• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Any ideas for boot bag for airline travel?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Skis.com has the dimensions as 18.5in x 12in x 6in . Where did you look get the size from? Without a helmet or boots, the backpack is relatively small. That's why I like it.
Which one are you looking at? The three I just looked at are larger than the dimensions you listed..

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@marzNC just saw the one you're looking at. I ignored it b/c I definitely don't want boots and helmet on the outside... Thanks though.

ski_hat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@santacruz skier i literally just flew to Austria yesterday with the Sportube Overheader bag. It fits the airline overhead dimensions perfectly, if you're careful not to over pack it. Note that the helmet "compartment" throws the dimensions totally off, but they (Lufthansa) let me carry my helmet on my lap, no problem.

Pro tip: get some vacuum bags with a hand pump to help squish the air out of ski clothes for easier packing!

Sportube Overheader link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XRPBPAY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_xXzIybW2KC68D

Vacuum bags link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0191OBGH6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_KYzIyb7TGZBE4

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Thanks everyone for all your suggestions.. I'm leaving for Tahoe today for almost 2 weeks and will order the Sportube Overheader bag and already have the vacuum bags.....if I can find them...
@santacruz skier i literally just flew to Austria yesterday with the Sportube Overheader bag. It fits the airline overhead dimensions perfectly, if you're careful not to over pack it. Note that the helmet "compartment" throws the dimensions totally off, but they (Lufthansa) let me carry my helmet on my lap, no problem.

Pro tip: get some vacuum bags with a hand pump to help squish the air out of ski clothes for easier packing!

Sportube Overheader link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XRPBPAY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_xXzIybW2KC68D

Vacuum bags link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0191OBGH6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_KYzIyb7TGZBE4
The Sportube Overheader is the winner!!!!

ski_hat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@santacruz skier you won't regret it! It's so well made, I know it will last ages, and as a back pack, it's actually quite comfortable!

(And I like the coloring too...)

Have a blast in Tahoe!!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@santacruz skier you won't regret it! It's so well made, I know it will last ages, and as a back pack, it's actually quite comfortable!

(And I like the coloring too...)

Have a blast in Tahoe!!
Thank you! Where are you in Austria? I leave Feb 19 for London, then Vienna, and will be in Austria (Kitzbuehl) Feb 25 - March 4.... Right now they have 33 inches - Tahoe has 185 inches.... go figure! Thanks again for the suggestion. Think I might put my helmet in my ski bag and wrap a jacket around it....think I can get away with that....

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I just did Zurs/Lech this past Saturday and Sunday. Alomsot all off piste with a guide - was pretty good, though the snow is someone hard and heavy, it took some work The Kikus were up to the task, though. Have fun!
Thinking of bringing Sambas.

elemmac

Angel Diva
I just did Zurs/Lech this past Saturday and Sunday. Alomsot all off piste with a guide - was pretty good, though the snow is someone hard and heavy, it took some work The Kikus were up to the task, though. Have fun!

What company did you hire a guide from? I'm currently on a search for a guide in St. Anton/Lech/Zurs for a day or two at the end of February. Any recommendations?

ski_hat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you! Where are you in Austria? I leave Feb 19 for London, then Vienna, and will be in Austria (Kitzbuehl) Feb 25 - March 4.... Right now they have 33 inches - Tahoe has 185 inches.... go figure! Thanks again for the suggestion. Think I might put my helmet in my ski bag and wrap a jacket around it....think I can get away with that....

I'm in Linz right now, but will be skiing in Hochkönig this weekend

lisamamot

Angel Diva
The Sportube Overheader is the winner!!!!

Please report back how you like it! I have the Dakine 50L boot pack and it fit perfectly in the standard overheads even stuffed full with ski shell, shell pants, helmet, goggles, and mittens. Not sure if it would make BA happy, but Delta and United have been perfectly so.

Even though I love my bag, being able to attach the Sportube Overheader to the Sportube is very enticing....wondering if that would have helped with the whole Aspen airport to Snowmass on the bus routine.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Please report back how you like it! I have the Dakine 50L boot pack and it fit perfectly in the standard overheads even stuffed full with ski shell, shell pants, helmet, goggles, and mittens. Not sure if it would make BA happy, but Delta and United have been perfectly so.

Even though I love my bag, being able to attach the Sportube Overheader to the Sportube is very enticing....wondering if that would have helped with the whole Aspen airport to Snowmass on the bus routine.
I need to google the Dakine. Haven't ordered yet as in Tahoe for the next 10 days. Unbelievable snow btw..

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Dakine is 18 x 13 x 12. Exceeds dimensions for BA..

Tvan

Angel Diva
We have some that you just squeeze the air out of by rolling them up or laying on them.

This is the type I use as well, and I use them for all trips. Less likely to get opened if bags are searched at the airport, and if your suitcase gets wet on the Tarmac, the contents stay dry.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga