• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Gear for a fat skier

Ashtoreth

Certified Ski Diva
meh if a thief wants my rental skis, he's/she's an idiot anyway ;)

My real goal is to keep my ski poles from getting walked off with/stolen this season. Especially now that I have nice carbon poles. I am going to try to use my cable lock to incorporate my poles somehow, if anything just to make it "harder" for someone to leave with my poles.

Jilly

Staff member
My mind does work that way because I'm trying to prevent it!! And so I can blow my own horn, I'm one of 2 women in Canada with both those creds!

Back to reality - any luck @Ashtoreth finding clothes yet?

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My biggest worries is the width of the fit. I know I can't wear any normal shoes so it will be tricky to find a good boot. I just hope I can find one that fit on lengths AND width.

Thanks though i'll check out the 27.5 :smile: and I'll definitely take that ''Date your skis, marry your boots'' advice and shop for them first :smile: maybe at the end of the season ;)
I do want them snug though!

Hi and welcome!! I have UK size 8 feet (US 10 I think) which are very wide. My boots are 26.5 (307mm sole), and they are Atomic Carbon Waymaker 100s. Worth looking at Atomic boots which have the LiveFit rubber bit on them to allow more room for extra-wide feet. They are BRILLIANT, mine are the most comfortable boots I've ever had.

[EDIT: Just noticed Jilly said the same]

[EDIT 2: Just read the thread properly and seen you've got boots. OK, well maybe if you decide to buy a new pair some time later, take a look at the Atomics x]

Also, I wear men's snowboarder pants, they are nice and baggy. I'm not a skinny bird myself and would like to lose another 30 pounds if poss. Mine are Oakleys.

Last edited:

Ashtoreth

Certified Ski Diva
yea I have old quick silver snowboarding pants, but they were pre-pregnancy so don't fit anymore ahah, maybe next year?

I actualy DID look at the atomics, online anyway. but I wont buy for another 3 months so :smile: i'm just looking, also need to figure out what would fit best for me

mustski

Angel Diva
Locks only keep the honest people away. If a thief wants it they will find a way. (Sorry but that is what I do in real life!)

And all this time, I thought you owned a ski shop!! Where did I get that impression???

You steal stuff??
:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Locksmith and commercial hardware....large buildings etc. Architectural Hardware Consultant - A.H.C. and Fire and Egress Door Assembly Inspector - F.D.A.I.

I would have gone with thief! That would have made a great story.

Jilly

Staff member
Thanks. I'm sorry that I have to think like one, but it's part of the business...and I "help out" at a ski shop...so that is where that comes from....It's not a paying job, just fun...and discounts..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga