• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help - another side of calf/boot pain issue

B

B.E.G.

I try to tone down the tech talk when I start dealing with a real pro, though I always make sure to add the disclaimer that I want them to tell me what they think and that I really want their advice. They seem to appreciate that, and so long as I don't start yammering away they appear to enjoy dealing with someone who understands some technical lingo.

But some gear experts are like introverted engineers and hate talking, although so far I've run into two bootfitters who sometimes stare deep into my eyes when explaining stuff. Maybe they think they're snake-charmers, although I'm far older and more beat up than either one!

Hahaha. I don't do super technical talk with the pros. I don't know enough. But even not so technical talk that's the norm on Ski Diva can sound super techie to the non-gearhead I think. Even talking about boot flex or ski waist width or rockers. I do get treated really well at other shops once the guys and I start talking though (and I tell them what I ski).

And lol at the image of the ski/snake charmer!

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just to let you guys know - the Rossi bindings I have ARE ramped. I talked to my ski guy today about it. I don't know for sure how much though.

I never knew that! Well I'm going to try my new boots without heel lifts and see how I get on.

B

B.E.G.

Liquid Yellow, let us know how it goes without the heel lifts!

My bootfitter is working on my custom footbeds and they should be ready to go by this weekend. I think I'll ski with them in first before doing anymore tweaking re: lifts.

Litterbug - lol! I've been getting a serious sales pitch from the guy at my local big box store. He's super nice and if I didn't already have a great relationship with my ski shop I would love to buy from him. But, he doesn't carry exactly what I want (he has this year's True Luv, last year's One Luv, and this year's One Luv??? I thought that the OL had been phased out this year). I actually try not to go into the store now because I feel so bad - guilt complex, darn you!

Three of my friends just bought skis at my ski shop through me though, and I bought my skis and boots and sent a few other customers their way for boot stuff, and I absolutely love everyone who works there (I know them all so well now because I'm in there every week), that I really just can't defect to another store though for a ski.

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Liquid Yellow, let us know how it goes without the heel lifts!

Will keep you updated! Will be back on the snow on Monday. If I can find a mountain restaurant with free wi-fi I'll drop in and let you know x

B

B.E.G.

Will keep you updated! Will be back on the snow on Monday. If I can find a mountain restaurant with free wi-fi I'll drop in and let you know x

You know it's bad when you're on Ski Diva on a ski day. I've been bad - I discovered my mountain has free wi-fi (um it only took me like 6 ski days to figure that out!) and since then, I've been checking Ski Diva and e-mail during lunch :p

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna