• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Cute Apre Ski Hats?

Tra262007

Certified Ski Diva
Hello Divas,

You are all so great at finding cool items to buy. Im looking for a cute apre ski hat to wear. My hair always gets jacked up after skiing and there is no hope in repairing it. I get to hot wearing a winter hat inside and regular baseball hats don't look good on me.

Any ideas or pictures of what works for you would be great.

Thanks as always for your help:
T

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I usually just go home and take a shower. Or if I'm someplace where I can't do that right away, I generally wear a regular old tuque (winter hat) -- see the one in my avatar photo.

But if you get too warm with those and don't like baseball caps, what about a newsboy cap or a simple beanie?

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
I love skida hats. The story behind them is great. Check out www.skidasport.com. The hats are made in the USA by a company that was started by a young Vermonter while she still was in H.S. She kept it going during college. There's a lined alpine version and an unlined nordic version. I have several of each. The unlined version is perfect for apres and for running or XC skiing.

Jilly

Staff member
Geez...another website to bookmark....Now if the Cdn $ would go up!!

That is great looking stuff!

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I get a lot of love for my apres-ski hat. It's bright red fleece made from recycled soda bottles. It's a pointy stocking cap, like Santa's elves wear, only about 3 feet long. And along the seam that runs along the top of it, it has little white fleece triangles sewn in, so that when it's on, they stand up like the spines on a dragon's back. It's a show-stopper, for sure, and I get at least one total stranger telling me how much they love my hat every time I wear it.

Somehow, I think that's probably not what you have in mind, though...:bounce:

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I get a lot of love for my apres-ski hat. It's bright red fleece made from recycled soda bottles. It's a pointy stocking cap, like Santa's elves wear, only about 3 feet long. And along the seam that runs along the top of it, it has little white fleece triangles sewn in, so that when it's on, they stand up like the spines on a dragon's back. It's a show-stopper, for sure, and I get at least one total stranger telling me how much they love my hat every time I wear it.

Somehow, I think that's probably not what you have in mind, though...:bounce:

Photos, please.

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Photos, please.

Will do my best to put it together with a camera. One of my favorite things about this hat is that I can store stuff, like my glove liners and sunglasses inside it, and wear it all at the same time. Day before yesterday I even stored a paperback and my reading glasses in it.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Things you could consider:

a trucker hat- a little trendier and more stylish than a regular baseball hat. I find that they look better on me if I tilt them slightly to the side

a headband- helps somewhat hide messy post-ski hair but keeps your head cool

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do you wear it like a headband like a sweatband?

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
well i tend to ski with braids or hair tied back, so i would wear it as a headband (around forehead and under hair at nape of neck).

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ok letting the diva come out... I really like big hair and that doesn't bode well wearing a helmet. Athleta makes very cute hats when the helmet has really done a number.

I also discovered something new this year by accident. I typically do my hair for work days and I recently switched from velcro to 2" rollers. I noticed that even on Sat(ski day) the rollers have still given lift and I can just re-fluff despite a helmet.

Also the chunky knit headband/earbands are cute.

HTH.

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love skida hats. The story behind them is great. Check out www.skidasport.com. The hats are made in the USA by a company that was started by a young Vermonter while she still was in H.S. She kept it going during college. There's a lined alpine version and an unlined nordic version. I have several of each. The unlined version is perfect for apres and for running or XC skiing.

BackCountryGirl, do you have a nordic headband? If so would zou be so kind to let me know the 'height'?Found this website via shejumps and was thinking the whole week about ordering as I am looking for a headband for running and hiking (when needed).

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
BackCountryGirl, do you have a nordic headband? If so would zou be so kind to let me know the 'height'?Found this website via shejumps and was thinking the whole week about ordering as I am looking for a headband for running and hiking (when needed).
I had a headband and lost it, which really angered me. I recall the height as being about 2.25". I hope that helps.

ride_ski

Angel Diva

I have a few of the Skida hats as well. Love them. I have the unlined versions and wear them to and from the mountain

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly