• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mid-Atlantic/SE skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC) for 2018-19

marzNC

Angel Diva
Groomers have been spotted on the Snowshoe webcams. Opening day is day before Thanksgiving, Nov. 21. Advanced purchase online day tickets are $40-43 until Dec. 11 as of Nov. 16.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Looking good on the Snowshoe webcams! Opening Day is Wed, 21Nov. Be interesting to see how many lifts and trails are open the first week given the added snow guns added by Alterra over the off-season. With Mother Nature helping out, could be one of the best opening weeks in a long time.

Silver Creek 11/17/18 10:30am
Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 10.40.42 AM.png

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Wow! Can’t wait to get out there! Maybe first weekend of December!

We are chomping at the bit to go. Been watching the cameras all week. We usually wait till after the New Year to head over, but we too are looking at the first weekend or the next to head over earlier if weather continues to cooperate. Fingers crossed!

Marigee

Angel Diva
@Marigee : how is Whitetail looking?

[Whitetail and Liberty each received 8-10 inches in the last storm. I was at Liberty today for some training and it was nice to see snow on the trails, but it was melting, and will probably be gone in a day or two. If we get some cold weather, Whitetail can usually open with 3 days of round the clock snow making. Generally, we are usually open by mid-December, but that date is very weather dependent.

Marigee

Angel Diva
@marzNC
Whitetail and Liberty each received 8-10 inches in the last storm. I was at Liberty today for some training and it was nice to see snow on the trails, but it was melting, and will probably be gone in a day or two. If we get some cold weather, Whitetail can usually open with 3 days of round the clock snow making. Generally, we are usually open by mid-December, but that date is very weather dependent.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
We are chomping at the bit to go. Been watching the cameras all week. We usually wait till after the New Year to head over, but we too are looking at the first weekend or the next to head over earlier if weather continues to cooperate. Fingers crossed!
Same!!! I’m thinking first weekend of December. I’m so excited for the season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Alterra has picked a President for Snowshoe. The Interim President who had been doing the job since Sept was given the job. Patti Duncan has been working at Snowshoe since 2000. That should mean a smooth transition. She is reporting directly to the Pres. and COO of Alterra. Feels like Alterra appreciates the market that makes the drive to Snowshoe.

ALTERRA MOUNTAIN COMPANY NAMES NEW PRESIDENT & COO OF SNOWSHOE MOUNTAIN RESORT IN WEST VIRGINIA

Patti Duncan Promoted from Vice President Resort Operations

marzNC

Angel Diva
Temps dived into the 20s last night in NC/TN/WV. Cataloochee will be open to the top by this weekend without any problems. App is blowing all day instead of being open, even though the schools around Boone have a snow day.

Massanutten managed to make enough snow to get the Snow Tubing open for Thanksgiving weekend. Will be more than cold enough at night this week for more snowmaking. My guess is that the goal is to open the slopes by Friday, Dec. 14.

Wintergreen started snowmaking as well. Generally just a bit colder than Mnut. I won't be surprised if Wintergreen is aiming to be open by Dec. 7.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sugar Mountain in NC has an annual Sugarfest the second weekend of December. There are a fair number of demo tents by brand reps on Sat and Sun, 9:00-3:30. The dates are Dec. 8-9, 2018.

Given the cold temps and early snowstorms, may be more terrain open at Sugar for Sugarfest than there has been for quite a while. I haven't been since 2006. Bought my first pair of good skis during late season sales based on what I learned as a intermediate that day. Could tell what was fun and what wasn't even though I was using my old rear entry boots (1981, very soft).

marzNC

Angel Diva
Canaan Valley is pushing out the news that opening day will be Dec. 15. Conditions should be pretty nice given the recent snowstorms and upcoming cold weather.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Beech Mountain held a Ribbon Cutting ceremony for the two new chairlifts today. Also heard that Beech snowmaking has been getting help from a few guys from New Zealand who work for SMI. People seem pretty happy overall.

EasternSkiBum

Certified Ski Diva
From Liberty's website..
Today at a Glance
Tues 12/4 - Snowmaking starts TONIGHT! Skiing, Snowboarding, Snow Tubing and Ice Skating are not yet open for the 2018-19 Winter Season. We are anxiously looking forward to opening day - stay tuned to the webcams and watch the snow piles grow!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Massanutten's big fan guns were on full blast last night. Even have some snowflakes expected this week as part of this really cold air! :becky:

marzNC

Angel Diva
A few of the SkiSE boys (men over 45, long time members) are making plans for how they can beat the storm and get settled in slope side to enjoy the deep snow Sun and Mon at Beech or Sugar in the NC mountains. Could be up to 2 FEET!

Governor of NC is asking people to get ready today and then stay put during the storm. The highways around my house in the Raleigh area have been prepped with de-icer already. Snow not expected until Sat afternoon, 12/8.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga