• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Fischer Vacuum Fit Boots

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Within a month or so we should know what new models they will have out for next season. Hopefully they will cater to more women at that point!

apski

Certified Ski Diva
My bootfitter says he thinks they'll have kids sizes next year so one assumes that the smaller-footed adults will have something available to them as well.

Interestingly, as the boots are able to be re-molded up to 5x (per mfr specs), he thinks that parents might be convinced to buy the kids' boots with some sort of structured trade-in plan as the kids grow.

Marigee

Angel Diva
I love the idea of these boots, but "sigh" they only come as small as a 23.5.

My boot fitter said the sales rep told him that Fischer was planning on having a size 22 boot next season. I think it is going to be marketed as a race boot, so should be stiffer.

Rippin Randi

Certified Ski Diva
Very intersted in the boots. I'm curious about having room for any swelling at all. I think my feet are somewhat bigger by the end of the day and if they are that fitted, would there be a problem with getting too tight?

Also how do you rate then for staying dry?

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this! It's really appreciated! :clap:

amazon_blonde

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My DH just bought the fisher vacuum I the 130. He is a big string guy and extremely aggressive so we'll see what he thinks when he skis in the this week. Ironically, I had been looking at them as I have been having serious boot issues. I bought a pair of Hawx 80 last year and had nothing but pain. I think they are good boots -- just not for me. Anyway, boot fitter said the fisher vacuum boots are also not for me. They can accommodate a very narrow foot, even a narrow heel (which I have) but not a very flat foot. I have a very low volume, long (27.5) flat foot. Had to put me in a cabrio style boot to get the top to touch my foot around the forefoot.
So, I guess between snoWYmonkey and me, the fishers aren't meant for everyone.
SnoWYmonkey, did you get new boots?

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Rippin Randi,

I think they are just like any other boot in terms of room for swelling. Since you can have them molded to varying degrees of pressure, just don't have them molded too tight. If anything the foot should swell evenly and with a great fit, this should be great. Did not notice any abnormal moisture issues.

Amazon Blonde.
I am surprised about the low volume foot issue. I actually found them to be much lower profile than any other boot, and our fitter has found the same, especially in the toe box where had I kept them I would have needed to punch not only a bit forward, but also up. Although I do love a snug fit, which my new langes, have a little too much room in the toe box.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Rippin Randi,

I agree with snoWYmonkey, since you can have them fit to different levels of performance, I would think this should accomodate any foot changes throughout the day. I always try to do bootfitting later in the day because my feet do tend to swell a little throughout the day as I am on my feet alot. I also have not noticed anything abnormal for moisture issues, but I also tend to wear boot gloves regularly so this also helps keep things dry. I will say this is the first boot that I've owned where my feet stay very nice and warm, I always have cold feet so I have heaters and all, and this is the first year I've been able to keep them on a low setting and be quite comfy even on the couple of cold days I've skied. (Though it hasn't been super frigid yet this year when I've skied so we'll see, but so far so good.)

amazon_blonde,

I'm also surprised by the low volume thing as I have very low volume feet with super skinny ankles and a wider forefoot. This is the first boot I have ever felt any contact with my instep! Bootfitter knows best though. Let us know how your husband likes his boots, I'd like to hear a guy's perspective.

apski

Certified Ski Diva
Rippin Randi,

Let us know how your husband likes his boots, I'd like to hear a guy's perspective.

DH just got his men's Fischer Vacuums this week, so we'll be getting both perspectives in a few weeks when we head to Colorado.

Hope we get to see how we like them in powder!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have three men I know skiing in the men's model. One races a fair bit, the other two are intermediate and advanced respectively. The racer had to adjust cuff angles with the plugs that were included and seems to like his. The intermediate finds the toe box a bit too confining, but raves about the fit. Only mister advanced has had to have his remolded now four times. All of them seem to like how it skis.

Oh, and Amazon Blonde, perhaps bringing a thinner sock for the second half of the day would help both with the fit and the moisture?

amazon_blonde

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Missy ski and snoWYmonkey, I ended up with the dalbello krypton boots with intuition liner. They fit really well (although still had to have pieces put around the ankle) and I love the replaceable tongue feature so I'm trying not to second guess the fisher vacuum boots. The boot fitter really wanted a cabrio boot for me. I guess my feet are really that flat. For a 27.5 they are tiny in every other dimension.
Will keep you posted on the DH's experience ... We arrive in Jackson on Friday!!!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Missy ski and snoWYmonkey, I ended up with the dalbello krypton boots with intuition liner. They fit really well (although still had to have pieces put around the ankle) and I love the replaceable tongue feature so I'm trying not to second guess the fisher vacuum boots. The boot fitter really wanted a cabrio boot for me. I guess my feet are really that flat. For a 27.5 they are tiny in every other dimension.
Will keep you posted on the DH's experience ... We arrive in Jackson on Friday!!!

Have a great time!!.. Hope you get lots of snow! :becky:

amazon_blonde

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So the DH has skied on the fisher vacuum boots twice now. Was very happy out of the gate. Thought they were tight, but no hot spots. He's interested to see how much they pack out. He's also happy with how stiff they are. He has the 130s.
Interestingly though, his feet were cold today. Mine (in intuition liners) were not! I'm always the one with cold feet, so I think our suspicion is that the fisher liner is simply not as warm.
Good first impressions.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have found that nothing is as warm as Intuition liners! The reviews and comments all seem to say the same thing. Am curious what the Intuition/Vacuum combo will be like. I suspect pretty phenomenal.

apski

Certified Ski Diva
our suspicion is that the fisher liner is simply not as warm.

Oh crud....I have never suffered from cold feet in any ski boot before. Now I'm getting nervous about what I'm going to do when my feet get cold in these boots. Not like there will be room for an insert!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Oh crud....I have never suffered from cold feet in any ski boot before. Now I'm getting nervous about what I'm going to do when my feet get cold in these boots. Not like there will be room for an insert!

I find the Fischers to be warmer than my last boots (Lange Banshee).. I just do the same thing I always have since I usually always have cold feet, (hotronics and boot glove). On Sunday it was -14 degrees F with windchill so I also opted to put a disposable footwarmer on the outside of my boot under my boot gloves just in case. I was very comfortable, in fact the day before which wasn't quite as cold but still freezing, my feet stayed warm all day and DH was cold and he is never cold. I never even stopped to warm up most of the day just a couple of quick drink breaks and no lunch break either. So I'm not sure if we can make a blanket statement yet on whether they are warm or not overall. Each person is coming from a different past experience and is skiing in different temps and conditions. :smile:

amazon_blonde

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And just to be clear, me and my DH think the fisher vacuum liner isn't as warm as the intuition liner, but the stock fisher liner isn't necessarily colder than his previous boot. We are at JHthis wek and it's pretty cold. -1F before the vicious windchill.

As an aside, we bumped into a writer for powder magazine today, who did the review on the fisher vacuums for that publication. He has over 70 days in the, in the stock liner with no problems. So they have some longeviety.

livstew

Certified Ski Diva
i've been wanting to try these boots out... and this thread is making it hard not having a shop closer!

x2 on intuitions... good stuff

apski

Certified Ski Diva
And just to be clear, me and my DH think the fisher vacuum liner isn't as warm as the intuition liner, but the stock fisher liner isn't necessarily colder than his previous boot. We are at JHthis wek and it's pretty cold. -1F before the vicious windchill.

As an aside, we bumped into a writer for powder magazine today, who did the review on the fisher vacuums for that publication. He has over 70 days in the, in the stock liner with no problems. So they have some longeviety.

Ok, thinking warm foot thoughts....
And also thinking that writer has a better job than mine. 70 days? What a life!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga