• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Banff 2022

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
FYI, this thread is really fun to read, thank you!!! I have wanted to go to Banff for years, and this is super motivational.

PLUS, I’m 100% here for this:
there was no skittering fast all the way over to the other side of the run before I could stop, all the while chanting obscenities.
Because I really thought I was the only one who ever muttered obscenities in situations that felt untenable but needed to stay in control.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Because I really thought I was the only one who ever muttered obscenities in situations that felt untenable but needed to stay in control.
I 100% exclaimed “oh sh-t” twice on the run @Jenny rocked. But I didn’t fall and managed to regain my balance, so I’ll call it a win.

Jenny

Angel Diva
That's a rather circuitous way to go.
Yes, it was ridiculous from the very beginning. I don’t know WHY they don’t fly this route through O’Hare - which, I know, has issues of its own, but I’ve never had the trouble there that I’ve had at DFW.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
@Jenny does this mean you made it home ok?

A quick personal coda on this trip… I shared in another thread that my grandfather passed away the week before the trip started. My mom, a non-skier, had already planned to tag along on this trip. She spent the days walking on Canmore’s beautiful walking trails and meditating by the river, and sightseeing with us after the ski day. She told me yesterday that she was very happy and that the trip completely turned her mood around after the sadness of the prior week. I also feel very comforted and happy I was able to spend the week with her (and Dr Pugs) in nature.

Thank you Jenny and Mr. Jenny for including my mom! It was a delight to travel with you.

Jilly

Staff member
I love Banff but I swear to whoever anyone holds holy I am never flying through Dallas again.
Sounds like a trip to Tahoe years ago. Reno, Fresno, Dallas, Toronto then Ottawa. Had my luggage in Toronto. Not when I got to Ottawa. All over night too!

Heading home today too from Tampa.

Jenny

Angel Diva
@ilovepugs - We did finally make it home, after becoming very familiar with two terminals and six gates at DFW. Between the size of YYC and DFW, we had no problem getting in all the steps for the day! Finally landed in GR at about 1:00 am.

The musical gates was the icing on the cake. At one point we changed terminals, headed to the new gate (which, of course, was all the way to the left) and then just as we almost got there it changed again, to the gate all the way at the other end. And that was within about seven minutes.

Mama pugs found some gorgeous spots. I’m glad the time was good for her.

@Jilly - That's a way crazy itinerary! Hope your travels back from Tampa go smoothly. How was everything? This was training?

ilovepugs

Angel Diva

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna