• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Fischer Vacuum Fit Boots

MissySki

Angel Diva
So there were gold buckles I think for 2 years? (which I have), purple buckles with improved liner last year not sure if there were other colors last year and now pinkish buckles with improved liner. Like I said, I still had to have the shell blown out manually outside of the vacuum fit process, so you might need some additional work done, but your fitter will need to help determine what if anything is needed beyond remolding for your particular situation. I had to change boot fitters because the place that sold me these boots originally had no experience doing anything besides using the vacuum machine to mold them, and didn't offer to do further work on them than that. So I found someone else who had more experience with them to work with.
When I had my boots molded it was on the vacuum machine, so no option to walk around etc., I had to stand in the position they set me in. We happened to do the most upright position the machine would allow for, and this still wasn't upright enough for my anatomy which made me need to get toe lifts this season. This setting on the machine is supposed to determine how much forward lean the boot will have.

jada

Diva in Training
Yesterday I went through a second custom fitting process. In the hot spots we placed 3 layers of pads (!!!) and they used only a low level of pressure to take more advantage from the heat to blown out then to squeeze the shell strongly on my poor feet.
This evening I will do a first living-room-test. One more time finger crossed!

Zez

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hve the Fischer soma vacuum hybrid w 8+ so the cheap ones!!! Skiied for the first time today. I have only 9 days previous ski experience so can really compare in terms of how I skiied or anything technical, but....

This was my first ski day of the season. Last year I had to size up, both in multiple rental pairs and in a second hand pair I had. I wore 24.5 or 25 because of my bunion. I Ended up with sore bunions, sore little toes, cold feet and I could feel that they weren't turning with me!

I love the new boots! Skiied about 5 hours and didn't have to take them off, or loosen the buckles once. The right foot is 100%. Left felt great when skiing but I felt a small bit of little toe pressure in the lift line. More comfy by the end of the day though, so I suspect they just need wearing in a little. No bunion pain, feet warm and best of all my skis did what I wanted them too and turning was much easier.

Highly recommend!

jada

Diva in Training
After 2 days of skiing I can state that the 2nd customization cycle was much much much better.
So to have a lower pressure the second time was really good idea!

Moreover I do not have any longer the skis in v-position thanks to the somatec which keep the natural feet v-position! This function has been crucial I my case to improve my skiing style.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga