• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

DIVA CATS! (And other pets can play too!)

B

B.E.G.

Had to post some baby pics - these were at 2 weeks:

20090724_34.jpg

20090724_38.jpg

And 5 weeks:

(Dante)

081209125.jpg

(Kipling)

081209117.jpg

altagirl

Staff member
So cute!

I just got one of those wave scratch post things for my cat, but apparently it works equally well as a perch to scare the dogs away from their beds.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2011-02-15_14-22-53_522.jpg
    2011-02-15_14-22-53_522.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 18

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So cute!

I just got one of those wave scratch post things for my cat, but apparently it works equally well as a perch to scare the dogs away from their beds.

Oscar has one of those! She seems to like it.

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
B.E.G. Have I got a video for you! Check this out (I'd embed it but just not that technologically inclined...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qit3ALTelOo

[YOUTUBE]<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qit3ALTelOo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YOUTUBE]

(I'll try both you can see what works).

BTW This guy is pretty cute for such a young guy (too young for me anyway) -but think he's got a girlfriend or wife as she appears in at least one of his other videos...

Enjoy!:thumbsup:

B

B.E.G.

:ROTF:

That was hilarious - loved it! I swear Sparta could be my Dante all over. Thanks for posting the link, Mom of Redheads! And hey, the guy is pretty cute! :laugh:

altagirl

Staff member
I need to get a video of the cat-herding routine at my house. If the cat got locked outside on the deck, our little dog (who is some sort of cattle dog/shepherd/catahoula mix) will run back and forth and make you go open the door, then she'll run out and herd the cat back into the house. It's like the cat has her own little doorbell to get back inside - Ginger won't quit until someone gets up to let the cat in.

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DH was much more entertained by it than I was, but then his family is as I said nutty about cats. But I thought that Sparta might be the same type of cat you had? So I thought you'd enjoy... :hug:

B

B.E.G.

Altagirl, aww that's so cute! I so want to add a dog to the mix, but it's going to have to be a big one otherwise my Dante will totally beat the poor thing up. He pounces on my mom's Chihuahua and "hunts" her (poor clueless thing has no idea either, she just wags her tail like all is cool!)

Mom of Redheads, haha I think Sparta is! Well I can't tell - there are tabbies who look a LOT like Bengals (including one adorable little guy who is at my animal rescue non-profit right now), but Sparta does look a lot like a Bengal, PLUS his mischievousness is on par for the Bengal breed.

My cats are totally insane. When I was gone for two weeks on spring break last year, I had a cat sitter come in once a day. Got an e-mail from her saying that the cats had gotten my freezer door open, dragged out half the contents, the coffee ice cream melted on my off-white carpet, and they had dragged the frozen chicken to the living room. :doh: They've also torn apart a loaf of bread I had on the counter, gotten into my kitchen cabinets, played with the springy doorstopper on my bathroom door so much that it fell off, gotten stuck INSIDE the automatic litterbox (I switched to a regular one eventually), fallen into the toilet, wrestled on top of my built-in wine rack that is 6 inches wide and right below the ceiling, and gotten shut up in closets. And that's just the stuff I remember off the top of my head!

altagirl

Staff member
Ha! Thankfully I don't have to worry about my cat getting into stuff much. She gets locked in closets, in bedrooms, etc. She will toss her gravity fed food bowl onto the floor if it's stuck. Ugh. But that's about it.

Which is nice, because Ginger makes up for it. She ate a tube of neosporin the other day. Yum. :noidea: She's turned several magazines into confetti. Heh, and the only book she's ever touched, is.... Cesar Milan's dog training book. Which she didn't chew up, but she dragged it outside, down the stairs and hid it under a tree. Oh, the irony.

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ohh I love cats! There are some beautiful cats in this thread, especially those Bengals, they look like leopards.

I'm far more of a cat person than a dog person.

However, I have chinchillas. Meet Misty and Shadow:

ShadowandMisty04.jpg

PB240025.jpg

PB240030.jpg

Oh, and this is Tonic, my Roborovski dwarf hamster. She did have a friend called Gin, but she sadly developed a tumour and had to be PTS..

2010-05-02154530.jpg

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you, they are super-cute and soooo soft!

I do love your cats B.E.G <3

B

B.E.G.

Thanks Liquid Yellow! They are totally my babies. I think they're excited to get into our own place in June too - I promised them an even better cat tree than the one they had in Chicago (and that I sold). And more toys. And lots of straws (they like straws). I would love to get some chinchillas, but considering Dante likes to hunt my mom's Chihuahua (who is the same size as he is) I don't think I could ever introduce a smaller furry being into our household!

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I grew up with dogs but adopted a street cat after moving to SLC in 1994; I lived in a zen center and needed some companionship to offset the rigors of my training (I'm so glad I got over that!

Rocky.jpg

He was a terror at 4 months but mellowed into a grumpy old man until late one night last March, when while waiting for me to be ready for our bedtime routine of him scratching the post then alternating between chasing each other throughout the apartment, he just literally keeled over with no warning. He'd been perfectly healthy, and the vet said he probably had a heart attack or stroke. I live alone, so I was devastated. But he was 17 and didn't suffer, so in a way we were lucky.

Fortunately, I also have the company of Misha, a beautiful if sometimes histrionic tortoiseshell who's almost 18 now. Her specialty is climbing on top of the fridge while I'm in the living room and poking her nose around the corner so I can just see one ear, all the while meowing loudly "I'm being bad! I'm being bad! You'd better come stop me! Oh, I'm doing something so bad!" I'm having some photos scanned, including one of her draped over my TV like a lion on a tree branch waiting for prey. I'll try to remember to post it when I get the DVD.

B

B.E.G.

Litterbug - awwww. He was gorgeous - what was his name? That's so tough, seeing a beloved pet go, but like you said, he didn't suffer, and had a great, long, happy life.

Pics of Misha please! I don't know WHAT is wrong with me lately, but I totally read that as a TORTOISE, and I'm like, HOW THE HECK does a TURTLE get up on the FRIDGE?!?!!?! And then I realized :doh:

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't know WHAT is wrong with me lately, but I totally read that as a TORTOISE, and I'm like, HOW THE HECK does a TURTLE get up on the FRIDGE?!?!!?! And then I realized :doh:

You just made me laugh aloud--I hope my boss didn't hear!

Rocky was my old boy's name. He earned it when I first got him by standing on his hind legs and 'boxing' with me when I wriggled my fingers in front of his face.

I got the mailing label for the photos about a month ago but I keep forgetting to buy a box for them (some are very strange sizes). It takes a month or so to get them back after scanning, but it's worth it because this company does such a fantastic job. I had them scan 300 slides and they came out absolutely gorgeous, even though the slides are almost 30 years old and weren't stored very well.

B

B.E.G.

You just made me laugh aloud--I hope my boss didn't hear!

Rocky was my old boy's name. He earned it when I first got him by standing on his hind legs and 'boxing' with me when I wriggled my fingers in front of his face.

I got the mailing label for the photos about a month ago but I keep forgetting to buy a box for them (some are very strange sizes). It takes a month or so to get them back after scanning, but it's worth it because this company does such a fantastic job. I had them scan 300 slides and they came out absolutely gorgeous, even though the slides are almost 30 years old and weren't stored very well.

Awww what an apt name! My two cats, when they're play fighting, will both rear up onto their hind legs and wave at each other with their front paws like little Godzillas :laugh:

Ooh I need to find a company that will scan photos - I want all our old family photos on digital but I'm way too lazy to do all of them. I did try and got through a couple hundred, looked around at the pile stacks of albums left, cried a bit, and gave up :bounce:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna