• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have never cared much about matching clothes... I have always preferred to spend money on more skis rather than more clothes. That being said, I am now seriously perturbed that this awesome combo is going to be ruined? by my lime green jacket.
It is an excellent hardshell jacket. Top of the line and expensive, super comfy, I love it. But it is lime green. Somehow, almost all of my skis are purple and/or pink. This is driving me crazy. Do I need a new jacket? Aargh. :help:
Pic of jacket?

chasinghorizons

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hopefully those skis will be covered in snow, so no one will know what they look like....:brick:
This idea doesn't make me happy either lol

I Loooove the jacket !!!:thumbsup:
Thank you, it's seriously SUCH a great jacket - all the pockets I could ever want, breathable on warm days and also wonderfully warm on cold days (with appropriate layers of course)... it just doesn't... match... ANYTHING!

Are you really asking this question on this thread?
Yes!
I guess I was kind of hoping for opinions on whether the color combo is indeed as terrible as I think it is... I'm trying to look at it like lime green is the next color in the rainbow so maybe it works?!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I guess I was kind of hoping for opinions on whether the color combo is indeed as terrible as I think it is... I'm trying to look at it like lime green is the next color in the rainbow so maybe it works?!
Oh the color combo looks fine. Lol. You still need a new jacket though, since you asked on this thread.

chasinghorizons

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The colour combo is fine !!!
Thanks... of my other main skis, one is solid bright pink, and another is solid purple, so I've been feeling like either a watermelon or Barney all season... this newest addition was almost too much for me to handle T_T

• Love
Reactions: AJM

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What about orange or aqua pants to really reinforce the idea of a rainbow?

chasinghorizons

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@chasinghorizons what color pants ?
If charcol like the jacket it would be a neutral between the two bright colors....
On warm days I have black softshell pants... On cold days, I still haven't found any insulated pants I like better than my gray plaid ones that I think are at least 15+ years old?? I don't know how they're still in such good shape honestly and yes I'm a little ashamed of them but damn are they warm and comfy.

Is the skittle look out of fashion? Not a fan of matchy matchy ski attire…. Just saying
I don't think I can do full skittle mode lol. But respect to those who can pull it off.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And will you help me pay the fine when the fashion police come after me?
Given that these ski suits exist I'm sure you aren't going to be chased by the fashion police for the skittles look...
womensneonskisuit_900x.jpg
You can also literally rock the rainbow, but I'm pretty sure this would immediately attract chairlift grease so you could only ski somewhere with surface lifts.
rainbow-road-womens-white-ski-suit_900x.jpg
Or go for a combo closer to your skis.
apres-everyday-womens-white-ski-suit-retro_900x.jpg

chasinghorizons

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Given that these ski suits exist I'm sure you aren't going to be chased by the fashion police for the skittles look...
View attachment 18887
You can also literally rock the rainbow, but I'm pretty sure this would immediately attract chairlift grease so you could only ski somewhere with surface lifts.
View attachment 18888
Or go for a combo closer to your skis.
View attachment 18889
Wow. Those are... really something.

The last one really would match well though, wouldn't it :rotf:

chasinghorizons

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Curious, what do you think of the skis? What model Factions? Not that I’m in the market for new skis………
I'm really stoked about them. They're the 20/21 Faction Candide 3.0x in 169. This was the one year the CTs were made heavier (previous and subsequent years were ~100-200g lighter, so much less damp). They have quite a cult following on Skitalk forums as being one of the best playful charger skis out there, and I really wanted a pow ski that could also hold up in tracked out Sierra cement conditions too.

See thread: https://www.skitalk.com/threads/2021-faction-candide-3-0-2-0-and-1-0-reviews.23385/

I was really close to getting the Moment Bella instead, but then the CTs came back on Sierra.com for only $399 and I couldn't pass them up. After all, they're probably never going to be made like this again! And also GregK posted this comparison between the two, which also really makes me feel like I made the right choice :smile: although with 3 different Faction skis, I am starting to feel a bit too much of a fangirl...

GregK:
"As far as the Bella vs CT 3.0x, the Bella has a bit longer radius, similar rocker but much shorter effective edge and it’s quite a bit lighter.

The Moment Bella will pivot very easily but needs more speed to be fun on groomers as it doesn’t pull you into a turn like a CT 3.0 would. The 21 CT are dual radius skis with a shorter radius tip/tail to make it easier to start turns but a nice long radius that’s stable at high speeds once you’re in a turn. Find because of this, the CT 3.0 seems easier edge to edge even though it’s wider.
So you get a ski with better suspension, with better float that has better grip on groomers in the CT 3.0.

The other thing I love on the CT is their unique flex pattern. Most skis(Moment included) are softer tip/tail and then peak to much stiffer underfoot. The 21 CT line are stiffer than most at the extreme tip/tail then gradually increase underfoot to a lower peak and down again towards the tails. Find you get no tip deflection when skiing fast over rough terrain yet when off piste, they are less demanding if you’re not perfect in technique in the bumps etc.
If you look at the side of a CT ski, the sidewall height doesn’t vary much even when extending into the tip/tails vs most skis that are much thicker underfoot vs their tip/tails.

If you have followed the Peak ski thread, this is what they are TRYING to achieve with their skis. Looks like they won’t be as successful with their core/sidewall height not staying as consistent near the tip/tail areas though.

So the CT 3.0x will be more versatile than the Bella and then once you factor in a $399.99 price, it’s a no brainer.
The CT mount line is just a touch forward vs the Bella(-4.7cm Vs -5cm from Center) and I’d recommend a mount of -1cm to -1.5cm back from the CT 3.0x mark to get a bit more stability, carving performance out of them."

Lots of ppl on the forum raving about this ski. One guy in particular has matching 3.0x with his wife, was worried about the length as she had previously only been on 156 Kenjas, but now the 169 CT is her soft snow DD. Supposedly really easy and fun to ski.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga