• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Diva West @ Steamboat, Trip Report and Photos

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I only have 4 days at Steamboat (just grabbed an Ikon Session pass for this trip), and I had some work obligations yesterday, so I used my Indy Pass to do a quick few hours at Howelsen Hill in downtown Steamboat. What a cool little local hill. I can't really imagine growing up with such easy access to affordable skiing.

@marzNC also checked out Howelsen in 2020:

Very cool view of Steamboat from the top of Howelsen, with some of the Howelsen nordic trails in the foreground:
howelsen-1.jpg

One of the blue runs skiers right on the hill:
howelsen-2.jpg

By the time I left around 4pm the lights were on and several teams were showing up to practice, including a bunch of mogul-skiing children practicing backflips:
howelsen-3.jpg

marzNC

Angel Diva
Only have 5 days and walk up is $269 so thinking of Howelson Hill tomorrow and maybe hot springs!
HH is good fun! Especially if the chairlift is running. The old lift didn't run midweek. The poma is steep!

HH has the steepest magic carpet I've ever ridden. By the time I got to the midway point, it was obvious why adults were taking off one ski before they got on.

Bill and Jason did all the short and narrow black trails. I opted out and was mostly skiing solo the couple of hours we were there. I stuck to the open terrain and the groomers.

MissySki

Angel Diva
We’ve had lots of sunny blue sky pics.. so here’s today’s powder day ones! @Sparky and I decided with 10 inches overnight that we had to go skiing this morning ahead of our flights out. Could have skied much longer since my flight ultimately got cancelled, but of course SouthWest did not do that until everyone was at the airport ready to go. Nonetheless, it was very worthwhile going out. We found lots of fresh tracks to play in on trails, on bumps, and in the trees. So much fun!!

It wasn’t their famed champagne powder, but it was quite lovely. Way lighter than what we get in the East.. as I could actually ski it just fine on the Blaze 86. And I’m not usually a very good powder skier, but felt fine today which was a big happy surprise. Maybe I’m FINALLY catching on lol.

IMG_0118.jpegIMG_0125.jpegIMG_0130.jpegIMG_3995.jpegIMG_0122.jpeg

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
We’ve had lots of sunny blue sky pics.. so here’s today’s powder day ones! @Sparky and I decided with 10 inches overnight that we had to go skiing this morning ahead of our flights out. Could have skied much longer since my flight ultimately got cancelled, but of course SouthWest did not do that until everyone was at the airport ready to go. Nonetheless, it was very worthwhile going out. We found lots of fresh tracks to play in on trails, on bumps, and in the trees. So much fun!!

It wasn’t their famed champagne powder, but it was quite lovely. Way lighter than what we get in the East.. as I could actually ski it just fine on the Blaze 86. And I’m not usually a very good powder skier, but felt fine today which was a big happy surprise. Maybe I’m FINALLY catching on lol.

View attachment 22439View attachment 22440View attachment 22441View attachment 22442View attachment 22443
And to think I sat at the Hayden airport for 3 hours and now still in Denver another 6-7

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna