• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Cute Apre Ski Hats?

snow cat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Aren't you going to Breck soon? There's a cool hat store (Breckenridge Hat Company) there and they have tons of hats. My friends and I were in there playing with all the wig hats, etc. for awhile. I bought two hats there but there were others I would've bought if money/luggage space isn't an issue. People are either looking at it/me and make comments about my hat. :smile: There is a fuzzy pom on the back for a tail.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Aren't you going to Breck soon? There's a cool hat store (Breckenridge Hat Company) there and they have tons of hats. My friends and I were in there playing with all the wig hats, etc. for awhile. I bought two hats there but there were others I would've bought if money/luggage space isn't an issue. People are either looking at it/me and make comments about my hat. :smile: There is a fuzzy pom on the back for a tail.

That store is dangerous! I bought three fedoras there. I never wear them. But they are so cute!

ZealouslyB

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have always had this problem too! I refuse to ski without a helmet, but always get sweaty and my hair is a mess by the end of the day. I just don't get how some people manage to pull off perfect hair after wearing a helmet. Here are a few thoughts:

- I concur, Athleta makes cute hats and some that have pony tail holes.

- Wedze, https://www.wedze.com/en, makes cute hats. A friend of mine just bought my one for xmas with a cute pom pom on top and I love it- I too don't think some winter hats look good on me, like regular beanies, something about my forehead & lack of bangs just don't work. This one is super soft and looks pretty good.

- I'd also encourage checking out Etsy for a funky vintage 80s/90s hat or a homemade one. I bought this one on Etsy last year and get tons of compliments on it. It has a pageboy-style brim and though it's knit, it's a chunky knit so it breathes well:

il_570xN.372393446_ifwd.jpg

Last, two seasons ago I left my neck gaiter at home and had to purchase a substitute at the mountain. I bought a buff, which is light but very effective at blocking out wind and BONUS can double as a beanie if we stop mid mountain to warm up or grab an adult beverage. I really hate having to take my helmet off with nothing else to put on my head, so it's nice to have this option in a pinch: https://www.buffusa.com/sports/

On a separate but related note...... I've found it disturbing, whilst watching the Sochi Olympics, that some of the women (i.e. slope style competitors) wear a hat under their helmet, and their helmet essentially pushed back on the back of their head loosely so as to not mess up the underlying hairdo. God forbid that you crack your head open and have a hair out of place!!! Anyone else notice that??

ZealouslyB

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Backcountry girl, what is the difference between the alpine and Nordic hats?

I believe that nordic hats are just knit, no lining or insulation, to allow excess heat to vent. Alpine hats are generally lined to keep heat in.

I find sometimes it's rather arbitrary, just the manufacturer's label for intended use.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On a separate but related note...... I've found it disturbing, whilst watching the Sochi Olympics, that some of the women (i.e. slope style competitors) wear a hat under their helmet, and their helmet essentially pushed back on the back of their head loosely so as to not mess up the underlying hairdo. God forbid that you crack your head open and have a hair out of place!!! Anyone else notice that??

DH kept commenting on this, for the men *and* the women. I've seen a lot of dudes on chairlifts sporting this same look. Baffling, but no less baffling than all the people wearing helmets without the strap cinched. Useless!

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I quite like beanies from Planks Clothing (https://www.planksclothing.com) with a label "Drop Cliffs not Bombs", I have bought a few over the years in different colours. Not sure they are exactly "cute" but they look quite badass. I also have a couple bobble hats from Peak Performance and a Sauna hat signed "Verbier", and a few hats from a Dutch company Poederbaas (www.poederbaas.com). I love their bright colours.

climbingbetty

Angel Diva
I have this same problem. Funny aside, a friend asked me for a picture of me the other day, and I had to say "I hope you're OK with one where I am wearing a helmet or hat, because I don't have any otherwise." Between my ski helmet and climbing helmet, I feel naked WITHOUT something on my noggin.

Back on topic-I am looking forward to receiving my SheJumps Nordic hat from Skida. I hoping it will fit under my climbing helmet better then my current knit winter hat and it appears it will double well for winter running as well. I don't really do apres unless driving home to make dinner counts. I suppose a cute hat will go a long in helping me to not scare small chidden in the grocery store with my gnarly helmet hair.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna