• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I'm trying to decide on xxs or xs.
I found these to be true to size. I bought some after @ski diva posted about buying them originally.

Regarding skiing, I had an awesome morning on snow yesterday. I got cut from ski school so I free skied a bit. I didn’t have my regular skis on me, just the soft and narrow Head Shape eV-2 which I picked up for a song to use specifically for teaching, but as long as I didn’t try to go too fast they were super super fun on a few of the black diamond groomers at Jay Peak off the Jet Chair. Great edge hold, very confidence building. I was very pleased with the realization that even though I haven’t had much free ski time this season, I have gotten to be a more confident skier (notwithstanding my abysmal performance on some steep ice bumps at MRG with @jthree earlier this month). In December, the Haynes run scared the crap out of me. Yesterday I just did lots of turns at a moderate pace that didn’t feel effortful at all (went home and treadmill jogged afterwards to feel like I had worked out) and had an amazing time lapping it under the sunshine.

Now I am keeping an eye on price drops to the Head Shape eV-8… the eV-2s are so turny and fun!!!!!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I mean… get your usual size? I don’t know what that is! I usually wear a small and I got a small.
I'm kind of in between size xxs and xs......... I have a Stio fleece that is extra small and is pretty small. Stio shells seem to run large so haven't purchased the one I like that @lisamamot has..... I have the Stio cute flannel shirt that is extra small and perfect.
Waiting for @ski diva to return from trip to see what size she got.

mountainwest

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm kind of in between size xxs and xs......... I have a Stio fleece that is extra small and is pretty small. Stio shells seem to run large so haven't purchased the one I like that @lisamamot has..... I have the Stio cute flannel shirt that is extra small and perfect.
If you are between sizes, I recommend sizing up in these. I tried on both the XS and S in-store and went with the S. (I also tried on a Stio shell jacket the same day in XS and thought it was a little too big.)

And replying to the OP, I'm currently at 30 days this season.

newbieM

Angel Diva
Day 6 - bummed the universe keeps killing my ski vibe.

Was supposed to ski Alta on Saturday but the weather was crummy and there was no new snow and it was super windy. They ended up closing early so not the end of the world but ugh.

powder mountain today. It was yippeee powder fun! I rented blackcrows atris birdies and they were great. They floated but still let me turn when I wanted.

the wind was brutal and it was cold (I’m super wimpy) but omg so much powder and because I was skiing new skis and the visibility wasn’t great I mostly stuck to greens
off of hidden lake. It was fabulous. There was practically no one else on my runs and so much fresh powder especially in the trees.

would have loved to ski more adventurous stuff but I ski alone and the visibility was so poor I didn’t want to risk getting hurt or turned around because it’s so big there.

but it was fun fun fun! I love that mountain and I’m so sad for the changes. I’m super lucky I have a friend of a friend who owns a place up there so he gets all the perks and is generous with them so I hope to still get to ski there next season.

Attachments

• IMG_0172.jpeg
    IMG_0172.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 3

marzNC

Angel Diva
Finished skiing at Grand Targhee today. Only got 2 days March 1-3 because the road was closed at the wrong time on March 2, so the resort never opened.

That makes 12 days out west, 17 in the southeast (VA, WV), and 5 in the midwest (MI).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna