Pass so I'm all set for the season.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This Summer I started playing Pickleball for the first time. The sport has kept me from wishing all the very dark clouds that occur here during the monsoon would be snow clouds. However, all that lovely, and much-needed rain is REALLY putting a damper on my skills acquisition.

When the end of Fall brings chillier air I know my head will be turning towards the peaks in the hopes to see a touch of white. My home mountain is two hours away, but clearly visible from almost any location in my town.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Not quite ready for the ski season. There was a dusting of snow on the peaks this morning near Dillon and Frisco. Went to the Christy Sports VIP Night. Bought my season pass for Loveland. Cost me $99. Also got these ski pants. https://www.bobssportschalet.com/descente/descente-struts-pant-womens-2237. I got them in Fuschia. I bought the jacket that goes with them a couple of years ago. I had a $10.00 off coupon so the total cost was $85.75 including tax. No plan for new skis and got new boots last year and got the Icon Pass so I'm all set for the season.

Those are nice pants! How's the length?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna