• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Does anyone wear stretch ski pants these days?

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oooops I did it ! I blame @liquidfeet for starting this thread :laughter:
For anyone buying from ebay looking right now, remember that this is summer. Few people are thinking about buying ski clothing. You are one of the few.

There are TONS of ski pants and ski jackets listed. Very little stock is moving. You can look up when the item you are considering was listed. You are in luck if it's a long time ago. You are in luck even if it hasn't been online for that long, because almost no one is looking except you.

By all means, make an offer below asking price for anything you want to buy. Here in the summer, most all sellers will say yes if the offer is not offensively low. If you click "make an offer" ebay will make suggestions. I usually click the lowest suggestion, or make an offer a little below that.

If you want something that's waaay above your budget, go ahead and make a very low offer that you are willing to pay. But be sure to include a humble message explaining that you don't mean to offend but you really like the item and your budget doesn't allow more than this and if they can't find another buyer you'll still be here hoping .... or something like that.

Speaking as a skier who buys on a low budget, I've found that most sellers (in the US - not sure about overseas) will be tired of waiting and say yes. Or at least that's been my experience.

Last edited:

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Stunningly beautiful.
Yes but apparently about 10 yrs old I've since found out !! I've asked to cancel the order but if not then I'll take my chances, you never know they might be great and they certainly look in better condition than my Oakley softshell pants that I've had since 2011 and have been sitting unworn for the last few seasons due to them being super faded (our sun here is brutal) .

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Here you go @Mudgirl630, super cheap and coming from the Ukraine, heavens knows if they'll ever arrive but I live in hope

Yes but apparently about 10 yrs old I've since found out !! I've asked to cancel the order but if not then I'll take my chances, you never know they might be great and they certainly look in better condition than my Oakley softshell pants that I've had since 2011 and have been sitting unworn for the last few seasons due to them being super faded (our sun here is brutal) .
I would say that Frauenschuh pants you got would be a lot better quality than Oakley although this pair is very old. Not even close.

Reactions: AJM

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
My size but these do look old. And my other Jet Set pants had hemmed at the knee b/c about 5 inches too long. They were black with silver stars, not very waterproof, fell apart and sent back to manufacturers by ski shop in Vermont where purchased.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Both Nils and Obermeyer, and maybe Marmot make very decent softshell stretch pants that are not nearly as pricey as the fancy brands, and are quite similar in style. Slim, very flattering, warm, and highly water resistant. I have owned a pair from each brand , with the exception of Marmot, and was very satisfied. Very chic. I do not have them any longer, as they would never accommodate a boot with a Hottronics battery, even if worn just under knee. And besides...that would totally ruin the look:tongue:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva

EdithP

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So does anyone have experience with a version of stretch pants that are warm when the temps are really low and the wind is blowing, and also that are water-resistant in case it's snowing (or raining)? I'm talking about pants without stirrups.

In other words, are they being made these days with improvements over the vintage ones?
Maybe I could give myself a present of a pair like this when I finally start making beautiful RRx on snow (not unthinkable any more). Celebrating with a dash ! As a matter of fact, I was thinking what sort of a prize I would like to give myself for getting there, and here is one great idea:smile:. Thank you @liquidfeet for low budget suggestions.

Last edited:

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ive got my eye on this little number from PE Nation for next season .... bit of a bold choice for me !
Actually I'd better wait till Ive seen the surgeon on Monday before I hit the buy now button Screenshot_20220930-155848_Instagram.jpg

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I try really hard not to as well but its so hard to avoid, it makes me so cross when I see something that "proudly" states "Designed in (whatever country) Made in C"
Right?

I just get truly turned off when I see where it was made. I just move on.
Specially when the item is high priced like Bogner. Ticks me off. What a rip off besides.

Reactions: AJM

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Closeup image

Here are those North Face pants in purple. Evidently they are not meant to fit skin-tight, as the vintage ones did. Nice looking pants.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna