• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Accidentally Improved - Anyone else?

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
CADreaming - I love what you did. It's exactly right. Try and ski a little bit of something that's more challenging, and then when you look at the next run you compare it to what you know you are already capable of doing. And don't ever let those demons of self doubt in.

Well done for advancing to blues and being your own motivator!

C

CMCM

How exciting...and good for you to try the harder run---a great confidence builder! It's great to challenge yourself just a little, which you did! Big payoff! :clap:

SnowflakeADK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats and high fives on your achievement!! Its so confindence inspiring when you find what you thought was not possible is in fact very possible, isn't it? Keep at it and each time you ski do at least one run that challanges you a bit (safely, of course) :smile:

ZealouslyB

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Woohoo!!!

Definitely seems like if you're getting bored with greens, it's time to challenge yourself. No one who moved up a level does it and is perfect at it first try... that's the whole point to learning. Whether or not you're a true "blue" skier, good for you for trying something new and challenging. I try to challenge myself on skis all the time. Nothing feels better than taking a run that felt uneasy; doing over and over- and finally being able to smile at the accomplishment of doing it well and with complete confidence.

So bravo, for taking on the next challenge. Not always easy to do!!!

CAdreaming

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks Divas! :becky:
Yes, it feels great to discover that I can actually ski some blues.
Nonetheless, I am signing up for 3pack group trainings on this coming Friday.
I asked the trainer about my level and told him about the runs that I have skied so far. He classified me as low intermediate level and assured me that I will be ok in the intermediate group.
I can take those 3 lessons anytime during this season. The trainer suggests that I should take 2 lessons to improve on the intermediate runs and the last lesson to try one of the advance run towards the end of this season :fear:
I need to find an easy advance run. :eyebrows:

ZealouslyB

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't sell yourself short! You're probably better than you think, esp. if a qualified pro is telling you you'll be fine. If you take the lessons and practice, chances are you'll be eyeing those advanced trails too before you know it.....

Best of luck, and happy trails!:ski2:

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Often it's a mental thing to get ourselves to do a run that we can ski physically but we fear in our heads. I often use a technique with the kids I coach where I sneak them onto a black diamond from a direction where they won't see the sign and then tell them at the bottom that they did it. Once they've done it it isn't as scary anymore and they can take that knowledge to other black diamonds (or blue squares as the case is here).

I had an instructor kind of do this with me in France in December. I had gone up a lift on the saturday with my boyfriend and saw the black run under the lift and thought "no way!" so when it came to skiing back down to the resort I made us ski a pretty long blue back and then we had to get a bus as well ( lots of moaning from boyfriend :fear: ) 2 days latter I go up the same lift with the ski instructor and we go off in a different direction down a nice red then we stop for some feedback and all off a sudden I notice the piste markers and we're on that black! turns out boyfriend was right and I could ski it :eyebrows:

Carol

Certified Ski Diva
That was me too. I'm 42 yrs old (until next onth). This is my first season and I've only skied about 8 days total (on the weekends, not 8 days straight!) Green runs the first 2-3 days, blues the next 3, now on blue/blacks the rest so far. Had no idea that I was on a blue/black run. I was following my hubby and he took the wrong run (he didn't see the trail sign). He's a good skier but I'm a noobie. So I followed after him, wondered why it was getting a bit steeper. Next thing I know, I'm on an almost black run. Oh well. Good thing I don't panic. Those group lessons at Winter Park are fantastic. I've had three so far.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna