• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Does anyone wear stretch ski pants these days?

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I mean stretch pants that fit skin tight, like the vintage ones. Or does anyone wear the vintage ones?
What are the pros and cons of stretch ski pants?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Wore stretch pants for years.... looked good (or so I was told) but never warm enough, waterproof enough, inside the boot (yikes).......
Eventually went to the goodwill. Yes, even the Bogner ones. And the one piece stretch bibs.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have done in recent years but not currently although I would if I could find a great fitting pair. My last pair were PE Nation (an Aussie activewear brand) but they were too high waisted for me and dug in (I'm a true rectangle shape and dont really go in at the waist therefore anything too high waisted is really uncomfortable. Pro's - very comfortable if you get the right fit. Cons - generally not very water resistant.

Jilly

Staff member
No, been there, done that....Pedigree, in and out of the boot. Dark green, love them then, but.....not warm etc. Had a pair of blue pants, that I wore one spring day. Did a double eject and ended up with rug burn on the top of my thighs...Not sure if they were Sun Ice or another (now) vintage brand.

Reactions: AJM

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I mean stretch pants that fit skin tight, like the vintage ones. Or does anyone wear the vintage ones?
What are the pros and cons of stretch ski pants?
The stretch pants to which you refer are those that go inside the boots with a band under your foot to keep the pants stretched. No one wants anything in their boots these days as you well know!! I imagine those things were a bit uncomfortable underfoot for a whole ski day even when the old boots were not nearly as high on the calf or tight in the foot area as the boots of today.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have several pairs that fit really tight.
They are made by Frauenschuh, Authier, and Jet set. You can see them in Gorsuch website.
Do you mean pants like these?View attachment 19118View attachment 19119
Those are gorgeous pants. I used to have a couple pair similar to those, however these days, with a Hottronics set-up even my regular ski or snowboard pants can barely accommodate the battery on the lower leg.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Those are gorgeous pants. I used to have a couple pair similar to those, however these days, with a Hottronics set-up even my regular ski or snowboard pants can barely accommodate the battery on the lower leg.
I wear heated socks that have those controls on the outer lower legs also. They work fine for me although look a bit weird. :wink: I have chicken legs. Sometimes they come in handy. Haha
These pants have thick very supportive stretchy materials. They hold you in so very nicely. Also, very warm.

Last edited:

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I just remembered a one piece Colmar (jacket attached to stretch bottoms) that I bought at a consignment shop in Aspen... Owner said they belonged to Goldie Hawn

I just remembered a one piece Colmar (jacket attached to stretch bottoms) that I bought at a consignment shop in Aspen... Owner said they belonged to Goldie Hawn..
I bet the store was Susie's. I just went there yesterday!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have several pairs that fit really tight.
They are made by Frauenschuh, Authier, and Jet set. You can see them in Gorsuch website.
Do you mean pants like these?View attachment 19118View attachment 19119
Those are nice , even in boring black. Stretch pants I’m thinking of were stirrup pants and weird fitting at the lower leg. And black, always black. Worn with Roffe or Demetre ski sweater. Or Bogner. This was in the 70’s.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So does anyone have experience with a version of stretch pants that are warm when the temps are really low and the wind is blowing, and also that are water-resistant in case it's snowing (or raining)? I'm talking about pants without stirrups.

In other words, are they being made these days with improvements over the vintage ones?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
See upthread. @Mudgirl630 posted some from the Gorsuch catalog that she said are warm and water resistant. Of course, those are really high end Italian brands. In my avatar photo I'm wearing Jet Set pants (not stretch).

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
So does anyone have experience with a version of stretch pants that are warm when the temps are really low and the wind is blowing, and also that are water-resistant in case it's snowing (or raining)? I'm talking about pants without stirrups.

In other words, are they being made these days with improvements over the vintage ones?
So, I wear those you see above daily. I switch around. I have several pairs. They are very warm. Some are fuzzy inside. Strechy. I wear them even at 0 degree. I wear a pair of wool basewear under them. Snowing hard, even wet ones, no problem. Frauenschuh pants(i wear Christie) are thick and the material hold you in, very supportive. Since I am in Aspen all winter, I get to try on all the highend stuff. In my opinion, Frauneschuh are technical and super well made among all the high ticket items. I do not care for any Bogner stuff.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna