• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Where is winter???

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Winter finally arrived... as of about 5pm this afternoon. Lots of new snow wreaked havoc with rush hour traffic and made everything look all pretty and winter-wonderland-ish... finally. Unfortunately it's wet snow, great for snowmen and snowball fights but hell on skis. Regardless, I'm gonna ski on it this weekend, because I've been waiting all season for a few inches of fresh stuff.

The Gazette published a story today calling this year a "pathetic excuse for winter". I have to agree: https://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Snowblowers+dump+trucks+rare+sight/6206782/story.html

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Winter might have been pathetic in Montreal, but it's been pretty darn good here in the Laurentians. I've had a number of excellent days at Tremblant, not to mention lots of great x-c outings. Of course, with the latest dump, it's now it's even better.

I'm just back from volunteering at the annual x-c ski loppet (run by my x-c club and the municipality of Morin-Heights) – talk about absolutely perfect conditions and weather. We've set a high bar for future years!

ScottishGirlie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looks like ski-ing is as good as over in Scotland for this season. Two resorts are now closed and the other three have virtually nothing to speak of. :cry:

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Winter might have been pathetic in Montreal, but it's been pretty darn good here in the Laurentians. I've had a number of excellent days at Tremblant, not to mention lots of great x-c outings. Of course, with the latest dump, it's now it's even better

I was up at Saint-Sauveur today, and it was a pretty damn good ski day. Sunny, a little chilly in the morning but it warmed up quick, lots of new snow... but I have to wonder, where the heck is everyone? I don't think I waited in a lift line longer than 30 seconds. If a sunny beautiful Sunday after a snowstorm is that empty, they've got to be hurting.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Back when my world was all icy slopes and sprained shoulders, I made an appointment for this Wednesday to have a benign but annoying thing taken off my back. Over the weekend I remembered the doc telling me I shouldn't engage in any vigorous activity for two weeks afterward to make sure the scar isn't worse than it has to be. But the weather has changed and I just looked at the forecasts for the next week or so and realized I'll be very, very sorry not to be able to ski if we get 1/3 of the projected white stuff. So I rescheduled the procedure for May 10th in order to avoid any other conflicts. After all, this winter has been so squirrely that we need to live for the moment, right?

BTW, the forecasts are for snow and more snow. I usually ski Thursday afternoons, and this one looks like a whiteout. Yay! :banana:

Happy happy joy joy!

mustski

Angel Diva
So I rescheduled the procedure for May 10th in order to avoid any other conflicts.
Happy happy joy joy!

You crack me up! :rotf: I have done the same thing more than once with physicals, tooth extractions,... it's bad. My doctor say ... "it's time for a colonoscopy (sp?) should we aim for May?" But hey, if we're not dying, we can wait, right?

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You crack me up! :rotf: I have done the same thing more than once with physicals, tooth extractions,... it's bad. My doctor say ... "it's time for a colonoscopy (sp?) should we aim for May?" But hey, if we're not dying, we can wait, right?
Yep, scope, mammogram...I really really need a haircut (and am considering a little color because my greying hair just makes me feel pale in the winter) but my guy is usually scheduled a few weeks out, so I'm trying to figure out which day I'm least likely to go skiing...

mustski

Angel Diva
Yep, scope, mammogram...I really really need a haircut (and am considering a little color because my greying hair just makes me feel pale in the winter) but my guy is usually scheduled a few weeks out, so I'm trying to figure out which day I'm least likely to go skiing...

Uh huh ... may hairdresser stays late (until 6:30) on weekdays because I am a weekend warrior who went fully gray in her twenties ... so I am also a "cash cow" ! No late weekdays, I switch!

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ssshhhhh, don't tell anyone, but the NWS has a 2010-2011 style snow forecast for the next 36 hours in both Cottonwood Canyons. :bag:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Snow in the forecast for this weekend at Snowshoe in WV. :bounce: One reason that Marz Jr. and I are headed that way. Meeting up with SkiSoutheast friends.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Where is it? Well, right now, it's HERE, northern New England. Snowing so hard, it is now affecting visibility. How much? Time will tell!

Jilly

Staff member
Good for you MSL - and about time.

We got/getting everything here in southern Ontario. Snow, freezing rain, now snow and suppose to rain this afternoon. Nothing like waking up to hear all school buses cancelled! But that's the freezing rain not the snow. Hoping this R word doesn't happen in Lake Placid!

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It is NOT here in PA. Rain, and more rain, and rain, rain, rain. Even noticed some small white flowers getting ready to bloom on the train ride in this morning. After a sad, sad season weather-wise, I'd wager our local ski hill has about a week or so left in them until they're done for the season, unless we see some fluke snow/cold temps. They bumped up end of season stuff to next weekend. So any skiing I do from here on our will probably have to involve trips north. Ah well. More time for homework and responsible stuff? :noidea: But I have to give props to all of the local hills/mountains for making the best of some crummy weather this season. :thumb:

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A foot overnight at Alta this morning with more forecast for the next 24 hours.That makes 249" of snow this year and the base has hit 100"!!!
:party:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna